Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

Problem I have it that while I could use an EXP on the right side, I'd do it with my left foot, which would mean I'm standing about a foot right of the board, and then to hit, say, footswitch one, I'd be have to either side step or make an awkward reach over to it with my left foot. I tend to stand with weight/balance on my right left, center right in the middle of the board, so then I can use my left foot to select patches, work the EXP on the left etc.

I tried the one on each side method and that just doesn't work as it requires me to either cross my left leg over to get to the right one, or side step over.

For those of you who do like one EXP on each side (yes I think it looks best too) do you use each with the same foot ?

If most of you are right footed, what do you do when your using the EXP on the left side of your MFC ?

MFC-101 with 2 x Boss FV-500H expression pedals. Right: Perma-volume, Left: Whatever it needs to do, currently just wah until I finish setting it all up.

The board is a Diago Showman which is excellent. Came with the velcro to stick it all in and lots of space. I could fit a third expression pedal in there if required.

John Dell'Isola executed my design for this perfectly, and he's willing to do more for those of you who'd like something similar. Check it out! It's a blueburst, and I had the cables made to length by Redco Audio cables. The MFC's have been modified so the toe switch works with the Switch1+2 jack. (Very easy to do, just disconnnect the green cable from the toe switch jack). The pedals are mounted to the board with screws into the rubber feet. The board also has a flight case (not pictured). John also made templates for the MFC, Ernie Ball, and Mission pedals, so he can lay them out accordingly. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

16236d1370869536-show-us-your-mfc-setups-post-your-pix-1005964_10151682681000681_537519160_n.jpg

16237d1370869537-show-us-your-mfc-setups-post-your-pix-970190_10151682681310681_2083472202_n.jpg

16238d1370869538-show-us-your-mfc-setups-post-your-pix-943079_10151682680765681_1821612549_n.jpg

1005964_10151682681000681_537519160_n.jpg
970190_10151682681310681_2083472202_n.jpg
943079_10151682680765681_1821612549_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing fancy here. It was a long wait, but I am so glad to have an MFC now. I didn't think I could love the Axe any more than I did, but the MFC takes it to a new level.

I play in a wedding / dance band and use about 60 presets, so I'm in preset mode. I have 10 switches in the bank for preset selection. The other 5, I have set as general IA switches and their function changes from patch to patch.

The Mission TT Pro is a great add-on for me. I use the expression knob for the Output 1 volume so that I don't use up a pedal on that. I need to adjust Output 1 progressively throughout the night as the people get drunker and the band gets louder (we frequently play without a sound engineer). The expression knob is perfect for this purpose. The switches on the TT Pro are my Volume Incr and Volume Decr.

The lone Mission switch is my GEQ Boost. I have one for almost every patch that I use to boost the mids and up the level by a few db for solos. Having the switch isolated saves me a lot of mistakes because I move a lot during a gig and I'm often racing back to my pedalboard to initiate my boost. If I had to go for a switch on the MFC, I'd frequently hit the wrong switch. With this isolated switch, that NEVER happens.

I use the Pedal Train Pro because the larger size helps keep drunk dancers from breaking my gear. The whole thing gets wrapped in plastic wrap for gigs. We haven't needed chicken wire yet, but it's only a matter of time :)

MFC-101.JPG

Last edited:
You'll like it. And one of the best things is that you won't accidentally hit it and wreck your Output 1 volume like I often did using a pedal.

Finally have my setup (mostly) mounted to a PedalTrain Pro. I ordered a couple of mounting plates for my two mission expression pedals and will be mounting those when I receive them. I have one of Roadrunner's extension modules on the left for four additional IA's. And of course, those are Stomplabels on the MFC.

MFC2.jpg

And here is the rack it controls:

Rack.jpg

Last edited:
Finally have my setup (mostly) mounted to a PedalTrain Pro. I ordered a couple of mounting plates for my two mission expression pedals and will be mounting those when I receive them. I have one of Roadrunner's extension modules on the left for four additional IA's. And of course, those are Stomplabels on the MFC.

MFC2.jpg

Can you please explain the switches in the lower right? Doesn't the extension block eat up you external switch allotment?

My money is on the FS controlling something else in his rack and is not wired to the MFC....

Yeah, the small footswitch is for the vocal processor. Don't need to do as much with that so I just use it for basic stuff.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forum Runner

If I may answer, it will!
The sizing and curves of the EXT is identical to the MFC.
There is one of the forum members that has the EXT and it is with Sascha cool labels.
Looks amazing.
I will ask the guy for his permission to upload the setup pic to this thread so you can see.

Sascha - will the stomplabels fit the MFC extension switches made by Roadrunner??

Thanks!

I know Roadrunner already answered, but yes, since snapping the photo of my board I've moved my scene 5-8 labels over to his extension switch and they fit perfectly. Nice to have full access to all 8 scenes now without using the reveal button.

Wow !
What's the color of this Mission SP-1?

Got my parts in from Pedal Parts Plus (quick and cheap). Built the pedal in an hour or less. As I mentioned in a previous post I liked the way Yek's pedal was built but put my own spin on it. In the end I didn't care for the enclosure that I bought. It's tapered towards the top and the over all height is to tall. I'm ordering two lower profile enclosures to take its place.

Got my Trailer Trash hard top in along with my Mission SP 1 pedals (bare metal finish). I have to say that I was majorly impressed with the Trailer Trash board. Extremely light weight and solid. I ordered it in black but decided to give it the brushed metal look so I started sanding. Damn powder coating. That stuff is tough.

Reassembled the TT board after sanding, mounted everything and wired. I almost disassembled my MFC to sand it as well but decided that was more work than I wanted to do today. I couldn't find longer screws to mount the MFC so I recessed the board and used big washers for added support. I was hoping I could still use the feet but no go.

I'm stoked with the new setup!

View attachment 16092

View attachment 16093

View attachment 16094

Back
Top Bottom