Implemented Option to make a block scene-independent

the best work around for this would be to buy another Axe-Fx and use it for just the amp+cab, in the loop of your main one, use the midi block on the main one to have some scenes send change messages and some scenes don't. $2500 and i feel like i stole it. :sweatsmile:

I thought of this one too ;)

Also, couldn't you program some switches to send the CC's to enable/disable certain FX instead of changing scenes?

Also, couldn't you program some switches to send the CC's to enable/disable certain FX instead of changing scenes?

you can totally do that. you can control everything in it from something else. which makes all belly aching in here amount to a bunch of spoiled babies wearing poop glasses complaining about nothing.

HotWhisperedHerald-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, that's right. So I think if I were to get behind any idea it would be that of @NeoSound in post #5 above. Blocks (or just amp and cab?) would need an option for "Exempt from Scene Changes".

I really can't imagine this would be a widely used feature though.

That would be very useful for anyone who uses an Axe for more than one signal source simultaneously.

I'm using mine for guitar and vocal processing. Being able to switch vocal effects independently of scenes would be awesome.

Bumping, because this seems so incredibly useful for me. It's one reason I don't use many scenes because of the combinations involved. I typically just have a simple toggle S1/S2 that changes Amp tone and some IA's to switch various FX's. Ideally though, I'd love to have my AMP/Cab block be independent and use scenes to switch the FX in/out.

If each scene had the ability to only change certain blocks then I'd be on cloud nine.

I like the idea of a three-way option: "Include in Scene Control", "Exclude from all scenes", and "exclude from some scenes", which would lead you to select the on/off toggle for 8 scenes... I know that option would get messy on the interface. But if I'm reading all of the comments right (and thinking of my own usage right), it would be very usable. For me, the more obvious usage cases aren't amp/cab blocks being ignored, though. For example:

Scenes 1-3 could be primarily tone color/drive level based. I'd set the delay and reverb blocks to ignore those scenes, so that regardless of how "wet" or "dry" I have my signal at the moment, I could switch to a scene that changes amp channels, adds drives, or whatever.

Scene 4 could be set for ambient / volume swell, with everything "listening" to the scene.

Scene 5 could be set for rhythm, no big delays or verbs, and everything could listen to the scene.

"Lead Boost" drive pedal and an EQ block could be set to be excluded from all scenes and controlled by one footswitch, allowing independent control of my lead boost regardless of what scene I'm in.

I received the FC12 a few days ago and have been setting it up this evening. It's extremely powerful and exceeded my expectations on it's abilities. Toggle is awesome and effectively doubles the 12 switch options.

If we had the option to exclude blocks from scene changes I could change between 4 amp channels with 2 switches in toggle mode and 8 effects configurations with scenes. Which would be awesome.

Edit: would also be nice when a switch was set to toggle and you pressed another, then returned it stayed in the state you left it in - would work great with scenes and amp channels in toggle mode on the fc.

I’m bumping also because this would be a huge win. Even if you could just set scenes to ignore amp channels would be great. This way you could have your pedal board all set for different scenes, then just click to a new amp channel to have all the same fx scenes with a new amp.

bump... block "stompbox" mode...however you set it is the way it stays, you can change channels with MIDI or whatever but a block in stompbox mode doesn't listen to scene instructions.

Bump.

Never really understood this until I created this thread. The short version is that I need a mixer block to live unmolested by scene changes since each channel in the mixer block will be set to a particular gig/venue confituration of mixing/outputs. In other words, all instrument paths get routed into the mixer. The mixer goes to all outputs. Each channel is a particular configuration. So when I get to the gig, I hit a button that turns the mixer to the channel I need for that venue. Now, all my scene changes work like normal without changing the channel on the mixer block.

This gets a big +1 from me.

Bump.

Never really understood this until I created this thread. The short version is that I need a mixer block to live unmolested by scene changes since each channel in the mixer block will be set to a particular gig/venue confituration of mixing/outputs. In other words, all instrument paths get routed into the mixer. The mixer goes to all outputs. Each channel is a particular configuration. So when I get to the gig, I hit a button that turns the mixer to the channel I need for that venue. Now, all my scene changes work like normal without changing the channel on the mixer block.

This gets a big +1 from me.
Yep, this would be huge for me! Especially with the FM3 getting a mixer block.

Even better, have scene channels A-D. Then each block you could choose what scene channel it would respond to
This seems sort-of the inside-out or other-side-of-the-mirror relative to the couple of nearly simultaneous threads on amp/cab channel linking, which both seem to have expanded into more of a "block channel linking" concept....

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/linked-amp-and-cabinet-channels.148497/

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/option-to-link-amp-and-cab-channels.151059/

reviving this one to say, I'd love to be able to engage the virtual capo and have it ignore scene changes.

If someone has already figured this one out, please share!

Since there's a good chance that the III will include 3 AMP blocks, I wish there was an option on each block to select if it was Scene independent

I would like to make one big Preset which would contain 3-4 AMPS (using different blocks or channels) and 8 scenes to change between FX settings. But I don't want the scenes to change my AMP block.
Sorry I’m late to the party here - the III will have 3 amp blocks?

Back
Top Bottom