Q10 Firmware for the AX8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your favs? I've been using MED Brown-05 and GNR SP2-5 in a stereo config. Likewise MED Bold-06 and GNR D201-M+
And I've stopped looking now :)

I’ll have to give those a listen! What amps do you use?

My favorites are the OH1F-05 for rhythm and the M+ version of that for leads. Those have a 57 and Royer ribbon together, so it works great live as well as in the studio. I usually play a strat in R&B, pop, jazz, and rock settings. Here's the band I play with so you can get an idea: https://www.kennedyadministration.com/

My go to amps are the Friedmans, so I'm really pumped to try the updated BE.

To me the good news is that CC wouldn't do this if he wasn't planning more Axe8 updates in the future. This is pure speculation on my part, but Cliff seems like a pragmatic guy. Why bother with a restructure if it wouldn't make your life easier down the road?

Completely agree. Cliff still plans to have the AX8 around for a while so is setting up for being able to trickle down ARES developments into out units.

Or this could a smokescreen and the new floor unit is out soon

Who knows?!?!, I'm patiently awaiting the new firmware whilst enjoying the #### out of 9.04
Great situation

The Axe III still doesn't have a polyphonic tuner does it? That's actually pretty much the biggest issue I have with the AX8. Along with the annoying sound of XY'ing from a huge reverb to a small one.

So yeah, I'm pretty happy with the unit. Just looking forward to some new amps. And always intrigued about the tonal difference, which usually has been inaudible to my ears (I've only been on board since Q8 or so).

The Axe III still doesn't have a polyphonic tuner does it? That's actually pretty much the biggest issue I have with the AX8. Along with the annoying sound of XY'ing from a huge reverb to a small one.

So yeah, I'm pretty happy with the unit. Just looking forward to some new amps. And always intrigued about the tonal difference, which usually has been inaudible to my ears (I've only been on board since Q8 or so).
Hi! I'm not an expert do I'd like to know, what's the difference between the tuner of the ax8 and a polyphonic one? And what do you mean with the annoying sound when x/y'ing?
Thanks

Hi! I'm not an expert do I'd like to know, what's the difference between the tuner of the ax8 and a polyphonic one? And what do you mean with the annoying sound when x/y'ing?
Thanks
Hi! Polyphonic tuning means you can just strum all of the strings at once and it will tell you which ones are out of tune. Great to use between songs at a gig. Example of this is Tc Electronic PolyTune.

The reverb makes a sound that's caused by the spillover effect changing to the shorter reverb. I could just take off the spillover, but in most situations it's nice to have.

So... Is that true that with ax8 I can't have seamless switching between a clean and a high gain patch?

That's not true. And the answer has to do with being clear on what many refer to as a "patch".

There are Presets, and there are Scenes. Switching Presets can have some dropout, and there are a lot of variables determining how noticeable that is. But with Scenes, there is no dropout.

A Scene allows you to turn on and off blocks (e.g. Drives) or also change settings on existing blocks (e.g. input trim/gain on and amp). So those changes are seamless. But Presets allow you to switch to a totally different set of blocks and/or change the amp entirely (e.g. from a Twin Reverb to a Marshallesque). So the upside of Scenes is seamlessness, with the downside of being locked into the set of blocks you've defined. Not much of a downside, given all the mods you can do while keeping those same blocks. The upside of Presets is total flexibility in what blocks you are working with from Preset to Preset.

Thanks Cliff! Waiting for 10, but there is no hassle! Current firmware works flawless and sounds incredible! :)

That's not true. And the answer has to do with being clear on what many refer to as a "patch".

There are Presets, and there are Scenes. Switching Presets can have some dropout, and there are a lot of variables determining how noticeable that is. But with Scenes, there is no dropout.

A Scene allows you to turn on and off blocks (e.g. Drives) or also change settings on existing blocks (e.g. input trim/gain on and amp). So those changes are seamless. But Presets allow you to switch to a totally different set of blocks and/or change the amp entirely (e.g. from a Twin Reverb to a Marshallesque). So the upside of Scenes is seamlessness, with the downside of being locked into the set of blocks you've defined. Not much of a downside, given all the mods you can do while keeping those same blocks. The upside of Presets is total flexibility in what blocks you are working with from Preset to Preset.
I'm coming from a Laney irt studio, and I like to play a lot like Opeth, using heavy distortion with clean interludes, with my Laney all I had to do is put my Precision drive right next to my lead footswitch so with a step I could change to a complete clean sign, now with scenes can I do that? Change from high gain channel to a clean one?I don't know if am explaining myself :s, but take for example Opeth changes from high gain distortion to clean interludes

I'm coming from a Laney irt studio, and I like to play a lot like Opeth, using heavy distortion with clean interludes, with my Laney all I had to do is put my Precision drive right next to my lead footswitch so with a step I could change to a complete clean sign, now with scenes can I do that? Change from high gain channel to a clean one?I don't know if am explaining myself :s, but take for example Opeth changes from high gain distortion to clean interludes
If you want to, you can go from a heavy, high-gain sound with repeating delays to a super-clean tone with chorus, reverb, and different EQ — all with one stomp of a switch.

If you want to, you can go from a heavy, high-gain sound with repeating delays to a super-clean tone with chorus, reverb, and different EQ — all with one stomp of a switch.
Hi, thanks! I'm totally new to this, if it's not much to ask, could explain me how to do it? Thanks!

Maybe you should start a new topic about it. You will get more replies/help since this one is about when the next firmware will be realeased.

Reactions: Rex
Mostly done. Just a few more things to finish up. I want to release to the beta team first because there were a lot of changes. Sounds great (duh) and switching speed is improved.

I'm taking a few days off to relax up at the lake. Going to do some painting maybe and throw rocks at things.

Mostly done. Just a few more things to finish up. I want to release to the beta team first because there were a lot of changes. Sounds great (duh) and switching speed is improved.

I'm taking a few days off to relax up at the lake. Going to do some painting maybe and throw rocks at things.
Love you much!

Much deserved break! Enjoy!

Btw.....
Would you enjoy yourself beta at the lake or beta at the beach? :)

Sounds like some much deserved downtime. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom