Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Here's mine!
Only 2 weeks old (hence why the plastic is still on).
Ready for live use first gig back for the year, end of January.
I might have to retire my Axe FX 2 XL+...............

Attachments

• 20170103_162325.jpg
    20170103_162325.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 204
Been lurking this forum for a while and I guess now is the time for that formal introduction. Got my AX8 a couple of months ago and finally got around to building my board. So far it's great! I use it with a Yamaha DXR10 and the sounds are good! Thanks for great inspiration here on the site. Reading your experiences and seeing your rigs helped me take the step and actually order an AX8 - I look forward to really getting to know my new rig and learning more new things :)

Attachments

• 15781055_10154800419178745_1863348916629368757_n.jpg
    15781055_10154800419178745_1863348916629368757_n.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 220
AXpedaltrain1.JPG
Instead of building a big heavy board(had em).I'm keeping the AX seperate from the peripherals. Had an old pedaltrain lying around. Aquired some shorter TRS right angle to straight expression cables, mounted along with my G10 wireless.
When it arrives, I will try to mount the small Yamaha UD-BT01 bluetooth to USB adapter to the underside. This will allow wireless editing using Fracpad on my I-pad. Thru a Xitone powered wedge.

Last edited:
@Rich5150 is that an ISO 5 power supply? I have one on the way to power a similar array of pedals and was wondering how well it worked with a higher draw pedal like the TimeLine.

@Rich5150 is that an ISO 5 power supply? I have one on the way to power a similar array of pedals and was wondering how well it worked with a higher draw pedal like the TimeLine.

@iaresee Its a Pedal Power Plus 2 actually, I was researching and decided to do the current doubler cables for the Timeline and the G50 so i know they get enough juice they are in 4/5 & 6/7 respectively. I had originally bought a Voodoo Labs Digital (and i still have it) but i didn't do enough research, I didn't know it didn't have the courtesy plug on it. Once my patch kit comes in tomorrow ill hook it all up and give it a run through.

Hi guys - new user here. Here's my board I built today, with my brand spanking new amazing Ax8. I already love it, and I cant wait to play this weekends gig. :D

ax8-1.jpg

ax8-2.jpg

(Edit: pics fixed)
Is this custom made pedal board? I have same rig and just put on floor. This looks great...

No board but light weight and reduced:
  • AX8
  • modded Mission EP-1 expression pedal
  • Matrix Q12A FRFR with amp stand
  • Magma Beatpack XL
IMG_3293.JPG

At the moment I mainly use it for home practice until I found out, how to set it up the best. So I'm still curious how the Q12A will cut through in band practice and live gigs:

IMG_3292.JPG

Mostly I practice via BeyerDynamic DT 770 PRO Headset. For recording I use a ZOOM TAC-2R thunderbolt interface into a MacBook Pro with Yamaha HS5 near field monitors.

I'm really looking forward to take this rig out to band practice and some of our few gigs...

Regards,
glombi

Is this custom made pedal board? I have same rig and just put on floor. This looks great...

Yup. I made it myself out of some cheap flight case wood scraps and a couple of other scraps of wood. If you're a bit handy, you could easily do it yourself - just buy some wood in a hardware store, and you can probably get the guys there to saw it out for you for a couple of bucks. The power supply and electrical connections are hidden under the shelf for the GR-55.

View attachment 37251
Instead of building a big heavy board(had em).I'm keeping the AX seperate from the peripherals. Had an old pedaltrain lying around. Aquired some shorter TRS right angle to straight expression cables, mounted along with my G10 wireless.
When it arrives, I will try to mount the small Yamaha UD-BT01 bluetooth to USB adapter to the underside. This will allow wireless editing using Fracpad on my I-pad. Thru a Xitone powered wedge.
I like the way you think, but I wonder if there's a way to do this and only have one connection at each end...?

Went with the Temple Duo 24. Pics taken before the xlr was completely wired to the AX8, but I am using the module input on the side for power and xlr to the mixer. Mic stand mount is an aluminum flag pole holder that secures the stand nicely and folds down for easy storage (mounting systems is thrown together currently and i'm planning on developing a cleaner looking mount. Brew 13.jpg Brew 12.jpg Brew 11.jpg Brew 10.jpg Using a "mini boom" a the top (not pictured) that saves on weight, etc. The board as pictured fits in the Temple bag because the bag flexes, The lid would not close on a hard case with the same dimensions. The bag is not gonna protect much, if at all, and is basically only good for transport. Another bag/case would be needed if you are really concerned about protection.

Back
Top Bottom