Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

I have no idea how heavy it is, I'd guess somewhere in the 150 lb range. The lift is just a cart I got from Northern Equipment. It stays in the garage at home, and my bandmates get to help me unload the rack at rehearsals or gigs.

That would have been very helpful back when I had a 200 lb rack.

MKrig2006sm2.jpg

Still a work in progress, Not sure I'll need all the Lexicons when I get things dialed in, the effects on the III are really good.

View attachment 47116

This might be kind of an oddly-specific question, but have they improved the sound of the diffusion in the delay blocks? I ended up keeping my PCM 81 because the Axe-FX II just could not imitate those nice thick, smeary delay sounds the Lexicons do so well.

This might be kind of an oddly-specific question, but have they improved the sound of the diffusion in the delay blocks? I ended up keeping my PCM 81 because the Axe-FX II just could not imitate those nice thick, smeary delay sounds the Lexicons do so well.
I haven't been able to get that "Lexicon" sound yet, there is just something about the PCM's that I would find hard to let go. The Eclipse is already moving out, as is the MPX1.

@Walt's Frozen Head : meet the Input Diffusion parameter. :)

Well, i know diffusion is available, but on the Axe-FX II XL, it just didn't sound as good. I don't have enough technical knowledge to tell your why, but if you've ever used a PCM 70, 80, or 81, they have this rich sound that the Axe just can't duplicate. Hopefully the III has bridged the gap.

Well, i know diffusion is available, but on the Axe-FX II XL, it just didn't sound as good. I don't have enough technical knowledge to tell your why, but if you've ever used a PCM 70, 80, or 81, they have this rich sound that the Axe just can't duplicate. Hopefully the III has bridged the gap.
Look for Input Diffusion in the Multidelay block, not Diffusion.

If you want to continue this discussion, let's start a separate thread so as not to hijack this one.

Soooo, I completely reworked my fly rig. It did consist of my 4 space SKB case on wheels, my Axe-FxII and Matrix GT1000FX-2U in Front, a Furman M-8Dx in back, and my Shure PSM900 in-ears sitting on top of the rack. 49.5 pounds, but with my PSM900 in my carry-on.

Then the Axe-FxIII arrives!!!! What to do, what to do.....

The III is a half pound heavier than the II, uh oh.... So I called Andy at Matrix and had him ship me out a Matrix GT1000FX-1U, 2.2 pounds lighter:). Exit the Furman M-8Dx, and enter the Furman SS-6B velcro'd to the bottom, 3.4 pounds lighter and saves a rack space in back:). That gave me roughly 5 pounds to mount my Shure PSM-900, and my NEW Shure GLXD4R wireless guitar receiver(allowing me to plug into the rear Input1):D. Then I fashioned, out of aluminum, a mount for my PSM900 antenna, mounted to the 4 rack holes on the bottom of the two half rack units:cool:. I then completed the rig with all new 10" angled Mogami cables, and done.....

But, then the defining moment comes....... if it's over 50 pounds it wont fly...... the wife plays a drum roll while I got out the scale...... and the tale of the tape is.............. 49.75 pounds, BAM BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

Presenting, my new AxeFx-III fly rig...... I'm just so HAPPY:p

Attachments

• IMG_2601.jpg
    IMG_2601.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 847
  • IMG_2599.jpg
    IMG_2599.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 788
  • IMG_2591.jpg
    IMG_2591.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 763
  • IMG_2595.jpg
    IMG_2595.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_2593.jpg
    IMG_2593.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 766
Soooo, I completely reworked my fly rig. It did consist of my 4 space SKB case on wheels, my Axe-FxII and Matrix GT1000FX-2U in Front, a Furman M-8Dx in back, and my Shure PSM900 in-ears sitting on top of the rack. 49.5 pounds, but with my PSM900 in my carry-on.

Then the Axe-FxIII arrives!!!! What to do, what to do.....

The III is a half pound heavier than the II, uh oh.... So I called Andy at Matrix and had him ship me out a Matrix GT1000FX-1U, 2.2 pounds lighter:). Exit the Furman M-8Dx, and enter the Furman SS-6B velcro'd to the bottom, 3.4 pounds lighter and saves a rack space in back:). That gave me roughly 5 pounds to mount my Shure PSM-900, and my NEW Shure GLXD4R wireless guitar receiver(allowing me to plug into the rear Input1):D. Then I fashioned, out of aluminum, a mount for my PSM900 antenna, mounted to the 4 rack holes on the bottom of the two half rack units:cool:. I then completed the rig with all new 10" angled Mogami cables, and done.....

But, then the defining moment comes....... if it's over 50 pounds it wont fly...... the wife plays a drum roll while I got out the scale...... and the tale of the tape is.............. 49.75 pounds, BAM BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

Presenting, my new AxeFx-III fly rig...... I'm just so HAPPY:p
Nice!
How loud is that GT1000FX-1U? I have a 2U, when I tried the 1U a few years back the fans were very noisy, even after Andy swapped one out for me. Not "wooshy" or "airy" but whiney and resonant throughout the case.

Nice!
How loud is that GT1000FX-1U? I have a 2U, when I tried the 1U a few years back the fans were very noisy, even after Andy swapped one out for me. Not "wooshy" or "airy" but whiney and resonant throughout the case.

I have heard many a 1U fan from Andy and was NOT looking forward to it. But I am surprised by it. I whines about 2 seconds when firing up and then honestly I have forgotten to turn it off when shutting down. Its much much much quieter...... Or I got lucky!

I have one too and always thought it was just loud enough for me to be reminded to turn it off when I'm done with it haha :laughing:

i had one 2 years ago and sold it to the other guitarist in a band I was in. I couldn't handle it at all. But this one I have is honestly totally fine in the studio. Stoked.......

Back
Top Bottom