OwnHammer V4 Impulse Response Libraries

AHA! It was you who sniped a couple of those 412 RECTO libraries last week RIGHT after I put them up even though I hadn't made them visible anywhere on the website (as I haven't finished the template demo track(s) for that yet, which I'm starting tomorrow) yet, haha! I was wondering who that was... Very sneaky, sir. ;)
Ahhh now I know the trick, this is an IR junkies dream to an early release! lol

Three of the cabs I am working on right now are Fender based, though the productization model I am moving towards going forward is more single speaker based. Total disclosure, the monster libraries are just taking too long to put together and taking too much out of me physically to try to meet reasonable turnaround times. I'd rather be pumping out smaller libraries constantly than waiting 6 months between releases, which in about a month or so once I have some of the backlogged work caught up, it's going to be steadily flowing, and I'll be alternating between manufacturer types to keep a regular variety. :) I also feel that this will demonstrate the value of the Player Packs even more, and make things much clearer to define in terms of the line in the sand between them and the OH site contents to where it will be easier to fall to one side or the other.
Please tell me there is a T75 for the MAR-CB cab coming?!?!

Please tell me there is a T75 for the MAR-CB cab coming?!?!

There will be 1 to 3 different types of T75's I can and will be shooting for that cab, in time. Most of the cabs will have around a half dozen or so single speaker libraries made available, but that cab will have dozens. Throwing the kitchen sink at that one, and when things are set up to begin a more normal release process flow (i.e. not adding things to the background, but just making them publicly visible from the onset), will be having things added to it regularly.

Sorry for being slightly cryptic with the current background libraries. There are several internal reasons why this is happening this way, one of them being that 8 libraries are about to get pulled from the site, and these are going to fill that empty space. One of them is a multi-cab, so I need to get all the necessary components completed and then blast all this out at the same time. As Pwrmac7600 mentioned though, these things are absolute beasts and improvements over what is on its way out, to my ears and in my subjective opinion anyway. I apologize, but I can't go into a lot of detail on the why here, but the silver lining is that there is some killer content about to drop. :) Should have some entries for the next cab hiding back there in a couple days, finished them last week.

For those interested, the new 412 RECTO can be found at ownhammer.com/412-recto, or as mentioned by others by searching for recto or going to the New Products filter page that shows up at the top of the homepage when you log into your account (which you don't need to be logged in to go there, fwiw). I'll be working on demonstration media after I complete the necessary library content, but only after what is necessary to move this process forward is completed. For those brave enough to venture in, hope you dig it. :)

:eek: What!?!

Can I get a heads up on which ones? Just in case it's a library that I've been eyeing and want to snag before it disappears.

It's not appropriate at this time that I post this information publicly as this is not something that involves only myself. Shoot me a message through the Contact Page, even though I'm incredibly backed up on email, I am going to try to catch up on that some later this week.

So I am guessing a Mesa 2x12 is coming up soon?

Someone is paying attention, connecting the dots, and gets a gold star for the day. Well done, Mr. Holmes.

It's not at the top of my list, but it's close for the internal reasons that things are shifting, as you have deduced.

Why are you guessing that? I don't see any indication of that coming up soon.

Elementary, my dear Watson. ;) j/k :)

Last edited:
If it helps aid in the mystery, if it were a Duo, I wouldn't have released the 412 RECTO by itself. The game, as Benedict's version would say, is still 'on'. :) Which reminds me, I've been so busy shooting IR's I've forgotten to pick up season 4. For shame!

Ok so now I need to ask for METAL broadest range high and low end, how would you compare 60 vs 70w v 30 cabs? Boomy is NOT better for me if that helps. Thick tight chunk, with good not muffled high end :)

Ok so now I need to ask for METAL broadest range high and low end, how would you compare 60 vs 70w v 30 cabs? Boomy is NOT better for me if that helps. Thick tight chunk, with good not muffled high end :)
IMO both are tight and chunky, but the 60 is brighter. Not in a good or bad way, just brighter, a slightly different flavor if you will. I messaged you, We are having a snow day here in the NE, so I will record a slip and use both the 60 and the 70 so you can hear the difference. I'll message you a link later on.

@ownhammer So i have a question regarding the mixes. I know these contain actually real world phasing captured in the IR. If I convert them with min phase does it smooth any of that out of the IR? Up until now I always converted without min phase on, but the other day I went to blend in another IR and I had phase issues between IR's. I really don't want to use min phase on the mixes, because I feel they have a magic captured in them that is just so pleasing to me ears, and I am afraid I will lose that by converting with min phase.

IMO both are tight and chunky, but the 60 is brighter. Not in a good or bad way, just brighter, a slightly different flavor if you will. I messaged you, We are having a snow day here in the NE, so I will record a slip and use both the 60 and the 70 so you can hear the difference. I'll message you a link later on.

Post it here man! :)

I personally usually prefer the V70's over the V60's for heavy tones because of the smooth top end and fat midrange.
However, I LOVE the V60's for cleans!

Back
Top Bottom