On the brink of giving up.

There is two things I dont get in this thread.

1. Why use the mastervolume to reduce the amp level.
Why not use the ampblocks output level . Then we can keep the sound
and still reduce the level.

2. Some people says that the use of a Macki mixing desk
would make the difference betwean great or lousy guitarsound.
Come on ! You can't be serious. If the sound is great it would
get pass the mackie. Some of you make it sound like it would trash
the signal completly. I never had a problem recording guitar through
a mackie.

Interesting. I forgot I did this. My output gain in the global I/O was turned way down to -7. I did this cause everything was clipping BAD when i got the thing and upgraded the firmware to 7.

i'll have to test this.

LOL. Did the same thing when I had the Ultra - had a patch that was clipping so badly it would transiently overload the CPU - however because the global level was turned down the output clip indicator did not light up. Sent the patch to Cliff to try to see if he could figure it out, ended up feeling like a moron.
This should significantly improve things for you.

Why use the mastervolume to reduce the amp level. Why not use the ampblocks output level . Then we can keep the sound and still reduce the level.
You're right. If you just want to change the level, the Level parameter is what you want to use.

On certain amp models, cranking the master too high can cause clipping regardless of level(I may be wrong, someone correct me if I am please).

I know with the Uberschall model, I can have my level set to -12db and the master at about 6-7 and still get the clip light to flicker once in a while.

This is not accurate. You may have tweaked other things for that to happen. If you start with any amp and a cab from scratch - meaning at default settings, if the level is brought down sufficiently, the master volume should not make it clip. Other factors are probably causing it in your patch such as levels in other blocks is too high, etc.

Why is there such disparity in level between amps?....at least amps of similar gain structure/intensity?

Back
Top Bottom