Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

Another version of my pedalboard :
- New labels DIY for BOSS Pedal
- Another organisation of Sukh's labels
- Optionnal Pedal expression

029r.JPG

Thanks!
Sam

The ultimate Mark I setup.

First we have the Race Case USA blowout 28" pedalboard that's on sale:

1/4 Inch Effects Pedal Board Cases Factory Seconds 28 Inch

chinapedalcasenovelcrodone2.jpg

I went to Home Depot and purchased a wire holder for the Cat 5 so any tugging on the wire does not present at the MFC jack. To ensure no one steps on any of the protruding jacks, I had the guy cut me a 17" long piece of 1"x3" (which makes it actually 2.5" tall) and screwed it to the case edge to create a higher ledge than the jacks to protect them.

78891A72-B846-44DF-BF0D-9B916D0B0782-38565-00002B40368170A9.jpg

05C989E7-3BAE-4C29-B531-2181CEC9C7AD-38565-00002B4045034AAF.jpg

222E6CB7-54DB-48BD-A715-0B8300465B41-38565-00002B4062CF40EB.jpg

1BCC682A-65A7-4C49-A300-16370CA8E760-38565-00002B405AEEE31F.jpg

BCF12815-89E7-47E3-AE7B-AB1E99CF9792-38565-00002B404BCBD2F8.jpg

So these are specifically for the MFC-101 per say? If so i'm definately going to buy one for myself! Let me know asap? :D

I like this layout

question -- how to you change presets?

Does Reveal give you the effect or does reveal give you the presets?

Another version of my pedalboard :
- New labels DIY for BOSS Pedal
- Another organisation of Sukh's labels
- Optionnal Pedal expression

029r.JPG

Thanks!
Sam

I use 10 presets (Size Bank 10 on MFC) with 5 scenes on each (+Tap Tempo +Boost)
and I use REVEAL when switched on the right preset.

REVEAL=Effects...but I use primarily scenes.

I use 10 presets (Size Bank 10 on MFC) with 5 scenes on each (+Tap Tempo +Boost)
and I use REVEAL when switched on the right preset.

REVEAL=Effects...but I use primarily scenes.

Hi Samho. Very clean. COUld you describe your 10 presets, and then what the Scenes do? I use five preset banks along the bottom, with four Scenes of increasing crunchiness.

I usually organize my presets for amp models.
Bank 1= preset 1-10 =Marshall
Bank 2= preset 11-20 = Mesa
Bank 3 = preset 21-30 = Fender
Bank 4 = preset 31-40 = Vox
Bank 5 = preset 41-50 = Acoustic
Bank 6 = preset 51-60 = Live 1
Bank 7 = preset 61-70 = Live 2
Etc.
This is an example but that's the idea.

I use a lot of Fremen's presets, because they are all very good!

Thanks Samho. That's a lot of presets! Are they mainly for recording? Are your banks 6 and 7 for live use? If that's the case, how are they organised, and how do do you use Scenes?

I just use a few amps and some lead sounds, just using a few presets and scenes, using the IAs effects to modify on the fly.

When I've got my new prog rock project up and running, I think I'll use one bank per song - but I haven't yet worked out how Scenes would fit into that. My thoughts so far are to have them as modifers for on the fly changes if required (each doing the same thing in each preset - eg more delay, widen the stereo picture etc).

My set up is here. The labels aren't exactly state of the art (especially as the looper IAs are also included), but like the whole unit, takes a battering and does the job:

Fremen's presets here. I use a lot of his (acoustic ==> Awesome!)

