Post here if you've received an invite for the Headphone Jack model!

Hey I just recieved my second invite and I originally signed up on 5/16/20 so we are now half way through May!

Last edited:
Nice we are cruising now. I think May 1st-21st 2019 in 5 business days.

I’m 8/1/2019 - I wonder if I’ll even be able to swing it it when my name comes up.

Waitlist - June 2, 2019
Invitation - July 21, 2020

Nice!
The downhill slope is starting to get steeper. Wait list tenure peaked at 439 days a week ago (July 13, 2020) and with the information in this post, we are at 415 days from wait list sign up to invite receipt. Gained over three weeks (24 days) in the last week.

I don't understand why that would be the case. If anything, it seems like from public posts more people held out for the headphone version than opted to buy the non-headphone version. Unless they are miraculously able to ship more units per day than they did with the initial run, I'm not holding my breath.
That's entirely possible though. We have no view into Fractal's supply chain or how many units were initially ordered or whether those were actually delivered, versus how many they're ordering and receiving now, or whether there was an impact in their ability to ship because of the virus and they've worked around it.

Things have changed radically in the last nine months and a lot of expectations are based on how things used to work and might need to be recalibrated. We just don't know what to expect.

I got on the list in early October '20 so I had to steel myself for a wait, that stretched into a longer wait, and then an even longer one. That the line is moving is nice, and it seems like Fractal is making rapid progress. The reports and videos from people who have received theirs are overwhelmingly positive, so I'm happy to keep shuffling along.

I was told by a credible source on 7/1/2020 that they expect to clear it in 8-10 weeks.
Well, that'd be nice.

I worked in electronics manufacturing for many years, and tiny interruptions in their component suppliers can cause big ripples as delays move through their production line. I'd assume that Fractal is sourcing from a couple suppliers; Being tied to one source is risky, though unavoidable when they're looking at CPUs and DSPs, especially high-end and modern ones. Those companies probably make the chips in a couple places though, so maybe nothing else will get in the way and the units are moving smoothly.

Everything I've seen about the FM3 looks good and I'm interested in getting my hands on whichever one has my name on it. It's pretty amazing what we can do with a box like that feeding sound into a DAW on a laptop or into a FRFR.

I thought I was getting on the waitlist for the AXE8 and erroneously signed up for FX8 on September 16 2019 (I was new to the fractal family!). I had no idea about FM3 at that time.But I ended up ordering an AXE FX III.

Got on the waitlist for FM3 on March 1st 2020 when I think there was some announcement made that they are finally shipping or something on those lines.

I am just hoping there were knobheads who had no idea about FM3 untill March 2020 and they dont have a lot of people waiting after the AX8 batch clears up.

But then again - this is all wishful thinking :)

Back
Top Bottom