Fender washers and 1/2" screws I ended up using to attach the VP Jr's
View attachment 28407

The 3/4" screws I used to attached the FX8 to the LYT Pedalboard
View attachment 28408

View of the FX8 feet and LYT feet
View attachment 28409
View of the FX8 attached from the under side
View attachment 28410

The LYT board is meant to flex. The feet appear to be slightly above the ground. Note the feet are deforming a little, I'm thinking that this will act like a lock washer to help keep the screws from coming loose.
View attachment 28411

Under side with everything attached
View attachment 28412

Snake, power cord and guitar cable all attached. It's time to MAKE SOME NOISE!!
View attachment 28413
I shined a flashlight on the glow-in-the-dark tape and underexposed the image a little, so you can see how the labels stand out.
View attachment 28414

AND the finished product in normal, ambient light.
View attachment 28415
I'm happy to answer any questions, if anyone likes the setup and wants more info.

Bob DeLellis

Wow - great ! I LOVE the olive oil trick! I hate making templates!!

Yes, that is a great idea.

I'd probably caution against using olive oil though. EPDM rubber is a very popular material for these kinds of applications and it does not play well with oils. If those feet are made of EPDM rubber, then the olive oil cause severe damage (ranging from a slight hardening on up to bubbling, swelling, cracking, disintegration, et cetera).

A quick exposure probably isn't a big deal as long as you thoroughly wash those feet before putting them back in. But since water dries too quickly, maybe a "water-based personal lubricant" could work.

Agreed. And pretty much exactly what I'd envisioned in my mind for my own setup down to almost every detail. Looks like he's a few weeks ahead of me though. Really nice job.

The key to me is the thin flat profile of that board. I was thinking of cutting a piece of lexan or similar to size, but I'll definitely look into the LYT option

Yes, that is a great idea.

I'd probably caution against using olive oil though. EPDM rubber is a very popular material for these kinds of applications and it does not play well with oils. If those feet are made of EPDM rubber, then the olive oil cause severe damage (ranging from a slight hardening on up to bubbling, swelling, cracking, disintegration, et cetera).

A quick exposure probably isn't a big deal as long as you thoroughly wash those feet before putting them back in. But since water dries too quickly, maybe a "water-based personal lubricant" could work.

OK, NEXT time I'll save the olive oil and use pee pee. LOL The reality IS, I knew I just needed something viscous that would leave a ring on the paper. I could have used Crisco oil, but the olive oil bottle was open. I also thought about using WD-40, but I thought that would be too thin. Water might even work, but, again, I figured something thicker would be more likely to leave a ring, rather than just a soaked spot on the paper. The other reality IS, I don't think you NEED to put the feet back on. I did it primarily because I couldn't find 5/8" screws, which would probably be the perfect length. Also, I know I'm fickle. I may decide I want the AX8, instead, and sell the FX8. If I do, I want to put it back to stock and this keeps the feet with the unit. I'd be pretty surprised if the brief period of time the olive oil was on the rubber would do any damage. If it DOES, it's back to Home Depot or the Do It Center to look for replacement feet. The main thing this method did was to keep a rookie from turning the board into swiss cheese, or worse, ruining the board.

I could have used Crisco oil... I also thought about using WD-40...

Actually, I'd stay away from Crisco and WD-40 too. Really anything that is oil or hydrocarbon based.

But the truth is, I can't think of anything that would have done a better job of accomplishing the task at hand. Maybe wrap the feet in tape first? Toothpaste? Shampoo? I don't know. Oil just makes sense.

Again, not a big deal. Feet are easy to come by. I just threw my 2 cents in because it's rare that I get to talk about elastomers and hydrocarbons away from the office. :)

Agreed. And pretty much exactly what I'd envisioned in my mind for my own setup down to almost every detail. Looks like he's a few weeks ahead of me though. Really nice job.

The key to me is the thin flat profile of that board. I was thinking of cutting a piece of lexan or similar to size, but I'll definitely look into the LYT option
Our objective are the same. I would prefer that everything sit on the floor, but I also wanted the benefits of everything semi-permanently attached to a board. I think the polymer that Daniel uses in his LYT boards is a better option than Lexan. If you read his FAQs, the LYT boards flex, like bridges, buildings, etc. Isn't Lexan a very rigid and, therefore, brittle material? The LYT boards are not likely to crack, and it was VERY easy to drill thru the boards without fear of cracking or splitting it. I actually bought a 1/4" piece of plywood to make my own, but I think that is likely to splinter. The LYT board was only $65 plus shipping, so a little more than that $6.20 piece of plywood, buy a much better solution.

When I mounted my g system I put electricians tape on the board then pressed the screws on the bottom of the g system into the tape to leave indentations. then simply drill through.

I mounted my FX8 onto a Pedaltrain Pro using dual lock velcro - it's brilliant stuff. It's not coming off in a hurry.

Here are a couple updated pics of the rig. I'll also put a plug in for Lyte pedal boards. I've used them since getting my MFC. I like them because they are strong and light. My goal is portability and this rig fits the bill. Three pieces, nothing over 40lbs. Can't wait for the AX8!

I have a multitude of amps- I just have different patches for each amp- some using the effects loop, some without.
Currently a Two Rock Studio Pro Plus 35w combo is getting a lot of time.

12314705_1507684299531505_7075666499626411411_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom