Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

I got creative with some magnetic printer paper.

2mhx3iu.jpg

mfc_zpsa21fa80a.jpg

From left to right:
Master output volume pedal
Wah Pedal set to auto engage
MFC
external switches: Boost on/off, Boost on when pressed, scene up, scene down
Volume pedal pre amp block for swells. When using my EBMM JPX, heel is piezo through a preset with the fishman spectrum aura in the fx loop, toe is magnetic pickups in a paralell chain.
Polytune
AB switcher set for two guitars into one input. Used as a kill-switch when playing with only one guitar.

The homemade snake contains the Ethercon cable, power for the polytune and the guitar cable from the polytune to the AxeFXII.

mfc_zpsa21fa80a.jpg

From left to right:
Master output volume pedal
Wah Pedal set to auto engage
MFC
external switches: Boost on/off, Boost on when pressed, scene up, scene down
Volume pedal pre amp block for swells. When using my EBMM JPX, heel is piezo through a preset with the fishman spectrum aura in the fx loop, toe is magnetic pickups in a paralell chain.
Polytune
AB switcher set for two guitars into one input. Used as a kill-switch when playing with only one guitar.

The homemade snake contains the Ethercon cable, power for the polytune and the guitar cable from the polytune to the AxeFXII.

Looks good! What kind of case is that? I was thinking of using 4 expression pedals and this may possibly work.

Looks good! What kind of case is that? I was thinking of using 4 expression pedals and this may possibly work.

The case (and my shock mount rack) is made my Gäng Case Homepage. It`s a Germany company, so it might not be the best solution for you :(
But they make great stuff and I`m very happy with my pedal board. I will probably replace the A/B switcher with a forth expression pedal some time in the future:)
The lid is padded:
IMG_4487_zps2cce387e.jpg

and the board itself can be removed from the case:

701a1897-56cc-4dd0-a636-12814e11302c_zps35ebe7ff.jpg

The case (and my shock mount rack) is made my Gäng Case Homepage. It`s a Germany company, so it might not be the best solution for you :(
But they make great stuff and I`m very happy with my pedal board. I will probably replace the A/B switcher with a forth expression pedal some time in the future:)
The lid is padded:
IMG_4487_zps2cce387e.jpg

and the board itself can be removed from the case:

701a1897-56cc-4dd0-a636-12814e11302c_zps35ebe7ff.jpg

Thanks for the link and extra photos! That thing looks huge but I imagine it's not much bigger than a guitar case.

Here is mine. Very simple setup.

Using a TrailerTrash 24 x 16 Board

file_zpsf773f264.jpg

Man, the perfect board (for me) would be this, plus enough room for 1 more Mission pedal. That's essentially what I cut out of plywood and what fits in my heavy-as-hell flight case. But this size + 6" on the width, in a soft case, to cut the weight...sigh...

Man, the perfect board (for me) would be this, plus enough room for 1 more Mission pedal. That's essentially what I cut out of plywood and what fits in my heavy-as-hell flight case. But this size + 6" on the width, in a soft case, to cut the weight...sigh...

Yep they sell 28 x 16 and 30 x16 -- I think another 4 inches and I should be able to get my volume block pedal in (currently I have a 24 x12). They are not expensive. A 28 x16 board is only $75 a 30 x 16 is $85 (of course without the ATA case).

I plan on buying another -- just need to find a soft case big enough to carry it. I don't want a heavy ATA case - all my gigs are local.

Last edited:
Yep they sell 28 x 16 and 30 x16 -- I think another 4 inches and I should be able to get my volume block pedal in (currently I have a 24 x16). They are not expensive. A 28 x16 board is only $75 a 30 x 16 is $85 (of course without the ATA case).

I plan on buying another -- just need to find a soft case big enough to carry it. I don't want a heavy ATA case - all my gigs are local.

Yea, the flight case on mine is killing me. It's a super old, box-style case that's been through hell and back again. The problem, for me, really isn't finding a board. It's finding a board and light enough case.

I'm considering going with a PedalTrain pro (which has way more space on it than I need, but is light) and a Mono case. We'll see....

Yea, the flight case on mine is killing me. It's a super old, box-style case that's been through hell and back again. The problem, for me, really isn't finding a board. It's finding a board and light enough case.

I'm considering going with a PedalTrain pro (which has way more space on it than I need, but is light) and a Mono case. We'll see....

I've just bought a Pedaltrain 2 and a mono case for my MFC. Makes such a difference from my full flightcased G-System! Seemed a no brainer as my goal is to get "the rig" as light as possible without sacrificing too much protection.

Reactions: LVC
I've just bought a Pedaltrain 2 and a mono case for my MFC. Makes such a difference from my full flightcased G-System! Seemed a no brainer as my goal is to get "the rig" as light as possible without sacrificing too much protection.

How many expression pedals can you fit on the PedalTrain 2? I seem to recall I could only get one on it. I need two.

I had incorrectly posted the size of the TT board as 24x16 -- it is actually 24x12

I am using a pedaltrain 2 with monocase (great case) and it holds 1 Mission expression pedal. For my weekly gig the SP-1 works well doing Volume and the occasional wah, reverb, delay feedback or other mod based on the preset I have programmed for the particular song.

Seems like most people are putting their EXP pedals on the right side. I'm curious how many are right handed players ?

I'm right handed, however, I always prefer to use my left foot, to kick a ball, use a wah pedal etc, so I'm planning on putting my EXP's on the left side.

More than that though, I just find that when I'm standing and playing, with a guitar slung low so that its against my right thigh, I feel it rather gets in the way of using my right leg a bit.

Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

I first was putting the EXP's on the right, as that is what I've always seen done, but somehow the left side just feels far more natural

I'm right-handed as well (therefore right-footed??) and I'm with you. I wear my guitar high like a nerd too, so it's not slung low hitting my right thigh to where it gets in the way "if" I were to use my right foot for the EXP.

I usually have my left foot up on a wedge monitor when I'm jamming and my single-effect board is right below me. I can swing back off the wedge and hit a pedal or EXP with no issues. I'm OCD enough to try the pedal on each side. I'd probably have the EXP volume on the left and the EXP wah on the right only because I mute (heel down on volume) after every song and long guitar breaks in a song. And I don't use the wah on every song, but do use the volume pedal A LOT! I'll even rest my left foot on my volume pedal (toe up) while playing and not every realize it. It's just what I've been used to doing for years.

I don't have an MFC yet, but I'll be trying one on each side and both on the left side while building my board.

I'm right-handed as well (therefore right-footed??) and I'm with you. I wear my guitar high like a nerd too, so it's not slung low hitting my right thigh to where it gets in the way "if" I were to use my right foot for the EXP.

I usually have my left foot up on a wedge monitor when I'm jamming and my single-effect board is right below me. I can swing back off the wedge and hit a pedal or EXP with no issues. I'm OCD enough to try the pedal on each side. I'd probably have the EXP volume on the left and the EXP wah on the right only because I mute (heel down on volume) after every song and long guitar breaks in a song. And I don't use the wah on every song, but do use the volume pedal A LOT! I'll even rest my left foot on my volume pedal (toe up) while playing and not every realize it. It's just what I've been used to doing for years.

I don't have an MFC yet, but I'll be trying one on each side and both on the left side while building my board.
I have my expression pedal left, being the "main tap foot" as a right hander....

Back
Top Bottom