SoCal Axe Users Meeting?

I will be maintaining the list and posting it once we have the Date(s) and location set. We will also be asking for you all to confirm your attendance to the best of your knowledge at the earliest opportunity for several reasons. For one, it would be nice, as already mentioned, to have a public list of what gear will be present. Also, to get T-Shirt sizes. :shock

In my humble opinion this is not only going to be a great opportunity to get to know fellow Axe owners and share knowledge but also a stellar opportunity for potential owners to see this magic box in action in a myriad of configurations.

I saw something about t shirt sizes. Do they have anything in small? I'm a scrawny dude and the medium shirt I bought from FAS some time ago is big on me :shock

From the East Coast to the West Coast...

This is a really cool idea...Im from north Jersey, but if something like that was near me I would definitely go...really cool.

Hi NJBengals85,

First of all, kudos to those users (cobbler, ratsgym, and kerrlehr) who thought of this "Axe-Fest 2012 - North Hollywood" Event and are acting upon it...I think it's a fantastic idea for those who can attend!

This is a great idea, and I wish all of the left-coast guys the best-of-luck in pulling it off...It should be a very cool event: Informative, interesting, inspiring, fun, etc!

Now if we could perhaps get something similar going on the East-Coast (Northeast preferrably as far as I'm concerned - LOL!) Think about it...We could learn a thing or two about what works well and what might not work quite so well with the West-Coast/North-Hollywood version of the F.A.S. Gathering/Demonstration and perhaps improve upon such an event. We'd already have the logistical/demographical-advantage of Fractal Audio Systems Headquarters being in Southern New Hampshire, so a Boston-Area event could be conveneient for those employees who commute to Fractal Headquarters... As a Massachusetts resident and Axe-FX II owner, I've noticed many users here on the Forum who are from MA, NJ, NY, NH, RI, CT. All of these states are within zero-to-five hours away via car...

Now here's my "pipe-dream" portion of the idea: I've noticed that for at least 3 out of the last 4 years (almost without fail) Guthrie Govan seems to follow-up his annual-pilgramage to the Winter NAMM-show in Anaheim, CA (usually the 3rd weekend of January each year) with a Northeast-US pit-stop (logically in the last week of January each year!) for clinics and/or concerts in New York and Boston (where I've seen him 3-times!) so wouldn't that just be the "bee's-knees" if we could coordinate a Guthrie Govan Clinic and/or concert-demonstration as the final-phase of this grand-event!?!

EXAMPLE/MOCK-ITINERARY of IMAGINARY Axe-Fest 2013 - Northeast U.S: Rent a hotel conference-room from 2:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. (...Sunday for less gig-conflict.)

2:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. - Meet & Greet; Coffee/Cocktail-Hour (Fractal Users & Attendees talk-shop, etc.)
3:15 P.M. to 5:45 P.M. - Rig-Demos (AMP&CAB Djent/Metal; FRFR Rock-Pop; AMP&CAB Blues; FRFR Fusion; FRFR-to-DAW; FRFR AKU-Gtr, FRFR-Bass.)
6:00 P.M. to 7:30 P.M. - Guthrie Govan (...or some other available impressive Axe-FX II artist demonstrator I.E: Tom Quayle, Pete Thorn, etc.)
7:30 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. - Goodbyes, etc.
8:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. - Cleanup & Gear Load-out.

P.S. ...It sure sounds good on paper, but I realize there is a LOT of work in such an undertaking. That is why I again applaud the West-Coast Users who are making it happen: cobbler, ratsgym, and kerrlehr! Thumbs way-up to you guys!!!

Bill

Last edited:
I can definitely attend, and can bring my Axe II, Electrovoice ELX112P, and a few guitars (Charvel San Dimas, LTD Kamikaze with Screamin Demon). I don't have much to offer as far as Axe knowhow, but will do whatever I can to help. Would be awesome to have Mark Day and Pete Thorn attend, if availability permits, since they are local to the area. Would love to meet them, in addition to Cliff and Matt :) I might be able to arrange bringing a "real" amp or two (like an EVH 5153 50w) in case we wanted to try a live tone matching session

Looks like I'm coming to SoCal in October. Where's the thumbs-up smilie here? (Isn't one, borrowed from TGP!):
AOK.gif
:D

Hi NJBengals85,

First of all, kudos to those users (cobbler, ratsgym, and kerrlehr) who thought of this "Axe-Fest 2012 - North Hollywood" Event and are acting upon it...I think it's a fantastic idea for those who can attend!

This is a great idea, and I wish all of the left-coast guys the best-of-luck in pulling it off...It should be a very cool event: Informative, interesting, inspiring, fun, etc!

