Show Us Your FX8 Rig!

Hey guys...here's mine...couldn't be happier. Perfect! :)

T9PqeH.jpg
T9PqeH.jpg
Very cool! Nice pedal choices! The screen protector rules! (Sorry, I just get a kick out seeing the screen protector still on, I have no idea why, I'm just weird that way )

I was thinking the exact same thing
IMG_6574.jpg

It was hooked up to my computer. Really incredible effects unit, sounds very transparent and all of the effects are as good as most pedals , programming it is user friendly once you catch on. I definitely think I made the right choice selling my pedals and buying this unit. Still have a lot of setup left to go but its been pretty stress free.

How does the FX8 sound through the mesa Express plus?
I had 3 of the original Express models and loved them.. Was going to go the Quilter route but also was thinking about getting the Mesa

955d04c6882e1fc036f86f54dcd3b5ed.jpg

Just need to build a snake and pedalboard. Probably going to do Mogami 2931 snake and a Temple Duo 34... Or Trio 28. Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 29273

It was hooked up to my computer. Really incredible effects unit, sounds very transparent and all of the effects are as good as most pedals , programming it is user friendly once you catch on. I definitely think I made the right choice selling my pedals and buying this unit. Still have a lot of setup left to go but its been pretty stress free.
Is this the wireless FX8 model ?

I specifically went with this:

IMG_2765.JPG

So I could get away from this:

IMG_2763.JPG

What do some of you feel is lacking in the FX8 that warrants all of the extra pedals? I'm not criticizing. I'm just curious, as I've seen the FX8 part of some pretty big boards.

That's pretty much my dream rig. I have a Mark V arriving tomorrow on demo to go with my FX8.

I bet it sounds stellar

Yes. You will love it. I call it MIGHTY MOUSE! It packs lot of punch for a combo. Be patient dialing in setting. Treble & Bass have a lot of control. a little goes a long way. Forget how you setup other amps won't work with this one. Trust your ears not your eyes..

I'm new to the forum, so it seems appropriate that my first post is a rig shot. I'm actually running this in stereo with a Vox AC15 most of the time - both amps are set clean and I'm getting all my OD/Dirt sounds from the FX8.

Prior to getting the FX8 I was using a 12-15 pedal board that was a revolving door of "flavor of the week" pedals. Since getting the FX8 in June I haven't purchased a pedal and have reduced my gear forum time by 90%, which is giving me a lot more time to focus on playing....this is probably the most inspiring piece of gear I have ever played.

23490349113_eefaa38179_h.jpg

I'm new to the forum, so it seems appropriate that my first post is a rig shot. I'm actually running this in stereo with a Vox AC15 most of the time - both amps are set clean and I'm getting all my OD/Dirt sounds from the FX8.

Prior to getting the FX8 I was using a 12-15 pedal board that was a revolving door of "flavor of the week" pedals. Since getting the FX8 in June I haven't purchased a pedal and have reduced my gear forum time by 90%, which is giving me a lot more time to focus on playing....this is probably the most inspiring piece of gear I have ever played.

23490349113_eefaa38179_h.jpg
Awesome!

I know the feeling re: forums... I still pop into the pedals subforum on TGP, but quickly realise I'm happy and walk away. Really nice rig you have there! Welcome to the forum!

Nice! Where do you have the Koko Boost plugged in? Between guitar and FX8, after the FX8? Is it hitting the front of the amp or in the loop?

KOKO into front of amp. It has some kind of magic for me. Though I do battle some noise with it. I use the global gate and a gate at the end of my post effects to cleanup.

Back
Top Bottom