Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Toadfish, that is a lovely, compact, streamlined setup!

I'd love to get a clearer view of how you're handling power distro. Wall wart and all are truly a buttular pain.

Thank you!

If you look at the top left of the board, you'll see a black, unmarked, box above the G70.

Board%20wide_zps2xwvzoes.jpg

It's actually a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+ that I've put some black vinyl on (in fact, the material I used to make the previous gen labels out of!) and I use it to power the G70 (using 2 outputs of the PP2 to give it enough current) and use the courtesy outlet to power the AX8. I have a single IEC cable going from the PP2 to the AX8, so the only leads I have coming out of the whole board are 1 power cable (for the PP2) and the cables going to the 2 monitors, and that's it!

Nice and simple :)

Ah, so no wall wart at all. Two power runs to the G70 does confuse me a bit, though.

One more convenience outlet for a wedge, and I'd be covered.

What case are you using? It looks fairly light, which is nice. Any concerns with roadworthiness?

Ah, so no wall wart at all. Two power runs to the G70 does confuse me a bit, though.

One more convenience outlet for a wedge, and I'd be covered.

What case are you using? It looks fairly light, which is nice. Any concerns with roadworthiness?

Well. You could insert an extension lead into the courtesy outlet of the pp2 and run the ax8 and a wedge from that.

2 power leads to the g70 using a current doubling cable as the g70 requires 350-500ma, that's all.

Case is a diago showman. Not the strongest thing out there but has been fine for me and everything just fits!

Thanks for the juicy details, Sukh!

2 power leads to the g70 using a current doubling cable as the g70 requires 350-500ma, that's all.
Is that a proprietary Pedal Power thing?

Case is a diago showman. Not the strongest thing out there but has been fine for me and everything just fits!
"Just fits" is the magical theme. With a pedalboard and case, it's easy to get into all the size and weight that drew me to the AX8 to begin with. :)

Any power supply with isolated outputs is able to connect two outputs in parallel to deliver double the current at the same voltage. You can also connect two outputs in a serial connection which gives the same current at twice the voltage. Pedal Power makes cables that are ready for these kinds of connections.

The outputs of the power supply must be isolated for this to work.

Thanks, Smittefar. I can see combining them in series. I figured combining them in parallel could get ugly unless the voltages matched pretty closely.

What board and power supplies are you using?
It's a Diago Showman P03 and a "Quirky PPVJ2-BK01 Pivot Power Junior 2.0", it has big spaces between its 4 plugs so plenty of room for the wall worts. I only have 4 things that need power. The Mic Mechanic is raised up to make a little extra room for wires and let the XLRs go direct in (the walls of the board would be in the way otherwise where it is located).

I updated my pedalboard, I added a PSM900 underneath, with the antenna out the side. I have two options go straight out of Aviom into side stereo jack which gives me stereo into psm900 or I can switch to Mono on the PSM900 and go into mixmode and take a feed from output two of the AX8 into channel one of PSM900 and use a regular cable out of Aviom into side jack, to get a mono feed. Just got the PSM900 a couple days ago and works great and sounds great.

IMG_4290.JPG IMG_4297.JPG IMG_4291.JPG

@bishop5150 did you remove the rubber feet on the AX8 and use velcro to attach to the pedal train board? I bought a pedaltrain novo24 but am a little reluctant to put velcro on the bottom.

@bishop5150 did you remove the rubber feet on the AX8 and use velcro to attach to the pedal train board? I bought a pedaltrain novo24 but am a little reluctant to put velcro on the bottom.
Yes, Took off the rubber feet and used Velcro to attach it to the board.
What board is that (and how much does it weigh)?
It's the Pedaltrain NOVO 24. Not sure how much it weighs but it is very light.

I updated my pedalboard, I added a PSM900 underneath, with the antenna out the side. I have two options go straight out of Aviom into side stereo jack which gives me stereo into psm900 or I can switch to Mono on the PSM900 and go into mixmode and take a feed from output two of the AX8 into channel one of PSM900 and use a regular cable out of Aviom into side jack, to get a mono feed. Just got the PSM900 a couple days ago and works great and sounds great.

View attachment 31096 View attachment 31097 View attachment 31099

That's a cool add Scott, very slick attaching it under the board!

That's a cool add Scott, very slick attaching it under the board!
What's interesting is that the feet are the same size as the double lock velcro, so it's completely level. Using the heat gun makes the glue really soft and after applying ,the only way to get it off is a screwdriver in between the velcro strips. Really happy with this setup.

View attachment 31096 View attachment 31097 View attachment 31099

Looks good! I'm going to start calling your board "mission control".

Looks good! I'm going to start calling your board "mission control".

Yeah, I'm installing the kitchen sink and wet bar next week. Need to find a way to attach a composting toilet...;-)

The beauty of this rig is its three cables and an antenna to attach and that's it.

I have been stressed out the past few days, as I have to learn 14 songs for Good friday and Easter. They are kicking my butt, the main reason is a lot of them sound the same in the same keys. And they are all special songs, so you might play them once a year if that.

Back
Top Bottom