Post here if you've received an invite for the Headphone Jack model!

Currently, there seem to be two main concerns people are having. They include the feedback issue with high-gain patches and the fan coming on and staying on. If these can both be mitigated through software, that would be great. I've got no problem with firmware bugs needing to be ironed out. My main fear is that they are hardware related, because that's much more problematic. I sincerely hope they can sort this all out quickly. One thing is for sure, I'm going to buy the extended warranty!!!

I am not trying to be pessimistic, but I am simply concerned about availability. I think I probably put myself on the wait-list around the end of last year, but I honestly have no idea as to the specific date any longer. I got an invite for the non-HP-jack version some time ago, but I passed on that. I have not heard anything else from Fractal.

As I sold my AX8 earlier this year, I might have to find a plan B for the interim. Thinking of a HX Stomp as a get-by-for-now options, which I could then later sell (or so I assume). It would really be helpful if I could anticipate when a (largely de-bugged) FM3 would be readily available for purchase.

When did you get the invite for the non HP? I received my invite for the non HP on 3/24 and my invite for the HP on 5/18. So I would think if your first invite was around the same time as mine you should expect yours pretty soon.

I did get an HX Stomp while I was waiting but personally I don't think it's in the same league. I ended up returning it. Same thing with the Headrush Gigboard.

I am not trying to be pessimistic, but I am simply concerned about availability. I think I probably put myself on the wait-list around the end of last year, but I honestly have no idea as to the specific date any longer. I got an invite for the non-HP-jack version some time ago, but I passed on that. I have not heard anything else from Fractal.

As I sold my AX8 earlier this year, I might have to find a plan B for the interim. Thinking of a HX Stomp as a get-by-for-now options, which I could then later sell (or so I assume). It would really be helpful if I could anticipate when a (largely de-bugged) FM3 would be readily available for purchase.
The HX Stomp is a great unit. I've had one for quite a while, and in light of the issues with the FM3, I plan to carry it with my FM3 as a backup. My FM3 has been fine so far, except for locking up every time I try to import a patch from my AxeFX-III.

When did you get the invite for the non HP? I received my invite for the non HP on 3/24 and my invite for the HP on 5/18. So I would think if your first invite was around the same time as mine you should expect yours pretty soon.

I did get an HX Stomp while I was waiting but personally I don't think it's in the same league. I ended up returning it. Same thing with the Headrush Gigboard.
The HX Stomp is not in the same league as the Fractal products, but it's a great backup in case of a Fractal failure.

Jarick, Markmurtha,
Thanks very much for the kind replies. I still have a little bit of time before i absolutely need to get a modeler.........(some places just don't allow amps on stage)....so I'll give it a bit more time.

In the spirit of keeping hopes alive for a FM3 with headphone output, I thought I'd chime in with my FM3 invite status:
Wait list - 4/25/19 8:06am EST
Purchase Invite (non headphone) - 4/16/20 11:58am EST
Purchase Invite (w/ headphone) - 6/23/20 1:17pm EST

Fortunately, my Axe-FX III / FC-6 setup is working for me and will not need the FM3 so, I am passing on this purchase invitation.

DAM! my SSG S20+ phone decided to stop syncing my main email account yesterday, as checking email on my PC I see I received my 2nd invite yesterday! whats strange is I have a few accounts, all using exchange server, all other accounts synced, just not my main one!

Anyways, a FM3 headphone unit now is enroute! total final price was $1151.38 USD which equals $1563.57 CAD to Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

original confirmation email was April 24, 2019 10:28 PM MST
2nd invite for headphones email received June 22, 2020 11:30 AM MST

Thanks FAS!

I literally cringe when we see "oh it`s only 999.00 U.S.. And then us Canucks see that and we just know the exchange is gonna bend us over. Another happy Calgarian I see. ;p

Quebec resident over here... when I purchased the AX8 three years ago, it came to over $2,000 with shipping, taxes, duty/brokerage fees.

I looked at ordering an Axe FX III back in march and the shipping was like over $200 USD to Canada and that didn't include taxes / brokerage stuff.

Back
Top Bottom