SoCal Axe Users Meeting?

We are trying to get close to a date probably early Oct. It depends on if we can get some special guests or not. Will keep everyone informed.

Anything anyone can do would be great. We are really looking forward to the great time we'll have. Did I mention Guitar Playing.

UPDATE - AXE-FEST '12 - NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA

N E W I N F O R M A T I O N - P L E A S E R E V I E W
UPDATE - AXE-FEST '12 - NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA
- A FRACTAL AUDIO SYSTEMS APPROVED EVENT - PLAN TO ATTEND IF POSSIBLE - KEEP THIS WEEKEND CLEAR

CONFIRMED for THE OCTOBER 5th (Friday Evening Open Jam Sessions) And AXE-FEST 2012 will be SATURDAY OCTOBER 6th with Workshops,
Special Guests Cliff and Matt will share their Axe wisdom ~ Presentations by FAS Forum Leaders and Performances by Special guest Musicians !! YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THIS
TIME T.B.D. ~ WE WILL CONFIRM ASAP

WE WILL BE ANNOUNCING "SPECIAL GUESTS", WORKSHOPS, JAM SESSIONS AND A WORLD CLASS HOST ONCE THE SPECIFICS ARE FORMALIZED.

** NON-AXE-FX II OWNERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND AS WELL! **

COBBLER, RATSGYM & KERRLEHR WILL BE YOUR VOLUNTEER FORUM EVENT LIAISONS - 8)
~CARPOOLING IS ENCOURAGED FOR THOSE TRAVELING FROM OUTLYING AREAS~
STAY TUNED FOR MORE EVENT INFORMATION
AND RSVP INFORMATION
THX FAS!!

Last edited:
SoCal AxeFest 2012

Ok guys, I will keep a list of possible attendees going forward. As kerrlehr & ratsgym have noted we are looking tentatively at the October 5/6/7/8 weekend. Of course shoring up a location and/or some key persons could affect the date. This is why we tossed out the the 5th and 8th as a possibility even though they don't fall on the weekend. Of course everything is subject to change but we have to start somewhere...

I have added those who have already displayed an interest in the thread. For those members and those who have yet to post could you follow a little template and supply the follow info:

1. What gear will you be bringing?
  2. Interests: What would you like to see or gain from such an event? Also, what would you like to share? This could be personal expertise, supporting apps, etc.
  3. Location you will be traveling from?
  4. Could you attend on a Friday or Monday? We are just feeling this out for flexibility in obtaining a location and/or guests.

Thanks everyone. Not only can we learn from each other but it will no doubt be a blast for all! Eventually once the date and location are determined we would like to get some kind of a confirmation if at all possible so we can better plan and make this a success for everyone.

Last edited:
I honestly have nothing of interest to bring. :razz I'm a lefty spaz but even then the guitars I own aren't even impressive and are in need of professional setup. I am however interested in the hot hand and the iPad axe edit app.

I'll probably bring a guitar. Jackson USA soloist. Curious about all related metal tones. Pink Floyd rotary tones. Just want to hear, share and learn...

Ok guys, I will keep a list of possible attendees going forward. As kerrlehr & ratsgym have noted we are looking tentatively at the October 5/6/7/8 weekend. Of course shoring up a location and/or some key persons could affect the date. This is why we tossed out the the 5th and 8th as a possibility even though they don't fall on the weekend. Of course everything is subject to change but we have to start somewhere...

I have added those who have already displayed an interest in the thread. For those members and those who have yet to post could you follow a little template and supply the follow info:

1. What gear will you be bringing?
  2. Interests: What would you like to see or gain from such an event? Also, what would you like to share? This could be personal expertise, supporting apps, etc.
  3. Location you will be traveling from?
  4. Could you attend on a Friday or Monday? We are just feeling this out for flexibility in obtaining a location and/or guests.

Thanks everyone. Not only can we learn from each other but it will no doubt be a blast for all! Eventually once the date and location are determined we would like to get some kind of a confirmation if at all possible so we can better plan and make this a success for everyone.

I can bring a guitar, Ibanez Rg3120 with Bill Lawrence L500xl and L500R. I can also bring an AxeFx 2 but that's only if we need more. I can also bring a crappy 10" monitor, but who wants that?
I'd like to gain more knowledge and experience from other AxeFx'ers and I guess put a face to the names of the forum members.
Friday evening is better for me. I can also attend the Saturday.

Thanks for putting this together.

Sounds great!

As for the quesions...

1. What gear should we bring? Guitars? AxeFX? Amplification?

2. A major interest of mine would be to arrange for a number of FRFR systems to be available to audition against each other. It's easy to get patches to share sounds, but near impossible to evaluate quality FRFR systems side-by-side. For example, RCF vs FBT Verve vs Matrix vs Atomic (old and Jaytomic, hopefully) vs QSC vs EV and so on. Maybe arrange for one person to furnish each type so you don't get duplicates. I can supply one or two FBT Verve 12ma at the moment, maybe others by the time the event rolls around depending on how impatient I get waiting for other options to arrive.:)

3. West side of LA (Culver City, to be precise.)

4. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I could attend any/all of those days. (Btw, Saturday is the 6th, not the 7th as stated in KerrLerr's post)

TT

Sounds great!

As for the quesions...

1. What gear should we bring? Guitars? AxeFX? Amplification?

2. A major interest of mine would be to arrange for a number of FRFR systems to be available to audition against each other. It's easy to get patches to share sounds, but near impossible to evaluate quality FRFR systems side-by-side. For example, RCF vs FBT Verve vs Matrix vs Atomic (old and Jaytomic, hopefully) vs QSC vs EV and so on. Maybe arrange for one person to furnish each type so you don't get duplicates. I can supply one or two FBT Verve 12ma at the moment, maybe others by the time the event rolls around depending on how impatient I get waiting for other options to arrive.:)

3. West side of LA (Culver City, to be precise.)

4. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I could attend any/all of those days. (Btw, Saturday is the 6th, not the 7th as stated in KerrLerr's post)

TT
I'll be bring 2 QSC K12's so I'll have that covered. This will be Sat. The 6th will post times later.

Back
Top Bottom