Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

Thanks very much. I use one case. Here are a some pictures of the case. This one of the really nice features. All my cables and my boards all in one place.

IMG_1447_zpscc864379.jpg
IMG_1448_zpsed660899.jpg
IMG_1449_zpsb8b57703.jpg
IMG_1450_zps1ac0adf0.jpg

NICE!!!

What brand of switches for scenes? Or are those home made?

NICE!!!

What brand of switches for scenes? Or are those home made?

Yes the switches are home made. I ordered all the parts from pedal parts plus online. They will paint the enclosure for you and they have a wide variety of colors to choose from.

413MFC101_zpsa7a3799d.jpg

Sadly I think I'm going to need another expression pedal - for volume. (The "swells" provided by Cliff aren't quite enough after all). This will require further thought with packing the MFC flight case, and although I may velcro it to the left hand side of the MFC, isn't going to be as handy as on the Pedaltrain... The existing two are for wah/whammy and modulation stuff - like increasing the feedback and time of delays, deplth of chorus's, mixes etc. The switches on the right are used for momentary turning on Tuner (for on-off effect), and something else momentary when I can think of it.

The Polytuner started off as a gimmick, but has changed my life. Total tuning during songs with no probs.... (I'm the singer...)

Last edited:
Below is my rig. The MFC is on a NYpedalboards board with two Boss expression pedals. The rack is a Furman power supply, Axe FX II and a Matrix 1000 power amp. Sitting on top of the rack secured via dual lock is my Shure wireless receiver. I take it down and stow it inside the rack on another piece of dual lock when I travel to/from gigs. I use my standard 1960B Marshall cab. Sometimes I run two cabs depending on the size of the gig.

20130402_215253.jpg

20130307_064308.jpg

20130307_064253.jpg

Trying to get a feel for how I will use the MFC if they ever come available again. In a setup like this, I don't see any switches allocated to preset selection. How does preset selection work? Thanks.
My setup looks very similar. I generally only use five presets over the course of three plus hour shows. I use the up/down switches to change presets 1 thru 5. All of the other switches switch scenes or effects.

Pretty simple actually: Scenes!!

99% of the time I am using one preset that contains most of the effects I use. I have that preset setup with 5 different scenes. I copy that preset to another preset when I need a different effect block layout (like maybe a whammy effect or a different type of delay and chorus sound ,etc) for a specific song. On this new preset, I rebuild my scenes. I name the preset based on the song. So while playing live, I use the up/down button to select my preset. Then I hit the reveal button to put that preset into scene mode....play the song and use scenes to change my effects. One I'm done with the song I can either remain in that preset or click reveal again, then use up/down to pick a different preset.

I am able to play everything I play with less than 10 customized presets.

As a side note, I take advantage of the global amp and effect blocks so that if I decide to for example tweak my core amp tone, or change the eq block I use for solo boost, ALL of my presets are updated at once to the reflect this change. So I have "scratch patch" setup on which I do all my tweaking and testing of tones and so forth.

My MFC-101 pedalboard project with 2 Boss FV-500's:

inspired by user Samho ( Post #347), and loving the Axe, and MFC, tried a number of expression pedals and really liked the Boss pedals the best, so decided to go full on and make a pedalboard.

I bought a Pedaltrain 2 with hard case used off Craigslist after measuring that the MFC and 2 Boss pedals would juuuuuuust fit:
Pedaltrain

I didn't like how the Pedaltrain had an angle to it, I felt that I didn't need the lift or angle, but the MFC and Boss pedals would fit with the pedaltrain upside down. So, I took out the 2 rubber feet on the low end of the board, and covered the bottom with the velcro:
View attachment 15420

The way the MFC attaches to the bottom of the board, I wouldn't need to remove the rubber feet off the bottom of the MFC at all. i have the pedaltrain board backwards as well, so the MFC #1-5 switches end rest against the pedalboard, so I used that as another point of contact for the velcro.

