Rainbow in the Dark Cover

Question for you, when you learn the lead is it by ear or by tab, just curious? How long does it take you to get it up to tempo? Me personally I usually learn faster by ear using some sort of tool to slow it down and keep the same pitch. Do you remembr what a pain in the butt it was to learn from an actual album, spinning disc. Took forever.

Awesome by the way, but you knew, I would say that.

Question for you, when you learn the lead is it by ear or by tab, just curious? How long does it take you to get it up to tempo? Me personally I usually learn faster by ear using some sort of tool to slow it down and keep the same pitch. Do you remember what a pain in the butt it was to learn from an actual album, spinning disc. Took forever.

Awesome by the way, but you knew, I would say that.

I can not do tabs. It's a combination of by ear and maybe a YT lesson, mostly by ear. I use Transcribe to slow things down. I also have the Amazing Slow Downer but Transcibe rocks!
Oh yes I remember trying to learn from LP's! Trying being the operative word. It depends on how difficult the solo is as far as how long it takes for me to get up to tempo. A few hours for sure, I'm not a swift eagle.

Stellar as usual Mark!! I would love however to see some of these where you are playing through a live scenario, as thats where I need the most
direction/inspiration for live shows!!! Thanks and Merry Christmas to you and Roxy!!!

I run the Axe-Fx direct into Logic ProX. Thanks!!

Great playing as usual and great sounding preset. I love Dio and been listening to that so much .. and you really nailed it ..

would have loved to try the preset but I don't have an XL so :)

I hope you and your band come visit us in Sweden some day!!

I can not do tabs. It's a combination of by ear and maybe a YT lesson, mostly by ear. I use Transcribe to slow things down. I also have the Amazing Slow Downer but Transcibe rocks!
Oh yes I remember trying to learn from LP's! Trying being the operative word. It depends on how difficult the solo is as far as how long it takes for me to get up to tempo. A few hours for sure, I'm not a swift eagle.

I'm curious. I have heard good things about Transcribe, just have never tried it. Why do you like it over Amazing Slow Downer? What sets it apart?

Back
Top Bottom