RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great! :encouragement:

Is it possible to change the ratio of how fast the knobs affect the parameter shift? In the video the bass knob is physically moved a full quarter turn yet the value only increases from 2.85 to 3.06. At that rate it would take almost a full 12 rotations of the knob to go from 0-10!

Looks great! :encouragement:

Is it possible to change the ratio of how fast the knobs affect the parameter shift? In the video the bass knob is physically moved a full quarter turn yet the value only increases from 2.85 to 3.06. At that rate it would take almost a full 12 rotations of the knob to go from 0-10!
Not at the moment but that's a good idea ;)
Something you don't see on the video is that the parameter shift is function of the speed you turn the knob, so if you want a big shift you should turn faster.

watched the video, i like this but i think the knob position on the rac12 should correspond with that in the axe. very disorienting when the value on the axe is at 5 o'clock but at 9 o'clock on the rac12

watched the video, i like this but i think the knob position on the rac12 should correspond with that in the axe. very disorienting when the value on the axe is at 5 o'clock but at 9 o'clock on the rac12
Probably something we will improve ;)

The visual position should not matter. The knobs do not have a range.

The visual position should not matter. The knobs do not have a range.
I don't know if brian was talkin about the physical knob or the on-screen knob. If it was the physical, be aware that the definitive RAC12 product will not have any position mark on the knobs.

Not at the moment but that's a good idea ;)
Something you don't see on the video is that the parameter shift is function of the speed you turn the knob, so if you want a big shift you should turn faster.

Cool. I think the majority of people that are looking at this will be expecting to be able to grab the knobs and have them respond like a real amp, going from 0 to 10 with a single twist, regardless of speed. I can see how the slow speed = fine control would work great for certain sensitive parameters. For regular vanilla amp controls, I think having the response of a normal amp knob as at least an option would make a lot of sense!

Damn nice. Maybe I missed it. Can you confirm that this works with an MFC connected to the Ethernet jack? Are all functions on both devices accessible? Can you display the tuner on the RAC12?

Really awesome stuff.

You're gonna force me to upgrade my rack.

Damn nice. Maybe I missed it. Can you confirm that this works with an MFC connected to the Ethernet jack? Are all functions on both devices accessible? Can you display the tuner on the RAC12?

Really awesome stuff.

You're gonna force me to upgrade my rack.
Yes it works with the MFC on ethernet plug. The RAC12 does not display the tuner at the moment but it could be done easily ;)

Congrats on great product!
Little note about the website i tried to open it on my ipad and the text overlaps with the image, its impossible to read the text.

I love the idea and the product, but the marks on the knobs in the video are misleading:

If there are no marks on the buttons or around, how do you know the current value, before you touch it? See on the video it's not a problem since the marks indicate it.

The message needs to be clear.

[with all respect and love]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom