Setup recommendation? FM9 and two EV2s

To your point yes they could still cut to spec! Why they dont would be interesting to know.

Just out of curiosity I did some math based on all of their size offerings and If you look at all of the sizes they have available width and depth wise it works out to almost a total of two 4'x 8' sheets of steel! From a manufacturing side of things it appears to be pretty efficient with their use of that material!
My guess would be that maybe they buy the pieces already shaped and finished... So cutting would require finishing after cutting.

But it's only a guess.

Have you tried the Pedaltrain Jr Max?
I was looking for exactly the same solution, and the temple boards where either too big or too small.
I've now bought the pedaltrain, and it fits perfectly.

Schermafbeelding 2022-12-23 084818.jpg

I always mount my power supply and a wireless unit under the board. There is plenty of space left for that on the Jr max.

I also like the strip of extra space that is left on the top of that board, protects the cables a bit.
And I can always switch to bigger expression pedals if I'd like due to this. Two fractal EV1's also fit perfectly on the Jr max instead of the EV2.

Good luck with the search anyway :)!

You could always choose to go custom or resize an existing board.

BTPA makes a patch panel specific for the pedaltrain boards that mounts on the front riser opening. I've got one on my Classic board (sorry, no pics) and it works pretty well. 10 spots to wire up your FM9 to. I'm using mine for pedals at the moment, waiting on my FM9 invite. If I go with a PT board for the 9, this will get recycled!

Nice. Room for the wireless, too.

Tell me about those right-angle XLRs. They look like something Georg L might sell.
I bought mine from Cable Techniques ! Probably the same connectors that Redco is selling. They are well made and have a positive feel once inserted. Easy enough to solder up but you are limited to a smaller cable, 3.4mm-6.0m. they also sell but it is a little pricey. The end caps are held in place with tiny grub screws and include the right size allen wrench. They also give you zip ties to install on the cable for strain relief, effective but could be a weak point depending on the application.

I bought mine from Cable Techniques ! Probably the same connectors that Redco is selling. They are well made and have a positive feel once inserted. Easy enough to solder up but you are limited to a smaller cable, 3.4mm-6.0m. they also sell but it is a little pricey. The end caps are held in place with tiny grub screws and include the right size allen wrench. They also give you zip ties to install on the cable for strain relief, effective but could be a weak point depending on the application.
Thanks. Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom