So, V14...

I am so in love with v13.07... I can't fathom *better*. Having 2 more scene controllers would convince me to move on.

NOTE: This is a major firmware release which normally indicates the potential to alter the sounds of presets. However, in this case it will likely not alter the sounds of your presets EXCEPT if a preset uses any of the Recto models as the tone stacks have been completely reworked for these models (see below).

Improved Looper as follows:
1. Improved handling of quantization. If recording is stopped early, the Looper will automatically continue recording until the next down beat rather than extend the length of the loop by adding silence. If recording is stopped late, the Looper will automatically start playback that far into the loop rather than waiting for the next downbeat. When play is stopped and re-started the Looper no longer waits for the Axe-FX II"s internal tempo downbeat. This makes it easier to resync up with an external tempo source when starting and stopping playback.
2. Improved handling of modifiers on Loop Start and Loop End parameters. Changing one of these values no longer alters the min/max of the other. So for example an external controller could be assigned to both Start and End simultaneously to allow sweeping over a playback region.
3. Added the ability to pre-select Reverse before recording. When recording is finished the loop will automatically start playing back in Reverse.
4. Changed Quantize parameter to have 4 values: OFF, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 to support quantizing to subdivisions of the quarter note.
5. Added new parameter "Record Beats". If set to a value > 0 and Quantize is turned it then the Looper will automatically record for the specified number of beats (unless stopped earlier by user).
6. Fixed a bug where using Undo and 1/2 speed could cause the unit to exceed maximum CPU.
7. Various internal efficiency improvements.

Added Global Noisegate Offset parameter. This parameter allows offsetting the Noisegate threshold for all presets. This can be used to increase or decrease the threshold to compensate for varying interference levels. Note that if the Threshold parameter in the preset is set to “Off” the Global Offset will have no effect. NOTE: This parameter will default to -40 dB after installation of the firmware. Be sure to set to the desired value. The default value is 0 dB and is set to that upon System Reset.

Improved Amp block triode model. New model more accurately replicates behavior when triode enters saturation. This results in a warmer and punchier tone with smoother distortion characteristics.

Improved tone stack accuracy at extreme knob settings (i.e. when Treble is near maximum) by accounting for impedance loading. In most cases this is barely audible but for certain tone stacks that are heavily loaded there may be a small change in tone, especially as the tone controls are set near their minimum or maximum values.

Added “Brit 800” tone stack type. This type is identical to a Plexi tone stack except for the load resistance. The default tone stack for the Brit 800 and Brit 800 Mod amp models is now set to this type.

Improved Recto models tone stack accuracy. The Recto models now use an exact digital replica of the unique tone control network used in those amps. Furthermore the Presence control now operates like the actual amp in all models (i.e. for those models where there is no negative feedback the Presence control is actually part of the tone stack). NOTE 1: The model may need to be reset by deselecting and reselecting the type in order to load the updated parameters. NOTE 2: If the power amp modeling is defeated the Presence control usually operates as a shelving filter with noon being neutral. For the Recto models where the Presence control is part of the tone stack this will not be the case. The Presence control will continue to act as it does when the power amp modeling is active since it is part of the preamp.

Due to the above, all Recto1 and Recto2 models have been re-MIMIC’d.

Added “Recto1 Org Mdrn” amp model based on the Orange channel of an original Dual Rectifier with the “Channel Cloning” switch set to “Org to Modern”. NOTE: Unlike the actual amp the Presence knob is effective in this model (in the actual amp the Presence knob has very little effect). When set to zero the Presence matches the actual amp at zero. When set to about 1.0 it matches the actual amp at full.

Added “FAS Brootalz” amp model. This model brings teh brootalz.

Added “Deutsch Wilde” amp models based on the Rough channel of an Engl Savage. Deutsch Wilde 2 models the contour switch depressed.

Added “USA Pre Red” amp model based on the Lead 2 Red mode of a Mesa Triaxis preamp.

Fixed UltraRes indication bit not being set for Axe-Edit.

Fixed unit pushing MIDI data to USB even after USB has been disconnected resulting in hang.

Fixed Metronome silent when switched on via MIDI CC until Tempo menu entered.

Fixed wrong capacitor value in Dirty Shirley model.

Various addition/fixes to support the Axe-Fx II XL.

jaw drop.................................... So happy to see benefits without major changes to most sounds. The stuff I am getting now is so good.

Wow.....awesome

BUT....... Still no HM-2 drive pedal, or improved muff and other fuzzes ? I'd gladly trade 10+ amp models for just one new drive pedal

Also, a dedicated Vibrotone rotary setting would be really nice, instead of all the Leslie controls, and since I'm asking/whining for stuff, improving the Univibe setting for a little more "throb" would be awesome for "Machine Gun"..... My Mojovibe pedal still can't quite be touched in that regard

-----

Added “Brit 800” tone stack type. This type is identical to a Plexi tone stack except for the load resistance. The default tone stack for the Brit 800 and Brit 800 Mod amp models is now set to this type.
has very little effect). When set to zero the Presence matches the actual amp at zero. When set to about 1.0 it matches the actual amp at full.

Thank you. While this model sounded good in it's own right, it never sounded the way I thought it *should*.

I see that the antibiotics have not completely cleared out the 'Harmony Central' creeping crud! But like to see your take on this for the 'I hate my dad' set!

Oh, and thank you.

Asking the questions that will come:

-Outside of this embarassment of riches, will we see any new UR IR's?
-Will the presets will be updated with some/any of the URes love?

R

NOTE: This is a major firmware release which normally indicates the potential to alter the sounds of presets. However, in this case it will likely not alter the sounds of your presets EXCEPT if a preset uses any of the Recto models as the tone stacks have been completely reworked for these models (see below).

Improved Looper as follows:
1. Improved handling of quantization. If recording is stopped early, the Looper will automatically continue recording until the next down beat rather than extend the length of the loop by adding silence. If recording is stopped late, the Looper will automatically start playback that far into the loop rather than waiting for the next downbeat. When play is stopped and re-started the Looper no longer waits for the Axe-FX II"s internal tempo downbeat. This makes it easier to resync up with an external tempo source when starting and stopping playback.
2. Improved handling of modifiers on Loop Start and Loop End parameters. Changing one of these values no longer alters the min/max of the other. So for example an external controller could be assigned to both Start and End simultaneously to allow sweeping over a playback region.
3. Added the ability to pre-select Reverse before recording. When recording is finished the loop will automatically start playing back in Reverse.
4. Changed Quantize parameter to have 4 values: OFF, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 to support quantizing to subdivisions of the quarter note.
5. Added new parameter "Record Beats". If set to a value > 0 and Quantize is turned it then the Looper will automatically record for the specified number of beats (unless stopped earlier by user).
6. Fixed a bug where using Undo and 1/2 speed could cause the unit to exceed maximum CPU.
7. Various internal efficiency improvements.

Added Global Noisegate Offset parameter. This parameter allows offsetting the Noisegate threshold for all presets. This can be used to increase or decrease the threshold to compensate for varying interference levels. Note that if the Threshold parameter in the preset is set to “Off” the Global Offset will have no effect. NOTE: This parameter will default to -40 dB after installation of the firmware. Be sure to set to the desired value. The default value is 0 dB and is set to that upon System Reset.

Improved Amp block triode model. New model more accurately replicates behavior when triode enters saturation. This results in a warmer and punchier tone with smoother distortion characteristics.

Improved tone stack accuracy at extreme knob settings (i.e. when Treble is near maximum) by accounting for impedance loading. In most cases this is barely audible but for certain tone stacks that are heavily loaded there may be a small change in tone, especially as the tone controls are set near their minimum or maximum values.

Improved Recto models tone stack accuracy. The Recto models now use an exact digital replica of the unique tone control network used in those amps. Furthermore the Presence control now operates like the actual amp in all models (i.e. for those models where there is no negative feedback the Presence control is actually part of the tone stack). NOTE 1: The model may need to be reset by deselecting and reselecting the type in order to load the updated parameters. NOTE 2: If the power amp modeling is defeated the Presence control usually operates as a shelving filter with noon being neutral. For the Recto models where the Presence control is part of the tone stack this will not be the case. The Presence control will continue to act as it does when the power amp modeling is active since it is part of the preamp.

Due to the above, all Recto1 and Recto2 models have been re-MIMIC’d.

Added “Recto1 Org Mdrn” amp model based on the Orange channel of an original Dual Rectifier with the “Channel Cloning” switch set to “Org to Modern”. NOTE: Unlike the actual amp the Presence knob is effective in this model (in the actual amp the Presence knob has very little effect). When set to zero the Presence matches the actual amp at zero. When set to about 1.0 it matches the actual amp at full.

Added “Deutsch Wilde” amp models based on the Rough channel of an Engl Savage. Deutsch Wilde 2 models the contour switch depressed.

Added “USA Pre Red” amp model based on the Lead 2 Red mode of a Mesa Triaxis preamp.

Fixed UltraRes indication bit not being set for Axe-Edit.

Fixed unit pushing MIDI data to USB even after USB has been disconnected resulting in hang.

Fixed Metronome silent when switched on via MIDI CC until Tempo menu entered.

Fixed wrong capacitor value in Dirty Shirley model.

Various addition/fixes to support the Axe-Fx II XL.

Feckin' hell! Do you ever stop? :D

How long has it been since the number to the right of the decimal point got beyond zero before the next major upgrade? :D

Wow high gainers rejoice! Thanks. What real world amp or band would teh brootalz approximate?

And the red lead 2 not one? Lead 1 is petruccis early sound

Hope my rectifiers like red modern aren't too diff. I've got some awesome presets dialed in!! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Asking the questions that will come:

-Outside of this embarassment of riches, will we see any new UR IR's?
-Will the presets will be updated with some/any of the URes love?

Seems like Cliff said that he was cleared to include 10 UR IR's from the upcoming Amp Factory set.

Back
Top Bottom