Riff Station(This is damn cool)

Riffstation gets a big thumbs up from me. I used it recently to learn two different solos. One was Marty Friedman and the other Paul Gilbert so the slow down tool was essential. I love being able to lock into a loop by the beat division as opposed to just time division.

My only minor complaint was I wanted more than 50% slow down capability and Dan already informed me they will be adding that in an upcoming release.

That's right Adam, we'll be allowing a wider slow down range in V2 and possibly (although not confirmed) the audio freeze tool I posted about previously on this thread. The other big change will be the loop tools. We kind of ignored them and left the functionality very bare in V 1.2. Of course the beat snapping will be staying, but we'll be adding so much more.

Just downloaded the demo - brilliant concept - I love it!

I just used it to learn 'Sails of Charon' intro solo by Uli Jon Roth /Scorpions - never been able to pick out the notes before but Riffstation made it extremely easy ( at maximum slowdown !) - I'll probably never be able to play it at full speed but that's a different matter.....!

Just one thing - the programme crashed a couple of times on my imac - is this because it's the demo version?

Cheers

Zack

My Riffstation wish list:

Resizable UI
Slowdown up to at least 25
Better sounding slowdown
Labeled Section markers/regions - make regions clickable for quick selection
Disable beat snapping for zooming in on the oddly timed notes
Setlist menu to quickly switch between songs I am practicing
Standard EQ
Loop that can increase speed on each pass (specify number of repeats, start speed, end speed)
Note guess on short melodic segments

Just downloaded the demo - brilliant concept - I love it!

I just used it to learn 'Sails of Charon' intro solo by Uli Jon Roth /Scorpions - never been able to pick out the notes before but Riffstation made it extremely easy ( at maximum slowdown !) - I'll probably never be able to play it at full speed but that's a different matter.....!

Just one thing - the programme crashed a couple of times on my imac - is this because it's the demo version?

Cheers

Zack

Thanks for your support Zack. The crash sounds like a bug we haven't seen yet. Could you send us a mail to support@sonicladder.com with your system details and some info about when the crash happens? Cheers :)

My Riffstation wish list:

Resizable UI
Slowdown up to at least 25
Better sounding slowdown
Labeled Section markers/regions - make regions clickable for quick selection
Disable beat snapping for zooming in on the oddly timed notes
Setlist menu to quickly switch between songs I am practicing
Standard EQ
Loop that can increase speed on each pass (specify number of repeats, start speed, end speed)
Note guess on short melodic segments

Quite a few of these are confirmed for V2 :)

We've just finished up a simplified version (chords only) that runs in your browser with YouTube videos. No time/pitch/isolate/loop on this one. That will be launched in a few weeks. In the meantime we've started building V2 which we expect to release later in the summer. I'll list the feature updates here soon :)

Sounds great Dan, thanks for Hanging out. We appreciate it. Looks like maybe you should look into buying an AXE-FX II. You won't be dissapointed.

Those won't work too well for tone matching at all. The isolated track needs to be truly isolated....

Ok, I see. What happens when you try to use less than perfect source material for tone matching? Does it get close to the tone? Or do the imperfections in the isolated tracks totally screw up the process?

Back
Top Bottom