Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

Late to the party as I just got my MFC yesterday. Love it already though :)

I have two more expression pedals on the way so it's not quite finished yet. Don't know if I'll attach them to a board or not yet, I like having the option to move them around for different tasks.

My current setup (and favorite guitar at the moment -my YJM Strat, my PRS is getting jealous of how much I play it :) )
setup1.jpg

Love the Axe FX for it's effects, but can't let go of a couple of analogue pedals, the EH Microsynth, Phaser and Boss OC2 are in the effects loop and I switch them in and out on some patches. The Line Selector I only use when I'm teaching as a simple way to plug two guitars into the front input of the Axe, the rest of the time it's unused.

View attachment 23445

And today I thought it was time to replace the worn-out rug in my studio with something a bit fresher to show off my pedalboard :)
View attachment 23446

The sweep is short, so it's of no use as a Whammy or so.
For other tasks it's okay.
I'm glad it's not too short for volume, wah and such.

I'm always looking to shave off a pound or two, but I think I'll stick with my Ernie Ball for now. :)

I'm always looking to shave off a pound or two,

If weight is a concern consider the Roland EV5. I have one (shown above) as well as a Mission and I find I prefer it for some things, the sweep is longer than the mission and it feels more balanced. Much lighter too but still solidly made (mine is years old and still works great). I've ordered two more in fact and will hook them up next week.

Plus Steve Vai has one in his pedalboard (you can see it in Premier Guitars 'Rig Rundown' on Youtube).. and mentions that he uses it to control the whammy on his Axe FX.. so that's an endorsement from a star if that matters, lol :)

As of this morning, my most recent MFC setup.

BreadTooth's MFC pedal board with custom painted Mission expression pedals

Pedaltrain Pro
MFC-101 Mark III v3.06
V2 Kicktags
Mission Expression Pedals (3), custom finished in a clear coated metallic candy purple
SP-1 (two output jacks, one for the expression pedal and one for the switch) for Vol / Boost
EP-1 with spring for Wah / Wammy
EP-1 for Rate / Mix

Four (4) right angle TRS cables
30' EtherCon cable

MFC Mark III Layout:
Bank Size = 3

Row 4 : 2 IA switches - Tap/Tuner, MultiDelay
Row 3 : Presets 1-3 in current bank, 2 IA switches - Chorus, Delay
Row 2 : 5 IA switches - Drive, Harmony, Flanger, Phaser, Reverb
Row 1 : scene 1-5

This will most likely change by tomorrow....

heh

b9gJLDg.jpg

ON7zysG.jpg

VkmMRoM.jpg

photo 1 (1).jpg
photo 2.jpg
3333.jpg

Just added my Extension unit from Roadrunner this weekend. Has been a nice addition. Current main preset has 8 scenes and 4 amps. 2 amps per scene gradually getting dirtier.

Expression pedals 1. Purple one controls my Roland Gr-55 in my rack for synth and organ type stuff. I used to run the 55 through the FX loop but i've added an onstage monitor so i had to reroute it through Input 1 rear to be able to use output two. I have to have mixer blocks at the front of all my patches to prevent the 55 going through my signal path. You can tie it in with the reverb and looper at the end though so it ends up being pretty cool.

Pedal 2 (blue) - delay mix
Pedal 3 (red) - Boost. I'm just trying this out, but it's assigned to each of the 4 amps Boost function. It's just another way to get a quick solo option etc.

Extension unit : Top - Bottom = Rec, Play, Scene 7, Scene 1. The rec and play option works well, but the play button won't work unless you hold it down. Does anybody have a way for this to continue playing the loop? I don't loop a whole lot, so it's not a big hindrance.

The gaffer's tape has been a great option for me cause i'm a tweaker and the board changes alot. I save the tape if i switch the labels out so they're basically like the stomplabels, but just not as pretty. I'm not too pretty myself so that works out.

Keep on truckin!!!!!!1

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just added my Extension unit from Roadrunner this weekend. Has been a nice addition. Current main preset has 8 scenes and 4 amps. 2 amps per scene gradually getting dirtier.

Expression pedals 1. Purple one controls my Roland Gr-55 in my rack for synth and organ type stuff. I used to run the 55 through the FX loop but i've added an onstage monitor so i had to reroute it through Input 1 rear to be able to use output two. I have to have mixer blocks at the front of all my patches to prevent the 55 going through my signal path. You can tie it in with the reverb and looper at the end though so it ends up being pretty cool.

Pedal 2 (blue) - delay mix
Pedal 3 (red) - Boost. I'm just trying this out, but it's assigned to each of the 4 amps Boost function. It's just another way to get a quick solo option etc.

Extension unit : Top - Bottom = Rec, Play, Scene 7, Scene 1. The rec and play option works well, but the play button won't work unless you hold it down. Does anybody have a way for this to continue playing the loop? I don't loop a whole lot, so it's not a big hindrance.

The gaffer's tape has been a great option for me cause i'm a tweaker and the board changes alot. I save the tape if i switch the labels out so they're basically like the stomplabels, but just not as pretty. I'm not too pretty myself so that works out.

Keep on truckin!!!!!!1

Personally, I dig the labels. Kind of like flat black paint on a street rod. No 'fu-fu'. Just business! :)

The rec and play option works well, but the play button won't work unless you hold it down. Does anybody have a way for this to continue playing the loop? I don't loop a whole lot, so it's not a big hindrance.

Change the specific switch input on the MFC menu to TOGGLE instead of HARDWARE.
That should define the switch to act as a toggle and not momentary (the benefit of using momentary switches – they can set to both by programing).

Change the specific switch input on the MFC menu to TOGGLE instead of HARDWARE.
That should define the switch to act as a toggle and not momentary (the benefit of using momentary switches – they can set to both by programing).

I'll try it when I get home Ariel. Thanks man!!

As of this morning, my most recent MFC setup.

BreadTooth's MFC pedal board with custom painted Mission expression pedals

Pedaltrain Pro
MFC-101 Mark III v3.06
V2 Kicktags
Mission Expression Pedals (3), custom finished in a clear coated metallic candy purple
SP-1 (two output jacks, one for the expression pedal and one for the switch) for Vol / Boost
EP-1 with spring for Wah / Wammy
EP-1 for Rate / Mix

Four (4) right angle TRS cables
30' EtherCon cable

MFC Mark III Layout:
Bank Size = 3

Row 4 : 2 IA switches - Tap/Tuner, MultiDelay
Row 3 : Presets 1-3 in current bank, 2 IA switches - Chorus, Delay
Row 2 : 5 IA switches - Drive, Harmony, Flanger, Phaser, Reverb
Row 1 : scene 1-5

This will most likely change by tomorrow....

heh

b9gJLDg.jpg

ON7zysG.jpg

VkmMRoM.jpg

Wow - stunning! I'm going to have to find some purple inserts for my next batch of labels!

That is beautiful and has just raised the bar. Quick question re: your ethercon connection, I am having a real tough time sourcing locally so I am going through Fractal. Have you any thoughts on shielded vs. not. The price differential isnt great so I am leaning toward a 30' Ethercon9-xxx. Anyone else with any advice, its much appreciated.

That is beautiful and has just raised the bar. Quick question re: your ethercon connection, I am having a real tough time sourcing locally so I am going through Fractal. Have you any thoughts on shielded vs. not. The price differential isnt great so I am leaning toward a 30' Ethercon9-xxx. Anyone else with any advice, its much appreciated.

You want this: Fractal Audio

Back
Top Bottom