For the Boss pedals, I had to remove the rubber feet on the top of the base plate, then take the lower plate off, flip it upside down and leave the rubber feet inside the unit:
Toronto-20130404-02924 (Small).jpgToronto-20130404-02920 (Small).jpgToronto-20130404-02921 (Small).jpgToronto-20130404-02922 (Small).jpg
I then attached velcro to the base of the two pedals.

marked off where the velcro went, stuck everything on, and it's stuck on there perfectly! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask/pm me. I took great care to measure everything out, and it does fit perfectly in the road case as well.

One other thing -by having the pedaltrain board upside down, it fits PERFECTLY in the road case - when the pedaltrain board is used the proper way, the height of the MFC along with the height of the pedaltrain makes for a VERY tight closing on the road case.

Toronto-20130404-02942 (Small).jpgToronto-20130404-02940 (Small).jpgToronto-20130404-02941 (Small).jpg
Toronto-20130404-02939 (Small).jpg

That's an excellent bit of measuring DukeMcrae. I'd do the same, only after playing once on a stage that became damp with heavy dew with stomp boxes, the power supply shorted disastrously... So I prefer to keep the little feet and have that extra clearance - and pack the flight case carefully...

That's an excellent bit of measuring DukeMcrae. I'd do the same, only after playing once on a stage that became damp with heavy dew with stomp boxes, the power supply shorted disastrously... So I prefer to keep the little feet and have that extra clearance - and pack the flight case carefully...

Hugomack - I forgot to mention, as my very last step, I added 4 rubber feet on the bottom, carefully pre-drilled the holes, and screwed them on, so I do get that clearance off the stage so the beer can flow freely underneath.... :)

Well - that's covered all the bases!! I've in fact ordered one of those Boss pedals - I also have an EV-5 and an Ernie Ball; all different so I never get confused about what each one does. SO I will look again at you inversion idea. If only to git it all into the flight case!

Thanks for showing us how to do it.

My MFC-101 pedalboard project with 2 Boss FV-500's:

inspired by user Samho ( Post #347), and loving the Axe, and MFC, tried a number of expression pedals and really liked the Boss pedals the best, so decided to go full on and make a pedalboard.

That Looks perf

I bought a Pedaltrain 2 with hard case used off Craigslist after measuring that the MFC and 2 Boss pedals would juuuuuuust fit:
Pedaltrain

I didn't like how the Pedaltrain had an angle to it, I felt that I didn't need the lift or angle, but the MFC and Boss pedals would fit with the pedaltrain upside down. So, I took out the 2 rubber feet on the low end of the board, and covered the bottom with the velcro:
View attachment 15420

The way the MFC attaches to the bottom of the board, I wouldn't need to remove the rubber feet off the bottom of the MFC at all. i have the pedaltrain board backwards as well, so the MFC #1-5 switches end rest against the pedalboard, so I used that as another point of contact for the velcro.

For the Boss pedals, I had to remove the rubber feet on the top of the base plate, then take the lower plate off, flip it upside down and leave the rubber feet inside the unit:
View attachment 15426View attachment 15427View attachment 15428View attachment 15429
I then attached velcro to the base of the two pedals.

marked off where the velcro went, stuck everything on, and it's stuck on there perfectly! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask/pm me. I took great care to measure everything out, and it does fit perfectly in the road case as well.

One other thing -by having the pedaltrain board upside down, it fits PERFECTLY in the road case - when the pedaltrain board is used the proper way, the height of the MFC along with the height of the pedaltrain makes for a VERY tight closing on the road case.

View attachment 15423View attachment 15424View attachment 15425
View attachment 15422

That Looks realy Great AND clean , Good Job Man !
Cheers Sascha

Here is mine - I may upgrade to a bigger board to allow for more switching but this setup works for me.

I also have some pedalboardlabels on order! Thanks Sukh! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom