Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

I just got my mfc 101 set up.

I am using a Diago Showman pedaboard.

Diago PB03 Showman Pedalboard | GuitarCenter

It seems sturdy enough but I worry about the strength of the handle.

I have three expression pedals, an Sp-1 (metal) and two Ep-1 (green and red). Red Ep-1 is spring loaded.

Got the cables from Redco, custom lengths using Redco's 90 degree TRS connectors.

Redco HP3CR | Redco Audio

The 4 cables cost me $81.21 with shipping. If I were to redo it I would probably put the metal SP-1 first and use a shorter switch cable.

I tidied the cables up with a couple zip ties then I made a few little velcro strips and turned them into rings/coils, like rolling a piece of tape I only removed enough of the film on the back to stick the end to itself, and used those to hold the cables to the floor of the case but they aren't really needed.

The cables don't get in the way of anything because I'm using the FAS port on the far side. I really dig how clean the whole package is, i.e. one guitar cable in the input and an XLR for the MFC/ex-pedals.

Waiting for a set of magnetic labels to come in the mail to complete the package.

s0KMDWY.jpg

OnluoTE.jpg

I can tell you right now that the Diagos are not all they're cracked up to be. They're really nice looking, but my Tourman starting falling apart (beginning w the handle). The feet were attached w tiny screws and came right off and whenever I picked it up when it had the four pedals and MFC, the wood would flex like crazy. Not happy at all with that board overall. As much as it was too (about $200) it was really disappointing.

I can tell you right now that the Diagos are not all they're cracked up to be. They're really nice looking, but my Tourman starting falling apart (beginning w the handle). The feet were attached w tiny screws and came right off and whenever I picked it up when it had the four pedals and MFC, the wood would flex like crazy. Not happy at all with that board overall. As much as it was too (about $200) it was really disappointing.
Yeah I can definitely see the Tourman version having problems, especially if the handle is similar. It fits the MFC101 and three exp pretty much perfectly they even have a pic of the setup on their website.

I just got my mfc 101 set up.

I am using a Diago Showman pedaboard.

Diago PB03 Showman Pedalboard | GuitarCenter

It seems sturdy enough but I worry about the strength of the handle.

I have three expression pedals, an Sp-1 (metal) and two Ep-1 (green and red). Red Ep-1 is spring loaded.

Got the cables from Redco, custom lengths using Redco's 90 degree TRS connectors.

Redco HP3CR | Redco Audio

The 4 cables cost me $81.21 with shipping. If I were to redo it I would probably put the metal SP-1 first and use a shorter switch cable.

I tidied the cables up with a couple zip ties then I made a few little velcro strips and turned them into rings/coils, like rolling a piece of tape I only removed enough of the film on the back to stick the end to itself, and used those to hold the cables to the floor of the case but they aren't really needed.

The cables don't get in the way of anything because I'm using the FAS port on the far side. I really dig how clean the whole package is, i.e. one guitar cable in the input and an XLR for the MFC/ex-pedals.

Waiting for a set of magnetic labels to come in the mail to complete the package.

View attachment 24016

View attachment 24017

I've had my showman for over two years now. I never had one problem with it. Not the handle or the feet. It's extremely durable in my opinion. But then again I don't beat on my gear. I'm always careful with my stuff. I highly recommend the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is my brand new MFC with labels from GigWrx. The labels are a combination of stock and custom. I think they look really great and worth every penny, even though I think they are quite inexpensive. Bill is a great communicator and the service was outstanding: I am an idiot and did not send my custom images in the required resolution, so he simply fixed it for me! He also threw in an extra label since he was not sure if I made a mistake in my order. Plus, it turns out that we live close to each other, so we simply met half way and he handed them over in the dimly lit parking lot of a closed nightclub! I am sure we looked suspicious.

I cannot recommend them enough!

Here is my brand new MFC with labels from GigWrx. The labels are a combination of stock and custom. I think they look really great and worth every penny, even though I think they are quite inexpensive. Bill is a great communicator and the service was outstanding: I am an idiot and did not send my custom images in the required resolution, so he simply fixed it for me! He also threw in an extra label since he was not sure if I made a mistake in my order. Plus, it turns out that we live close to each other, so we simply met half way and he handed them over in the dimly lit parking lot of a closed nightclub! I am sure we looked suspicious.

