Let's see those FM9 rigs!

You had me at dadgad
I've really enjoyed EBEABE tuning (my Keyser shortcut capo) and what sounds one can accomplish with it. I learned from about 2003 forward to do improv jams with the capo at open-mics. Very few people at the time (guitarists and patrons included) knew how I was able to pull off the songs I had played. Most of the time it was free-form jam made up on the spot, but with structure, clams and many relieved moments once the music stopped. Good times they were...

I think I was inspired by a separate player who tuned to DADF♯AD. I've not yet tried this tuning and and am still trying to keep my "drawing within the lines."

The rig is complete! For now at least. Worked hard on this! @fractalaudiosystems FM9 Turbo is the brains of the board. I have it mounted to a @templeboards Duo 34 alongside two @fractalaudiosystems EV-1 expression pedals. I installed the IEC mod and have it connected it to a Furman AC-215 which is mounted underneath the board. This provides power to both the FM9 and the dual USB-A/USB-C modules for charging devices on stage, and still leaves the option to add LEDs underneath the board. I added a USB-B module to make connecting the FM9 to a computer more convenient. For the I/O I installed four Neutrik XLR mods for Output 1 L+R to send to my onstage monitors & Output 2 L+R sending to FOH. I used @cabletechniques Low Profile XLR connectors and Canare for all of the cables I built (this project required me to learn how to solder!). I also added a locking 1/4” Neutrik mod for connecting my guitar. For patching to Input 1 I used a Low Profile SP-600 connector & Mogami W2524 cable. It’s sitting atop the bottom half of a custom flight case I had built for it. I love the design of the case because all I have to do it remove the top lid and I’m ready to play! I tried to make this rig as tidy and functional as possible and couldn’t be more stoked on the result!
What is the cable/connector you are using on the expression pedal?

It’s 2009 PRS SE from the days when they had a completely flat top and really not very much like their American counterparts.
It had been hanging on my wall for a few years with no electronics and I was using it for Fishman Triple play stuff.
I really like the neck, it‘s a “Wide Fat” which I believe is the same as a “Pattern” neck these days.
View attachment 109614
View attachment 109615
View attachment 109617View attachment 109618
View attachment 109621View attachment 109622

Got a Seymour Duncan JB off eBay half the price of a new one and managed to cut out a pickup hole from a black strat faceplate to get the Dimarzio Cruiser to sit in there neatly.
It’s my go to guitar now.
Man! What a nice transformation on the guitar!! Looks great!

This is my plan. The board is a Creation Music 32x16 Aero with a 22x6x3.5 bridge from Fix Pedalboards. The bridge will have a D-Panel punch plate with stereo XLR outs, PowerCon power in and USB passthrough. Cioks SOL under the bridge to power my tuner and wireless. The clock is a joke. I have a clock on my board now and my bassist complains it's too small and he can't see it.View attachment 110407
Why the Strobe and the Shure? Shure has a great built in tuner

To those of you with great cable management-

Thank You So Much GIF by euphoria

Finally got my FM9 functional on my Templeboard (might add jacks for OUT 2). It worked well last night across the stage from my AxeFX III at a Christmas Party "All Star Jam" at the venue I run sound at. Of course the LED lights I put underneath died before the gig, so I wouldn't recommend Temple Board's LED light strip.

1670374019478.png
1670374048851.png
1670374129406.png1670374095918.png

1670374162740.png
1670374192645.png

Finally got my FM9 functional on my Templeboard (might add jacks for OUT 2). It worked well last night across the stage from my AxeFX III at a Christmas Party "All Star Jam" at the venue I run sound at. Of course the LED lights I put underneath died before the gig, so I wouldn't recommend Temple Board's LED light strip.

View attachment 112323
View attachment 112324
View attachment 112326View attachment 112325

View attachment 112327
View attachment 112328
I love that Vault! Got a model number for that awesome piece? I will put that on my Christmas list for Santa 😂

View attachment 112323
View attachment 112324
View attachment 112326View attachment 112325

View attachment 112327
View attachment 112328
Deporting the relay antenna is a great idea. How did you do it?

I love that Vault! Got a model number for that awesome piece?
I got the V700. Here's the amazon link. Works great for the Templeboard Duo 34. You need to cut the foam, though; it's not the kind that you can tear out. I actually prefer it this way since I think it sticks together better. I'm waiting on more hot glue sticks to finish adhering the foam to the case so it doesn't come out with the board.

Deporting the relay antenna is a great idea. How did you do it?
It's really easy! You just need BNC antennae cables and bulkhead connectors. Then, I just widened holes on the templeboard with my drill. The one downside is that if you forget to fold the antennaes down before flipping the board, you can snap them in two. Don't ask how I know that...

Here are some links to what I used:

2 Pack 20in Antennae Cables with Right Angle BNC Connectors

BNC Female to Female Bulkhead Coax Adapter

I got the V700. Here's the amazon link. Works great for the Templeboard Duo 34. You need to cut the foam, though; it's not the kind that you can tear out. I actually prefer it this way since I think it sticks together better. I'm waiting on more hot glue sticks to finish adhering the foam to the case so it doesn't come out with the board.
I have the V730 that I use for a Duo 24 and a Duo 18:

A54A3D54-2A4A-4F55-B875-AFEACBDE2D55.jpeg

Yeah... There's not much free space, although I do plan to cut some for the long sides but it holds pretty well.

It's heavy, but the roller wheels work great.
The wheels are nice. The V700 doesn't have it. I only wish the case didn't bubble so stacking guitars on top is easier.

Ok, all done with my new board build! After receiving the rest of the parts I needed to complete, I binged last night in the shop a solid 6.5 hrs and did the teardown of the old and fabricated the new!

Temple Audio Duo 34! On the left side I have Midi, USB in for updates, USB A, USB C and C fast charge! On the Right I have 1/4" Input jack with interrupt, O/P-1 O/P-2. All of the lowprophile connectors I could find.

The IEC power mods are spliced to a convenience outlet I found on Amazon that has 2 plugs and three USB charging ports! I can power from either side of the board and / or power my monitors all with one power cord. Everything is dressed down with the use of sticky zip tie mounts and zip ties!

The FM and dB instruments are both held on with screws while the Shure wireless is held on with HD velcro.

There is only one other item I am considering for my board and that's a Peterson HD strobe tuner! Everything will be housed in a Studio Slips bag made to spec!IMG_1208.jpgIMG_1211.jpgIMG_1215.jpgIMG_1214.jpgIMG_1209.jpgIMG_1210.jpgIMG_1212.jpg
IMG_1217.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, all done with my new board build! After receiving the rest of the parts I needed to complete, I binged last night in the shop a solid 6.5 hrs and did the teardown of the old and fabricated the new!

Temple Audio Duo 34! On the left side I have Midi, USB in for updates, USB A, USB C and C fast charge! On the Right I have 1/4" Input jack with interrupt, O/P-1 O/P-2. All of the lowprophile connectors I could find.

The IEC power mods are spliced to a convenience outlet I found on Amazon that has 2 plugs and three USB charging ports! I can power from either side of the board and / or power my monitors all with one power cord. Everything is dressed down with the use of sticky zip tie mounts and zip ties!

The FM and dB instruments are both held on with screws while the Shure wireless is held on with HD velcro.

There is only one other item I am considering for my board and that's a Peterson HD strobe tuner! Everything will be housed in a Studio Slips bag made to spec!View attachment 112342View attachment 112343View attachment 112344View attachment 112345View attachment 112346View attachment 112347View attachment 112340
Love it!

Back
Top Bottom