Post here if you've received an invite for the Headphone Jack model!

Seriously though i'd like to know if anyone gets a HP version invite and when they got on the list. I have to move some money around

Received one today, turned down the non-headphone version. Joined FM3 waitlist on April 25, 2019...but was on AX8 waitlist back in March 2019.
Probably pulling trigger today on FM3 with HP :)

Yeah, let's see how quickly they can get through the list this time. Hopefully, it got thinned out quite a bit.

Yeah guys, same list as before, starting again at the top.

If I remember correctly:
Most of the AX8 people don't seem to be forum posters. So it'll be a bit quiet for a while until they get through them.
Then everyone who got on 4/23 are super active on here and will be shouting from the mountaintops when they get their invites. And there's a lot, so it'll slow down there.
Then there's be another quieter gap of the wider audience hearing and signing up.
Then then we'll fly through may into June and be caught up.

Also Matt has stated he thinks we'll get through the list and catch up to where we're at much faster than the first time.

Also Matt has stated he thinks we'll get through the list and catch up to where we're at much faster than the first time.

I don't understand why that would be the case. If anything, it seems like from public posts more people held out for the headphone version than opted to buy the non-headphone version. Unless they are miraculously able to ship more units per day than they did with the initial run, I'm not holding my breath.

I don't understand why that would be the case. If anything, it seems like from public posts more people held out for the headphone version than opted to buy the non-headphone version. Unless they are miraculously able to ship more units per day than they did with the initial run, I'm not holding my breath.
The only ones who know the true numbers are Fractal themselves, we just have the biased sample of people who self report on the forum. (I don't know whether the people who post here are fair representatives of the waitlisters as a whole, or are more or less likely to wait for the headphone verison). But a fair number of people also ordered because they didn't need the headphones, didn't want to wait, or figured they could use an amp/etc if needed.

Even if only 30% ordered and 70% waited, they're going to get through the list 30% faster. Instead of 9 weeks, it's 6 weeks.

But ultimately, I'm just repeating what Matt has stated.

Well then why would they say that they would be going faster through the list then?

The only ones who know the true numbers are Fractal themselves, we just have the biased sample of people who self report on the forum. (I don't know whether the people who post here are fair representatives of the waitlisters as a whole, or are more or less likely to wait for the headphone verison). But a fair number of people also ordered because they didn't need the headphones, didn't want to wait, or figured they could use an amp/etc if needed.

Even if only 30% ordered and 70% waited, they're going to get through the list 30% faster. Instead of 9 weeks, it's 6 weeks.

But ultimately, I'm just repeating what Matt has stated.

I suppose that's technically true. I guess 'get through this quicker' is pretty subjective, much like 'soon'.

Well then why would they say that they would be going faster through the list then?

I'm not sure, there could be numerous reasons ranging from simple optimism to PR stuff. I simply stated why I personally was skeptical of that statement given what I've observed over the last few months, my bad. I will, however, be delighted to be proven wrong on this one.

It's dangerous to assume that forum posts represent the general population of Fractal owners. They don't. This forum is a tiny subset of that group, with a greater tendency to geek out on details.

Got mine. Was on the AX8 waitlist though so no idea when I joined because my email won't go that far back. Passed on the headphoneless one a few months ago so maybe that timeframe helps. I know there are people on here trying to triangulate their position in line. All I can say is.... take a deep breath and don't buy from one of the Reverb jerks flipping them for profit. Legal. Yes. Cool. F no.

I wonder if we'll get through all of april 23rd today, because i remember seeing a lot of people buying the non-headphone jack variant when those invites came out.

Back
Top Bottom