Nice! GigWrx labels are top notch! Love the ones I already have and I am looking forward to ordering a new set when I decide what will work best for me since I don't really use many effects.. maybe replace them with scene controllers since I'm getting into scenes now. :D

This set was definitely one of my favs. Nice choices on the images. Thanks for the awesome post. The board looks great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! GigWrx labels are top notch! Love the ones I already have and I am looking forward to ordering a new set when I decide what will work best for me since I don't really use many effects.. maybe replace them with scene controllers since I'm getting into scenes now. :D

I think the scenes are great. I just set up 5 scenes (roughly main rhythm, slightly dirty, clean, some weird thing, lead) for each patch/song and get to work.

Thanks for the review, enjoyed working with you! Think the set turned out great. Thought the parking lot would have been better lit, lol.

And....thanks Chrismetal86 for the kind words. I just got Scenes on my board and redid some things too. Let us know when you're ready and we will put some new labels together for you!

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Heya

I just got an mfc yestedray and am mulling over how I want to set it up. The volume buttons are a good idea I hadnt thought of . are they linked to a volume pedal block or amp output or overall output ? do they work in set increments or hold down for a smooth taper ?

Thanks for the review, enjoyed working with you! Think the set turned out great. Thought the parking lot would have been better lit, lol.

And....thanks Chrismetal86 for the kind words. I just got Scenes on my board and redid some things too. Let us know when you're ready and we will put some new labels together for you!

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

yeah, that was sketchy...LOL. Thanks again and let's try to meet again at a well lit gig!

Heya

I just got an mfc yestedray and am mulling over how I want to set it up. The volume buttons are a good idea I hadnt thought of . are they linked to a volume pedal block or amp output or overall output ? do they work in set increments or hold down for a smooth taper ?

It adjusts in increments, no smooth taper. It is a simple way to level patches/scenes once you get them pretty close. I really think that it is a super practical way to adjust while playing... From the WIKI:

Preset level: using Vol Inc/Vol Dec to adjust the preset level while playing

There's a very convenient way to adjust the preset level on the fly (without manual editing): Volume Increment and Volume Decrement. These commands (their MIDI CCs are in the I/O menu) let you adjust the preset level in small steps while playing and the adjustments are saved automatically!
To make this work, assign these commands to switches on your foot controller. The MFC-101's current firmware has dedicated commands for this purpose.
Be aware that Vol Inc and Vol Dec only affect the signal through Output 1, not Output 2 (unless Copy Out 1 to Out 2 is enabled in I/O and the preset doesn't contain a FXL block). Also, they work per scene.

Those pedals look rad, BreadTooth. Did you order them from somewhere or have them painted yourself? They look similar to the Mission Re-Wah pedal, but I don't see any options for Candy Purple in any of the other pedals. Mind if I ask how you acquired them?

Thanks.

Those pedals look rad, BreadTooth. Did you order them from somewhere or have them painted yourself? They look similar to the Mission Re-Wah pedal, but I don't see any options for Candy Purple in any of the other pedals. Mind if I ask how you acquired them?

The short answer is I purchased directly from Mission Engineering.

The EP-1 & SP-1 are not available as standard in purple. This was a custom order, for which I purchased b-stock chassis.

The short answer is I purchased directly from Mission Engineering.

The EP-1 & SP-1 are not available as standard in purple. This was a custom order, for which I purchased b-stock chassis.

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming they were significantly pricier than the offered models?

Thanks for the reply. I'm assuming they were significantly pricier than the offered models?

Correct.
But, I *had* to have my set up this way. Black n Purple are two of my favorite colors.

Now I have three empty mission chassis, in near perfect condition if you know anyone who is interested in such things.

spring load EP-1 red chassis.
EP-1 black chassis
SP-1 (two output jacks, one for the expression pedal and one for the switch) gun metal grey chassis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom