Q10 Firmware for the AX8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backing up my presets now so I can shoot a comparison video when it's out and then wipe my AX8 clean and start from scratch with new FW :D

stupid question....

how would I update to FW10 and wipe clean? I'm on 9.04 and just upgraded firmware from 8 along the way. Never wiped.

stupid question....

how would I update to FW10 and wipe clean? I'm on 9.04 and just upgraded firmware from 8 along the way. Never wiped.

You could reset factory settings, but what I mean is I'm going to delete all my presets manually and start from scratch.

stupid question....

That's two things, update to 10 when it's out just the same as you did from 8 to 9.04

If you want a completely clean slate then select all the presets, factory and user, in AX8-Edit and delete them, or you can just update to 10 and see how your current presets sound after the new firmware

I think Leon likes the clean slate approach, I've backed my presets up and will try them with 10 and create some new ones.

It's your unit, do what you please

Only reason I ask....

When 9.04 came out, I ran the update with the bot. One of the listed changes was this:

Changed default cathode follower hardness (CF Hardness) to 0.75 to align better with measured values

Ok, cool. When I went to build a new patch, I went into the amp block and CF Hardness was 7.5, same as 9.03 and earlier. I manually changed it, thought it sounded better.

I figured since I didn't reset or wipe something, that is why that change did not manifest itself on a new patch creation.

Only reason I ask....

When 9.04 came out, I ran the update with the bot. One of the listed changes was this:

Changed default cathode follower hardness (CF Hardness) to 0.75 to align better with measured values

Ok, cool. When I went to build a new patch, I went into the amp block and CF Hardness was 7.5, same as 9.03 and earlier. I manually changed it, thought it sounded better.

I figured since I didn't reset or wipe something, that is why that change did not manifest itself on a new patch creation.

Until we know how Q10 works and if it affects any of current parameter settings we'd only be speculating.

It sounds like it won't be long so it's best to wait and see what comes out of the Fractal Skunkworks

Wow!
Hoping this means we'll have some "features" of the axe 3, like separate input and output blocks, server-client communcation with ax8-edit, midi block, etc..

In any case, thanks Cliff!

This sounds very interesting :)

It might also lead to more bugs in the beta, but I don't have many important gigs coming up, so I am game for a bit of testing :)

I have a couple of gigs coming up in August. Looks like I just might be able to do them with a touch of Ares. Yay!

Thanks for doing this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom