Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

How do you find the Mono bag for protection?

It is great. This is my second Mono pedalboard bag and I use Mono gigbags. I feel comfortable taking my board just about anywhere with this bag. Amazon had a sale on the one I bought for this, $149.

Can you fit a timeline & bigsky at the top?
View attachment 36129 View attachment 36130 View attachment 36131 I just updated mine. Big thanks to mrtheedge2U for answering some questions for me. Here's my TA Trio 28 board, and my Pelican Storm im2950 case. I Ordered the case with foam, removed 2 layers and viola! Perfect fit. I still need to get a custom length TRS cable for my expression pedal. But otherwise, she's done. (Well, for now)

As some of you may have saw, back in December (Dec 19), a fair amount of gear was stolen out of my garage. Through it all, the police were great to deal with. Some of the stuff was returned, a lot not. But, both my wife and I have our new pedal board setups now and are just waiting on some small final pieces before they're complete. But, here they are as they sit right now:
16487457_10154817246696276_5026692834762500607_o.jpg

Mine's missing my B7K, which I need more pedal mounts for (if you're unfamiliar with Temple board, check them out, they have a cool mounting system: templeboards.com) and power. Her's is missing pretty much just power.

SouthernShred, I'm going for a very similar setup (but the 34" board with room for more expression pedals in future).

How is the IEC power cable on back of AX8 fed through the holes underneath? Is it a stand-alone plug soldered/screwed to the wire after the wire was fed through? Or can you use that little power extender cord that TempleBoards sells?

Been using the Temple 34 for a while. Temple power under neath the board, my shop at work wired me a cable through the board. I have since changed out the H9 for a Big Sky, and remove the mini dunlop.

AX8Board.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
AX8Board.jpg

Is the Temple Duo 24 exactly 24" inside the orange side ridges or handles? I'm trying to decide if I can fit an Ax8 and 2 Dunlop Expression pedals on it. Temple website shows that width is 24.5" but I'm assuming that is maximum exterior dimensions.

Edit: The info is on their website but a little buried:
http://templeboards.com/pages/size-planner

At 23.2", it looks about 5/8" too narrow for the AX8 and 2 Dunlop Volume X pedals tight-packed.

It will fit but it is very tight. I had two on my Duo 24. I moved one Dunlop off and just one on the board now because I kept hitting both expression pedals at the same time. I just carry my Mission EP-1 and use it for wah and like it much better. It only takes a second to hook in with the Temple side TRS inputs. Plus with the soft case the EP-1 pedal fits in the zipper pouch for transport.

Been using the Temple 34 for a while. Temple power under neath the board, my shop at work wired me a cable through the board. I have since changed out the H9 for a Big Sky, and remove the mini dunlop.

AX8Board.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
AX8Board.jpg

Good looking board!. damn i didn't know that the EV-1 was that big..guess i didn't really pay attention. Longer than the ax8. I know they are great though, Looking forward to the smaller version.

It will fit but it is very tight. I had two on my Duo 24. I moved one Dunlop off and just one on the board now because I kept hitting both expression pedals at the same time. I just carry my Mission EP-1 and use it for wah and like it much better. It only takes a second to hook in with the Temple side TRS inputs. Plus with the soft case the EP-1 pedal fits in the zipper pouch for transport.

Thanks for feedback.. I was thinking one pedal on either side of AX8 to solve the issue of shoe hitting both pedals at once...

But today I finally pulled the trigger on Duo 34, sacrificing ultra-compactness for future expansion. We'll see how it goes!

image.jpeg Here's mine.

EBVPJR with the T1M buffer inside to deal with tone suck. I've never found a vp that I prefer the sweep of to this.

Fulltone Clyde, simply can't use any other wah, perfect sweep and perfect tone for my ears.

IMG_20170225_080444-1024x768.jpg
Thought I would show my load out
  • Board case with AX8 ready to case
  • Roller case with cables, guitar stands, in-ear system, vocal mic etc
  • Mic stand
  • Dual Mono (stereo) guitar bag with two PRS guitars
It's one trip from the car and a five minute setup

The interface is a The gigrig Cinco Cinco midi.
TRS both in and out !
I've got a DIY interface on my analog pedalboard, but its way to big for what I needed here ( ten ins and outs).
:p
Excellent piece of kit, do you run the xlrs into this box, as in do you run xlr to mono jacks

Back
Top Bottom