AFIII Sensitive Sundays feat. Simeon!

Wow! I was thinking - Simeon is a really awesome melodic player, and they you hit the 2:40 mark and BOOM, he's also a crushing shredder!
Leon...well, you're always inspiring and make it look effortless.

More proof I need to practice.

Great work Gents!!!

oh and looking at this reminds me how much i need a better camera. i'm using a logitech webcam at the moment and it's never in focus. i checked out the camera leon is using at it's way out of my league. anybody got any ideas for a budget solution for a dude who hates videoing himself?
What Logitech model are you using?
I've had pretty good results with the c925 and c930 models, both under $100 US. I've also used their StreamCam, which looks good and is plug n play. People like the Razer Kiyo for it's built-in lighting ring.
Depending on your budget, many of the Nikon and Canon photo cameras also have video modes and Mini USB or HDMI connections. They generally have great video quality that tops most basic webcams.
If I may, I will say lighting can make a big difference too, and relatively cheaply. Turn off the over head lighting and use some lamps or wash lighting to help the add depth to the shot. Two lights from different angles will help.
And finally, good webcam or not, I really enjoyed your playing in this video. More please.

oh and looking at this reminds me how much i need a better camera. i'm using a logitech webcam at the moment and it's never in focus. i checked out the camera leon is using at it's way out of my league. anybody got any ideas for a budget solution for a dude who hates videoing himself?
I like the Logitech c930e for the built-in h264 encoding. Any time I can offload something to specialized hardware, I will. Plug-and-play with my Macs and my Windows machines.

For lighting I have this light on this unipod behind my monitor. I really dig the light. Variable temperature and intensity is great. Makes for a fantastic picture in my WFH setup. The light is battery powered as well, which is handy when the power goes out I guess? Note, that light is best if you stand within a few feet of your monitor. Not great for lighting a whole room.

What Logitech model are you using?
I've had pretty good results with the c925 and c930 models, both under $100 US. I've also used their StreamCam, which looks good and is plug n play. People like the Razer Kiyo for it's built-in lighting ring.
Depending on your budget, many of the Nikon and Canon photo cameras also have video modes and Mini USB or HDMI connections. They generally have great video quality that tops most basic webcams.
If I may, I will say lighting can make a big difference too, and relatively cheaply. Turn off the over head lighting and use some lamps or wash lighting to help the add depth to the shot. Two lights from different angles will help.
And finally, good webcam or not, I really enjoyed your playing in this video. More please.
100% what @jclemensfl said above about lighting.

Back
Top Bottom