Post here if you've received an invite for the Headphone Jack model!

I'd agree with this statement, I have a confirmation email on the 24th so just squirming over here for my invite.

Well, whenever Fractal goes silent like this, it’s because they are dealing with a major problem.

Sometime last week, the invitations stopped going out with no explanation. This happens to coincide with numerous reports of feedback issues in high gain patches. These reports seem to have started when the headphone units started shipping.

I’ve been told that there is no shortage of FM3s, and that they have “tons“. Some of the folks who have had this problem have been told to send their units back for some sort of correction.

I think Fractal initially thought they could solve this with software updates, and realized it is a hardware issue. Some people have been told that there was a problem with assembly of a “small number of units“, but who knows if that’s true. If it is, then maybe they can correct those units and continue shipping. If it is a problem with the design of the unit, then we are all screwed because it would take months to redesign the FM3, manufacture and get them over here.

Of course, we may not know for quite a while until Fractal decide to fill us in. And that usually only happens when they have solved the problem.

Well, whenever Fractal goes silent like this, it’s because they are dealing with a major problem.
Actually, I remember a week of silence like this while FAS was shipping non-headphone units that didn't appear to be tied to a major problem. As I recall it happened right after they went through nine days of invites in one day (May 1-9, I think). My assumption at that time was that they had sent out so many invites that they needed some time to focus on shipping the resulting surge of orders before sending out even more invites. Perhaps the reason for no new invites this week is similarly mundane.

fwiw on my account page I see the following message under my FM3 purchase "This product cannot be reordered because it's out of stock."

Confirmed from email by Andrew this morning. He said check back next week. Speculation on my part is they hopefully have more and just need to prep a batch for shipping... pure speculation though.

Weird, I was told the opposite. I was told they had lots of units. Maybe they're only "In stock" when they've been inspected, flashed and packaged. Unless, of course, they've got to fix a hardware issue with all the units first :worried:

Sometime last week, the invitations stopped going out with no explanation. This happens to coincide with numerous reports of feedback issues in high gain patches. These reports seem to have started when the headphone units started shipping.

I’ve been told that there is no shortage of FM3s, and that they have “tons“. Some of the folks who have had this problem have been told to send their units back for some sort of correction.

I think Fractal initially thought they could solve this with software updates, and realized it is a hardware issue. Some people have been told that there was a problem with assembly of a “small number of units“, but who knows if that’s true. If it is, then maybe they can correct those units and continue shipping. If it is a problem with the design of the unit, then we are all screwed because it would take months to redesign the FM3, manufacture and get them over here.

Of course, we may not know for quite a while until Fractal decide to fill us in. And that usually only happens when they have solved the problem.
Ermagerd, Fractal factory gonna be burned down for the insurance money like ADA was!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(/s conspiracy theory hype train, choo choo :) )

Last edited:

Sigh... I think you gotta do something else than stir up and speculate things that simply might not be true. Take a chill pill... relax.... Your invite will come at some point and you will completely forget about this entire waitlist thing.

Your invite will come at some point and you will completely forget about this entire waitlist thing.
New to the forum? Been a long time since this was “about this waitlist” - it’s about all the other causes for the waitlist to expand with no end in sight... IMHO things have already been going sideways well before COVID-19, and the recent reports of HP-FM3s performing in a less than satisfactory manner do not inspire too much confidence either. Prospective buyers better NOT forget before spending their $/€...

Back
Top Bottom