Now if we could perhaps get something similar going on the East-Coast (Northeast preferrably as far as I'm concerned - LOL!) Think about it...We could learn a thing or two about what works well and what might not work quite so well with the West-Coast/North-Hollywood version of the F.A.S. Gathering/Demonstration and perhaps improve upon such an event. We'd already have the logistical/demographical-advantage of Fractal Audio Systems Headquarters being in Southern New Hampshire, so a Boston-Area event could be conveneient for those employees who commute to Fractal Headquarters... As a Massachusetts resident and Axe-FX II owner, I've noticed many users here on the Forum who are from MA, NJ, NY, NH, RI, CT. All of these states are within zero-to-five hours away via car...

Now here's my "pipe-dream" portion of the idea: I've noticed that for at least 3 out of the last 4 years (almost without fail) Guthrie Govan seems to follow-up his annual-pilgramage to the Winter NAMM-show in Anaheim, CA (usually the 3rd weekend of January each year) with a Northeast-US pit-stop (logically in the last week of January each year!) for clinics and/or concerts in New York and Boston (where I've seen him 3-times!) so wouldn't that just be the "bee's-knees" if we could coordinate a Guthrie Govan Clinic and/or concert-demonstration as the final-phase of this grand-event!?!

EXAMPLE/MOCK-ITINERARY of IMAGINARY Axe-Fest 2012 - Northeast U.S: Rent a hotel conference-room from 2:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. (...Sunday for less gig-conflict.)

2:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. - Meet & Greet; Coffee/Cocktail-Hour (Fractal Users & Attendees talk-shop, etc.)
3:15 P.M. to 5:45 P.M. - Rig-Demos (AMP&CAB Djent/Metal; FRFR Rock-Pop; AMP&CAB Blues; FRFR Fusion; FRFR-to-DAW; FRFR AKU-Gtr, FRFR-Bass.)
6:00 P.M. to 7:30 P.M. - Guthrie Govan (...or some other available impressive Axe-FX II artist demonstrator I.E: Tom Quayle, Pete Thorn, etc.)
7:30 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. - Goodbyes, etc.
8:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. - Cleanup & Gear Load-out.

P.S. ...It sure sounds good on paper, but I realize there is a LOT of work in such an undertaking. That is why I again applaud the West-Coast Users who are making it happen: cobbler, ratsgym, and kerrlehr! Thumbs way-up to you guys!!!

Bill

That would be awesome. The NY amp show this past June was held in Secaucus, NJ so that could be a potential location. I am seriously jealous of the SoCal group! I could use a few 1000 Axe tips (not that I don't get that many on the forum) but there is nothing like seeing and hearing it in person.

N E W I N F O R M A T I O N - P L E A S E R E V I E W
UPDATE - AXE-FEST '12 - NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA
- A FRACTAL AUDIO SYSTEMS APPROVED EVENT - PLAN TO ATTEND IF POSSIBLE - KEEP THIS WEEKEND CLEAR
AXE-FEST 2012 - North Hollywood, CA
SATURDAY OCTOBER 6th
~ 4:00pm - 12:00am....

Special Guests Cliff and Matt will share their Axe wisdom
Presentations by FAS Forum Leaders Confirmed to date:
Scott Peterson is flying in From Michigan and will be doing a Workshop on "Taming The Monster" and more!

and Performances by: Special guest Musicians !! YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THIS
TIME T.B.D. ~ WE WILL CONFIRM ASAP

WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING "SPECIAL GUESTS", WORKSHOPS & JAM SESSIONS ONCE THE SPECIFICS ARE FORMALIZED.

** NON-AXE-FX II OWNERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND AS WELL! **

COBBLER, RATSGYM & KERRLEHR WILL BE YOUR VOLUNTEER FORUM EVENT LIAISONS - 8)
~CARPOOLING IS ENCOURAGED FOR THOSE TRAVELING FROM OUTLYING AREAS~
STAY TUNED FOR MORE EVENT INFORMATION
AND RSVP INFORMATION

THX FAS!!

Last edited:
When are we going to be told where the event will be held?

We're looking at sites now probably in North Hollywood. It really depends on how many people are coming. We have the Date and Time so I would say in a week or so we should know.We need whoever is going to attend get your name in with shirt size. For a little get together this has certainly turned into an annual event I hope. We are certainly having fun.

Looks like I will be exhibiting a dual Matrix CFR12 FRFR system at the show for those who are curious!!

From Matrix -

Hi Kerry,

Thank you for your Order and prompt payment for 2 x CFR12,
we will confirm shipping details shortly.

Kind regards,

Pamela

We're looking at sites now probably in North Hollywood. It really depends on how many people are coming. We have the Date and Time so I would say in a week or so we should know.We need whoever is going to attend get your name in with shirt size. For a little get together this has certainly turned into an annual event I hope. We are certainly having fun.

This becoming an annual event would rock!

Who do I PM my name and shirt size?

If you live near the Event area and are available to volunteer for the Event, Please PM. I am sure that we could use a few more hands.

Back
Top Bottom