I organise my bank with amps name.
For live, I choose my favorite presets and I do that :

(with REVEAL OFF)
Switch 1&6 = clean
Switch 2&7 = crunch
Switch 3&8 = rythm
Switch 4&9 = lead
Switch 5&10 = acoustic/special effects

I generally use the scenes as follows:
Scene 1 : base sound
Scene 2 : variant1 of base sound (optionnal) ==> I like change the atmosphere with another reverb for example
Scene 3 : variant2 of base sound (optionnal)
Scene 4 : Add effect with expression pedal (1 or 2 or twice)
Scene 5 : All effects OFF (AMP+CAB only)

On each preset :
- 1 drive
- 1 wah (auto-engage always)
- 1 AMP X/Y (Y=more gain)
- 1 CAB X/Y (X=4x12", Y=1x12 or 2x12)
- 1 boost
- 1 tap tempo
- 1 tuner

When REVEAL is ON, I engage/disengage the other effects.

So these are specifically for the MFC-101 per say? If so i'm definately going to buy one for myself! Let me know asap? :D

I have one. It'll do the job for me, but it's very thin and not specifically for the MFC. If you really need a lot of protection, shop for something else.

Here's my new pedal board set-up. Not 100% complete but wanted to share. Inspired greatly by "Why360's" pedal board. (Not even close to being as neet and clean as his... ) Still some labeling to do. Loose cables running across the front are just guitar cable and Cat5 coming from Axe-II.

BIG thanks to "Why360" for his help in getting the componants and cabling needed for external switches and wiring them up. Also big thanks to Why360 and "Yek" for their help in getting them configured with my MFC.

Lots of programming to do.

20130513_213649_zps019b1d98.jpg

20130513_213704_zpsa6246821.jpg

20130513_213709_zpsed9c87b4.jpg

20130513_213720_zps7ac2ac61.jpg

Just got a MFC and am looking into configuring it with a pedal board. Great thread!

I've been through about 95% of the thread (whew) and am curious about the external switches some of you guys are using. I checked out the one Yek uses which if I remember correctly was a UK based company. And I've seen the DIY's. I have a few questions.

Is there a US mfg someone could recommend for a finished product?

Is there a parts list and a "how to" listed anywhere?

What phrase should I use to search? I've tried variations of "external switch, midi switch" and I'm not coming up with much.

Thanks for the reminder! I've emailed him for details but after much consideration as to the pedal board dimensions, I may not be able to use his. At first I was hoping to fit a MFC and two SP-1's on a 24x12 board. After realizing that it would be to tight (for my big feet), I decided on a 28x16 Trailer Trash board. Even at that width, I don't think it would work and I don't want to go any wider. Plus I have room to burn on the depth so a strip of 4 switches at the front of the MFC seems to be the best solution so far.

I have been meaning to do a short tutorial on a simple DIY external switch box, like the boxes I made for my board.

Its a pretty simple project. A drill and a soldering iron is basically all you need. I will try and post some instructions/parts required this week.

As far as US manufactured boxes....Mission has a couple of options available. I ran into a few options on ebay too but they all seemed pricey so I decided to make my own.

Its a pretty simple project. A drill and a soldering iron is basically all you need. I will try and post some instructions/parts required this week.

As far as US manufactured boxes....Mission has a couple of options available. I ran into a few options on ebay too but they all seemed pricey so I decided to make my own.

I'm to damned OCD to settle for something that just works and I have my sights set on a box like Yek's. I can't find a single long enclosure like that though so I may actually "settle" for two smaller ones end to end. As for switches and jacks, would you mind looking at these and tell me if I'm considering the correct parts? Well, more so the switch. SPST NO type.

Momentary SPST NO "Soft-Touch"

1/4 in. Stereo #12B

Last edited:
I totally understand where you are coming from. I bought all my parts from Pedal Parts Plus. They will paint enclosures to order so the end product comes out looking legit.

They have a few longer enclosures.
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PPP&Category_Code=ENC14

The links you listed above should fit the bill. I chose non soft touch switches to keep the feel uniform to the MFC but that's just personal preference.

Switches I used
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/m..._Code=PPP&Product_Code=9004&Category_Code=SWI

Jacks I used
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/m..._Code=PPP&Product_Code=6001&Category_Code=JAC

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom