OwnHammer V4 Impulse Response Libraries

Just purchased the 412 MAR-CB pack. I'm looking forward to a nice old Marshall straight cab. I always seem to gravitate toward the straight Marshall's. I had the 2556A and B cabs forever and that B cab is still stuck in my head. I can't even count how many times I have whined about selling those, lol.

Just purchased the 412 MAR-CB pack. I'm looking forward to a nice old Marshall straight cab. I always seem to gravitate toward the straight Marshall's. I had the 2556A and B cabs forever and that B cab is still stuck in my head. I can't even count how many times I have whined about selling those, lol.

There is a lot of magic in that cab. That one was generously donated to me by a Marshall connoisseur, who had picked that one out of (if memory serves me correctly) near a dozen other vintage basketweave and checkerboard cabs as being the best, even with the same speakers in it. Like how certain acoustic instruments just sound better than their make/model brethren. I will be doing a little bit of an expose on this when I have the time to beef out some website content.

There is some very, very exciting news about this cab, and this library coming up very soon. :)

Thank you Ownhammer for the great IRs, by the way, here the Ownhammer vs ML Lab IRs Test:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ownhammer-vs-ml-sound-lab-irs-test-who-is-better.123705/

Thanks keymaker, very cool!

I did some demo this afternoon with the OH Class-A Dou and the Div13 amp sim:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...h-the-div13-awesome-for-blues-bandmix.123738/
Here is another little clip with OH Class-A Dou from last sunday afternoon. This time the 1x12 Blue and 1x12 Gold bwith the factory preset AC20 Deluxe Treble - great blues tone.

Awesome!!! Thanks Tony!

It may be obvious at this point, but now available is the OwnHammer Class-A Duo Impulse Response Library, which brings two classic and iconic British combos and a host of excellent and in some cases very rare and unique speakers to the table. Taste and preference is a subjective thing, but to my ears, this is the definitive offering for this lineage of amps/cabs.

Enjoy!

Thanks Kevin - listening to the vids I prefere the AC20 for blues compared to my clip with the Div/13. Although i positioned my smartphone better with the AC20 clip - there you can hear the backing track better as my smartphone is here direct facing the FOH. I did not play through the FOH. ;)

While I initially didn't like the idea of hunting down aftermarket IR's, I soon found the swings in tonality between all the factory cabs (especially from different companies) was yet another variable that I did not want to play around with, so I've invested in a few Ownhammer packs. I find the OH stuff to be the most balanced of the aftermarket IR's I've tried and they complement the Fractal very nicely.

Last night I picked up the Super Reverb pack to go along with my Deluxe Reverb, California Duo, and old 4x12 Marshall pack. The Super Reverb isn't drastically different than the Deluxe, just a little different tonality with the smaller speakers. There's a lot of variety there. The Super and Deluxe pretty much cover the basic spectrum of Fender clean tones, the 2x12 Mesa 3/4 can cover a lot of the Class A type tones, and the 4x12 Mesa can cover most of the gain stuff.

I also cleaned up my user IR cabs, adding three IR's for each cab/speaker (57, 121, and OH1F). After a lot of trial and error using different mixes, I ended up preferring the 121 90% of the time because it is warm and full yet has some clarity on top. I added the 57 because it's a classic selection and the OH1F because it's a blend of the two. Everything was pulled from the quick mix folder as I don't want to audition thousands of IR's.

I'll probably pick up the 4x12 Marshall EV soon as it's a very different speaker from anything I've got right now...and hitting the volume discount makes it easier to pull the trigger!

While I initially didn't like the idea of hunting down aftermarket IR's, I soon found the swings in tonality between all the factory cabs (especially from different companies) was yet another variable that I did not want to play around with, so I've invested in a few Ownhammer packs. I find the OH stuff to be the most balanced of the aftermarket IR's I've tried and they complement the Fractal very nicely.

Last night I picked up the Super Reverb pack to go along with my Deluxe Reverb, California Duo, and old 4x12 Marshall pack. The Super Reverb isn't drastically different than the Deluxe, just a little different tonality with the smaller speakers. There's a lot of variety there. The Super and Deluxe pretty much cover the basic spectrum of Fender clean tones, the 2x12 Mesa 3/4 can cover a lot of the Class A type tones, and the 4x12 Mesa can cover most of the gain stuff.

I also cleaned up my user IR cabs, adding three IR's for each cab/speaker (57, 121, and OH1F). After a lot of trial and error using different mixes, I ended up preferring the 121 90% of the time because it is warm and full yet has some clarity on top. I added the 57 because it's a classic selection and the OH1F because it's a blend of the two. Everything was pulled from the quick mix folder as I don't want to audition thousands of IR's.

I'll probably pick up the 4x12 Marshall EV soon as it's a very different speaker from anything I've got right now...and hitting the volume discount makes it easier to pull the trigger!

I hear ya!
That Mar-CB EV pack is very cool and it shouldn't be overlooked.
I should definitely use that more in my music or YT vids.

Last week I decided to re organise all my OwnHammer IR's in my Axe FX XL+.
For the open back or smaller cabs I'm now loading these mixes:

OH1
OH1F
OH2
OH2F

And for the more rock oriented cabs I usually load stuff like this:

OH1
OH2
PROG
CHUNK

For every single speaker option.
For the blends I stick with the OH1 for each blend option.
Otherwise my Axe FX would fill up to quickly.

In 99% of the cases I stick with the OH1 mixes because they are so well balanced and they fit the mix so well each and every time.
If I'm dealing with a bright or thin amp sound the OH2 files can kinda 'fill them up'.
The F mixes in the smaller cabs are there for single coil clean tones (thanks to Kevin for that tip).

Anyway, I could talk about this all day but I also need to make some music :)

Demo of thew new Mesa Cab Pack from Ownhammer "California-Duo". Very fat and huge sounding IR's. Even with Marshall-Presets or in a mix: 1 Marshall and 1 Mesa Cab. I had a very bad and pissed of day, so I did a 3 hour blast with my Indie Les Paul and it was the right tone to get rid of some of my agro and frusttration.

Does anyone know if the FRED file is the 2 SM57 mics mixed together or just the one 45° angle mic?
12 days later...I was looking through the manual of my Heavy Hitters Collection and noticed that the "Cut" mixes in the OwnHammer "Mixes" folder are an on-axis 57 and off-axis 57 mic combination.

12 days later...I was looking through the manual of my Heavy Hitters Collection and noticed that the "Cut" mixes in the OwnHammer "Mixes" folder are an on-axis 57 and off-axis 57 mic combination.
Thank you @B:ASSMASTER I had read the manual a few times since I bought the pack and totally overlooked that everytime. I love how genuinely helpful this forum is. I really try hard to find the answers via search/Google before I ask the dumb questions.

Who has the V4 Marshall 412 Lynchback extension pack? Thinking of grabbing that with the regular Marshall 412 pack.

Also interested in the Bogner 412 ST - anyone tried that?

Who has the V4 Marshall 412 Lynchback extension pack? Thinking of grabbing that with the regular Marshall 412 pack.

Also interested in the Bogner 412 ST - anyone tried that?
I have several of their libraries, but I don't have any of those. However, I may be able to still help. What is it that you're looking for? Any particular tone that you're chasing? What drew you to those libraries?

I have a bunch of their stuff too. I have most of the studio mix collection from back when you could pick and choose the stuff you wanted separately. It was nice sounding at the time but the MAR66 212 pack sounds much more natural so I use that on every patch, mostly the scumback H and M, some Lynchback, occasionally V30, and often the Greenbacks.

I just want to get a 412 that sounds as good. I'm going to pick up the MAR 412 CB and Lynch extension. Was thinking about the Bogner 412 ST for some variety rather than the Mar V30 extension. There's an overtone in the old studio mix pack that I just don't like that's gone in the MAR66.

Just realised I have a whole bunch of V3 IRs from Ownhammer that I forgot I'd bought, and the few I sampled sound pretty killer. Maybe I don't need V4 after all? Pretty sure all these are V3 except the bottom two right?

I have:
212-GTR MAR-66 Multi-Speaker Collection
412-GTR MAR-TV EDVH V3 MIX
412-GTR MAR-TV M-PR20-75 V3 MIX
412-GTR MES-ST V30-EN-08 V3 MIX
412-GTR DZL-RL LYN-BK V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST H-SB-75 V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST M-SB-75 V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST V30-EN-08 V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST EDVH V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST LYN-BK V3 MIX
412-GTR BOG-ST M-PR-55 V3 MIX