Question about the Mark series graphic EQ modeling

Opening the amp is not disassembling.
I'm out, you win.
----

Back on topic;

+1 - and if we're gonna actually name a geq model "mark", seems logical to follow the authentic to ref amp taper as an exception to standard practice, particularly given that the visual aspect of the taper seems to be a big part of its widely known character.
Very much this.
The fact that Mesa still releasing their latest Mark series amps with linear sliders and did not replace them with s-taper means they want that classic behavior preserved, and I want that classic geq behavior preserved in my modeler too.

I'm out, you win.
----

Back on topic;

Very much this.
The fact that Mesa still releasing their latest Mark series amps with linear sliders and did not replace them with s-taper means they want that classic behavior preserved, and I want that classic geq behavior preserved in my modeler too.
This behavior exists throughout the entire platform. Visual references for controls are not upheld. Because of a litany of reasons.

That said I dont care either way, I dont look at knob positions to build my sounds, I only use my ears anyway as Ive never had success just trying to copy knob positions. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this thread...

Big time.
I have been guilty of it myself, once, @My name is mud kept pushing something and I called him out on it and then Cliff came out and said he was right! 😅 It was a good reminder not to make comments on behalf of anyone else, especially the company! In my unscientific opinion, it has gotten a lot better and when it does, it is often just driven by a small handful of mostly the same people.

85sflt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom