• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FM3 Now Shipping

sidsin

Inspired
Getting a second hand unit for $1350. Still got all the covers etc on it. Obviously no warranty. Should I go for it?

flametop

Getting a second hand unit for $1350. Still got all the covers etc on it. Obviously no warranty. Should I go for it?
Myself, I would wait if NO headphones and NO warranty are a big deal to you. I plan on getting the extended warranty. Although FAS is very reliable equipment it is electronic and things can happen. Of course, this is just my opinion.

sidsin

Inspired
Myself, I would wait if NO headphones and NO warranty are a big deal to you. I plan on getting the extended warranty. Although FAS is very reliable equipment it is electronic and things can happen. Of course, this is just my opinion.
I agree with you. It has the headphones jack, but obviously no warranty. But also, my waitlisted date in March 1, 2020 :expressionless:

Guessing purchasing extended warranty is not an option right?

flametop

Correct, NO option there. Things will pick up quicker than we think. ;) On the deal you got, not a bad price considering 1600+ I've been seeing online but again, if you have any issues and need to have it serviced the purchase price will def go up.

sidsin

Inspired
Correct, NO option there. Things will pick up quicker than we think. ;) On the deal you got, not a bad price considering 1600+ I've been seeing online but again, if you have any issues and need to have it serviced the purchase price will def go up.
Yes, Thats exactly what I was thinking. Someone I knew played live with their FX III in scorching heat and kept it in the car after that. He apparently had some issues after the unit restarted, but it got okay. But the scare was enough!

And if I was getting it at half price with no warranty, then it makes sense. But paying over the purchase price without warranty, does not make any sense. Still using my old helix, which is okay as of now. And will just wait for the FM3 (and get the extended warranty)

Last edited:

ItheLesser

For anyone curious about the waitlist I just purchased my FM3 after receiving my second invite. We are now half way through May at least up to 5/16/19! :blush:

Join waitlist date: 5/16/19
First invite: 5/5/20
Headphone invite: 7/17/20
Thanks for the update, Enjoy your fm3. Looks like we’re in mid May now. I’m mid June, so hopefully by the end of July I’ll get an email.

sidsin

Inspired
I have a feeling they will be trying to clear out the backlog in the next 8-10 weeks.

Also, I was new to the world of fractal last year, and signed up for the FX8 thinking its AX8. Had I known, I would've been September waitlisted as well :D. Ijust ordered the FX III after that.

Mine is out for delivery today. It feels like UPS is toying with me.. theyre a block away.. then waay out of the way. Makes you wonder what kind of algorithm they use for the delivery process.
I don’t know but I’ve been curious too. I’m pretty sure it’s all mapped out by their computer and it probably figured out the route for fuel efficiency, but listening to their trucks driving past the house when I’m waiting for something is always maddening.

Top Bottom