Recording Woes

Phasing on playback with just one track makes no sense at all. Activity on USB In 1 and 2 meters during playback is expected. That's the playback signal going to your monitors. Is there a way to do a complete reset of all of Logic's settings and preferences?

I have one track in Logic, but hear the phasing caused by "a loop". Doesn't happen when muting and unmuting anymore. It only happens now when I playback what I've recorded. And you can then see it on the meters. Right before that ,it was only doing it when I pressed record. After I turned OFF Software Monitoring, it only happens during playback now.

Phasing on playback with just one track makes no sense at all. Activity on USB In 1 and 2 meters during playback is expected. That's the playback signal going to your monitors. Is there a way to do a complete reset of all of Logic's settings and preferences?
There is a way to reset all of the settings. I don't think there have been any that changed since I started Logic though. I have no problem giving it a shot if you really feel that will help.

There's no loop during playback. It's only audio output going to the Axe III for monitoring. The only activity you should see on the Axe III meters is on USB In 1 and 2 and on Analog Out 1L and 1R going to your monitors or headphones.

Have you tried headphone or monitor correction with software like Sonarworks? Acoustically treating my studio and using that software translates great no matter what I use to listen to my songs. :)

I understand, but my question is: if you mute during playback, do you still hear any audio? What do you see on the Axe-FX input meters when you mute and unmute during playback? How many input blocks do you have in your preset?
When I mute during playback. I hear no audio and the meters show no signal. when I unmute during playback, I hear audio and the meter shows signal and I'm getting the phasey sound, kinda like if I could fit inside a metal trashcan a play.

I understand, but my question is: if you mute during playback, do you still hear any audio? What do you see on the Axe-FX input meters when you mute and unmute during playback? How many input blocks do you have in your preset?
Oh yeah, and I only have 1 input block in my preset.

Just to be clear, are you hearing the phasing sound on the playback of the recorded track and you are not playing your guitar at the same time?

So if you import audio into another track, it plays that track back normally with no phasing?
I'm not completely sure on what your asking, but the track sent to me from the studio was imported in and it has no playback issue. If thats what you mean.

Yes. If imported audio plays back normally, then it means the playback side of things is working as expected. The problem is on the input side. The tracks you record are somehow capturing the phased sound. This too makes no sense as input monitoring causes phase issues back at the Axe III, not in the DAW where it can be recorded.

Yes. If imported audio plays back normally, then it means the playback side of things is working as expected. The problem is on the input side. The tracks you record are somehow capturing the phased sound. This too makes no sense as input monitoring causes phase issues back at the Axe III, not in the DAW where it can be recorded.
I'm trying to think of a way you could configure an Axe-FX that is running a factory preset to do that, but, short of patching in and out jacks, I can't think of anything.

Skiddler, can you upload a screenshot of your Axe-Edit Setup->Audio page?

I'm trying to think of a way you could configure an Axe-FX that is running a factory preset to do that, but, short of patching in and out jacks, I can't think of anything.

Yeah I can't think of any way to make it loop back and be recordable. If you somehow created a full feedback loop, it would most likely go into full oscillation and squeeling while trying to record.

If I knew how.

Yeah I can't think of any way to make it loop back and be recordable. If you somehow created a full feedback loop, it would most likely go into full oscillation and squeeling while trying to record.
Guys, I really can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. Really. But I have to take a break from this tonight. I've been trying to work this out all day. I'll be back tomorrow morning. Maybe you guys can show me how to upload screenshots so y'all can see what I see. Thank You Both.

Back
Top Bottom