So, V14...

How about another Bass amp (or two) with each release?.. :) Love your work!

Thanks
Pauly

NOTE: This is a major firmware release which normally indicates the potential to alter the sounds of presets. However, in this case it will likely not alter the sounds of your presets EXCEPT if a preset uses any of the Recto models as the tone stacks have been completely reworked for these models (see below).

Various addition/fixes to support the Axe-Fx II XL.

My whole reason for maybe buy the upcoming XL will rest on Fractals re-engineering of the input-circutry.
I have never ever experienced that much audible change switching from one PU to another on my Strat after the last FW. Compared to the majority of tube-amps I have owned/played. And after trying all different line-drivers be it silicon or tubes with my former G-System set-up.
For me - going firstly raw guitar to input tell's so many things about how the further circuit's will adapt. You can't change tone that's not there just behind the input-jack.
I'm eagerly awaiting how the XL-frontend will respond - and the new firmware that I think will support it sonically over the edge.

I think you pick the wrong reason for buying the XL. The announcement only mentions lowered noise floor.

"The "Special Sauce III" uses a combination of things to get a lower noise floor. One of these things is new, premium Burr-Brown op-amps in the signal path which have extremely low noise and distortion (and are very expensive)."

I think you pick the wrong reason for buying the XL. The announcement only mentions lowered noise floor.

"The "Special Sauce III" uses a combination of things to get a lower noise floor. One of these things is new, premium Burr-Brown op-amps in the signal path which have extremely low noise and distortion (and are very expensive)."

I have had several Mark Levinson pre-amps and have followed BB through all the phases of linearity, noice-floor but especially the "only audible" advantages through the generations.

Trick me, if Phill is only focusing on noice and distortion spectrum analyzis......

More room for cab's is not my main focus. But I KNOW, that BB excelles in every part of intrinsical exploration on how to get a sound-engineer more aural happy. We are nearly reaching the boundaries of noice-floor's, suppressing spurious artefacts and keeping harmonics down to the abyss where even 30dB amplification don't harm.

This is about sonic handling of the guitar signal Yek. Nothing else!

looks good!

i am a little disappointed not to see some of the fx suggestions i made not make it in, like the 8 band delay, but this really caught my eye...

"2. Improved handling of modifiers on Loop Start and Loop End parameters......an external controller could be assigned to both Start and End simultaneously to allow sweeping over a playback region. "

i wasn't aware that modifiers could be attached to the start and end parameters, what about an internal controller? maybe a random lfo? or the sequencer? i'm thinking loop windowing here... :) if the start and end values are moved close to each other, then the loop will only play a small section. if that section is moving through, or around the loop, then you can get some pretty cool sounds...

it would also be really handy if the looper could go directly into "stack", just like it goes directly in "play" at the moment, so you could record and seamlessly start overdubbing with one footswitch

Last edited:
I don't get it ... what is "deutsch wilde" supposed to mean? o_O

mhh...
"deutsche Wilde" = wild germans
"deutscher Wilder" = wild german
"deutsches Wild" = german deer (I like this one ;D)
"deutsch wilde" = ??

Last edited:
Added Global Noisegate Offset parameter. This parameter allows offsetting the Noisegate threshold for all presets. This can be used to increase or decrease the threshold to compensate for varying interference levels. Note that if the Threshold parameter in the preset is set to “Off” the Global Offset will have no effect. NOTE: This parameter will default to -40 dB after installation of the firmware. Be sure to set to the desired value. The default value is 0 dB and is set to that upon System Reset.

Beside the other lovely updates (Looper ... wow... :) ) some questios to the global Noise Gate:

- Will this work similiar to the Global Effects Parameter? Means, we have the choice, if the threshold level per preset is affected by Global or not?
-
Note that if the Threshold parameter in the preset is set to “Off” the Global Offset will have no effect.
Is this aimed vice versa? Did the global Threshold setting also have a "OFF" value?

Last edited:
looks good!

i am a little disappointed not to see some of the fx suggestions i made not make it in, like the 8 band delay, but this really caught my eye...

"2. Improved handling of modifiers on Loop Start and Loop End parameters......an external controller could be assigned to both Start and End simultaneously to allow sweeping over a playback region. "

i wasn't aware that modifiers could be attached to the start and end parameters, what about an internal controller? maybe a random lfo? or the sequencer? i'm thinking loop windowing here... :) if the start and end values are moved close to each other, then the loop will only play a small section. if that section is moving through, or around the loop, then you can get some pretty cool sounds...

it would also be really handy if the looper could go directly into "stack", just like it goes directly in "play" at the moment, so you could record and seamlessly start overdubbing with one footswitch

Yup, they were implemented in v10.

I think it´s best to suggest these things to Adam, IIRC he´s onto looking into a few other things as well regarding the Looper block in near future.

Awesome.. rectos are my main thing, should be a good update.

Man I almost got wood when I read USA PRE.... then it was lead 2 red :/ still cool addition though.

Subliminal message to Cliff: "Must.. have... lead... 1... red recto board no fat mod, purty please" ;)

I don't get it ... what is "deutsch wilde" supposed to mean? o_O

mhh...
"deutsche Wilde" = wild germans
"deutscher Wilder" = wild german
"deutsches Wild" = german deer (I like this one ;D)
"deutsch wilde" = ??

Might be that he thought "Engl Savage" was an abbreviation for "english savage". Actually "Wild German" doesn't sound so bad at all :)

Back
Top Bottom