Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Laying out my AX8 board finally

Nice!!! How do you like the JP95??? I'm a Petrucci fan myself and been GASing for one since it's announcement, but I want to know how well it goes with the AX8 in terms of tone sucking and if somehow clips the input signal when it's engaged, etc... I like the idea of having the JP95 instead of using the wah block, but wonder if the AX8 wah can mimic the JP95's settings (don't have any exp pedal with me ATM to try).

Nice setup, @David Brewster But be careful with that mic stand, particularly with a boom attached. Without some beefy and wide bracing underneath, it wouldn't take much force to tear something out.

I do love the clean look, though.

Nice!!! How do you like the JP95??? I'm a Petrucci fan myself and been GASing for one since it's announcement, but I want to know how well it goes with the AX8 in terms of tone sucking and if somehow clips the input signal when it's engaged, etc... I like the idea of having the JP95 instead of using the wah block, but wonder if the AX8 wah can mimic the JP95's settings (don't have any exp pedal with me ATM to try).

@AJ Vargas I like it and no tone suck at all that I can tell, when I 1st ran it it was clipping the input but with the trim pots inside it was easy to turn down the boost and fix that. I'm sure if needed I could get it close w the AX8 wah. To be honest the reason the JP and the Timeline made it onto this board was that I also had a MkV 25 and was putting together a mini rig, I ended up trading the MkV for a guitar as I didn't dig it that much and then got the AX8 so it all worked out in the end.

Last edited:
Went with the Temple Duo 24. Pics taken before the xlr was completely wired to the AX8, but I am using the module input on the side for power and xlr to the mixer. Mic stand mount is an aluminum flag pole holder that secures the stand nicely and folds down for easy storage (mounting systems is thrown together currently and i'm planning on developing a cleaner looking mount. View attachment 37493 View attachment 37494 View attachment 37495 View attachment 37496 Using a "mini boom" a the top (not pictured) that saves on weight, etc. The board as pictured fits in the Temple bag because the bag flexes, The lid would not close on a hard case with the same dimensions. The bag is not gonna protect much, if at all, and is basically only good for transport. Another bag/case would be needed if you are really concerned about protection.
That's a nice setup! We just built a new house and I think that's the same flooring we used. Is that bamboo?

Wired up by Ede Wright of Wright Tone Guitars. Analysis Plus cabling w/Humbuster wiring. Extra A/C outlet underneath if needed. Mission EP-25 Pro Aero expression. All of it rides in a Mono M80 Tour gigbag.
16113972_10154175286325849_9201523243046587643_n.jpg

Guitar -> AX8 -> Matrix GT800FX -> Mesa Compact Recto Cab. AX8 lives in a carry bag and is the only thing I take to gigs if I know there's going to be a decent PA and monitors. My band's bass player also runs his Sansamp into the unused side of the Matrix and into a Bass cab for smaller gigs and it sounds huge.

20170125_174419-jpg.37659

Attachments

• 20170125_174419.jpg
    20170125_174419.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 949
Is the Temple Duo 24 exactly 24" inside the orange side ridges or handles? I'm trying to decide if I can fit an Ax8 and 2 Dunlop Expression pedals on it. Temple website shows that width is 24.5" but I'm assuming that is maximum exterior dimensions.

Edit: The info is on their website but a little buried:
http://templeboards.com/pages/size-planner

At 23.2", it looks about 5/8" too narrow for the AX8 and 2 Dunlop Volume X pedals tight-packed.

Last edited:
SouthernShred, I'm going for a very similar setup (but the 34" board with room for more expression pedals in future).

How is the IEC power cable on back of AX8 fed through the holes underneath? Is it a stand-alone plug soldered/screwed to the wire after the wire was fed through? Or can you use that little power extender cord that TempleBoards sells?

SouthernShred, I'm going for a very similar setup (but the 34" board with room for more expression pedals in future).

How is the IEC power cable on back of AX8 fed through the holes underneath? Is it a stand-alone plug soldered/screwed to the wire after the wire was fed through? Or can you use that little power extender cord that TempleBoards sells?
In all cases, you'll have to cut and splice the power cable for the AX8 unless you modify a hole in the board itself to make it big enough for the socket end of the cable to pass through. If you use Temple's plug, you'll also need an adapter to get the nema plugs you need. I went with a much cheaper socket plug with a switch built in (direct fit in to Temple micro module slot) and hard wired the plug end of an extension cable directly to it.

In all cases, you'll have to cut and splice the power cable for the AX8 unless you modify a hole in the board itself to make it big enough for the socket end of the cable to pass through. If you use Temple's plug, you'll also need an adapter to get the nema plugs you need. I went with a much cheaper socket plug with a switch built in (direct fit in to Temple micro module slot) and hard wired the plug end of an extension cable directly to it.

Thanks man, this sounds like exactly what I want to do. I have plenty of old IEC C13 cables laying around from 20 years working IT jobs.

Do you have a link or part number for a switched/filtered IEC C14 receptacle that fits in the micro module slot of the Temple Audio board? I can find a few, but not sure if the dimensions match up to what fits in the board that I don't have my hands on yet. These look too big:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...cm_re=C14_switched-_-9SIA4SR1T51616-_-Product

Edit: I just found this that looks pretty darn close... Ax8 manual says <40W power consumption, so I'm thinking 1A x 250VAC is sufficient:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=FN9264-1-06

Anyone used one of these connectors to verify it fits the socket on side of Temple board?

Last edited:
Thanks man, this sounds like exactly what I want to do. I have plenty of old IEC C13 cables laying around from 20 years working IT jobs.

Do you have a link or part number for a switched/filtered IEC C14 receptacle that fits in the micro module slot of the Temple Audio board? I can find a few, but not sure if the dimensions match up to what fits in the board that I don't have my hands on yet. These look too big:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...cm_re=C14_switched-_-9SIA4SR1T51616-_-Product
Yeah, those are too big. I went with this one: Amazon product ASIN B00DJUIX7K It is unfiltered, but fits perfect. I guess I assumed that the AX8 is filtered already and I'm not running other effects, just my wireless unit off of it.

Been lurking this forum for a while and I guess now is the time for that formal introduction. Got my AX8 a couple of months ago and finally got around to building my board. So far it's great! I use it with a Yamaha DXR10 and the sounds are good! Thanks for great inspiration here on the site. Reading your experiences and seeing your rigs helped me take the step and actually order an AX8 - I look forward to really getting to know my new rig and learning more new things :)

What labels are those?

Back
Top Bottom