Q10 Firmware for the AX8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t be done. IIRC from older threads, the AX8 has two DSP chips and the architecture dedicates an entire chip to the amp block. The other chip is dedicated to the OS and effects. The cab block is handled by a hardware accelerator. The unit is physically incapable of handling a second amp block.

I know, I was jocking :D
.. but it would be great :)

Please Cliff: remove the ring modulator and add a second AMP block! :D

Can’t be done. IIRC from older threads, the AX8 has two DSP chips and the architecture dedicates an entire chip to the amp block. The other chip is dedicated to the OS and effects. The cab block is handled by a hardware accelerator. The unit is physically incapable of handling a second amp block.

I don´t know how works the channels in the III...but...would be nice to have two channels per amp in the AX8 or something like that o_O...just saying...:D

I don´t know how works the channels in the III...but...would be nice to have two channels per amp in the AX8 or something like that o_O...just saying...:D

You already have 2 channels., as lscottk said. This are the X/Y stated in many blocks, the Axe III now has W/X/Y/Z (channels).

Seems like X and Y states for each amp block is the equivalent of having 2 channels.

Yes, after writing that post i read that in the wiki...so, what would be the advatange of channels??? i thought the channels would be something like the channels of a real amp...clean, overdrive or lead...something like that...

well...if the audio gap when changing between X and Y on the amp block is faster in Q10...i think all of us would be happy.

Yes, after writing that post i read that in the wiki...so, what would be the advatange of channels??? i thought the channels would be something like the channels of a real amp...clean, overdrive or lead...something like that...

well...if the audio gap when changing between X and Y on the amp block is faster in Q10...i think all of us would be happy.

They are like channels in real amps, with the advantage that you can have any clean you want from the amp selection and any OD channel from any of the amps.

There is an audio gap in the Axe FX III too, the issue is who´s the most picky end user.

They are like channels in real amps, with the advantage that you can have any clean you want from the amp selection and any OD channel from any of the amps.

There is an audio gap in the Axe FX III too, the issue is who´s the most picky end user.

Thank you Nicolas...yes, i understand...in my mind (without having read anything about the channels) i thought the channels were for example if choose in the amp block a Rectifier you will have the 3 channels of the rectifier modeled...but after reading the wiki now i understand how it works.

i'm not picky at all...but an improvement it's always welcome.

That's only for fx iii? How is it done on Ax8? (Still learning how to use it)

That's only for fx iii? How is it done on Ax8? (Still learning how to use it)

You change the X/Y stated of the amp block with scenes, you have 8 scenes in every preset. You can assigned for example the top row switches for scene change and the other row for preset change.

You change the X/Y stated of the amp block with scenes, you have 8 scenes in every preset. You can assigned for example the top row switches for scene change and the other row for preset change.

You can also set a dedicated AMP X/Y footswitch as well, so you don't have to just use scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom