On the brink of giving up.

check your I/O & global levels: Make sure Global EQ is even, check Input level (Instrument in etc),

Interesting. I forgot I did this. My output gain in the global I/O was turned way down to -7. I did this cause everything was clipping BAD when i got the thing and upgraded the firmware to 7.

i'll have to test this.

definitely sounds better. check the ideal heights for your pickups - Frequently Asked Questions | DiMarzio

i hear what you're saying about your sound, though - it's especially obvious in the very top end, where there seems to be less bite and you seem to have less thump than i do. i'm using a dimarzio air zone in the bridge, which is a pretty mid gain pickup.

also take a look in the patch i posted the PEQ block. this is set up like the mesa 5 band eq with the same frequency and q values. the mesa eq obviously goes before the poweramp and we can only place it after, but it does the job quite well, because the frequencies are right (unlike the geq in the amp block)

Interesting. I forgot I did this. My output gain in the global I/O was turned way down to -7. I did this cause everything was clipping BAD when i got the thing and upgraded the firmware to 7.

i'll have to test this.

AHA! Now, zero it out, then make a patch from scratch with just the amp and cab.

i'll have to test this.

I spent a month fighting for decent tone, and finally realized I had the global gain down to avoid clipping on lots of presets. When I leveled it out, it was day and night better.

Also check your input trim. I felt a noticeable difference after tweaking it just right and I don't have it "tickling the red".

Sent from my phone.

Here's a video where you can see pu height adjustment. Not the best video in the world but you can see the idea.

Also check your input trim. I felt a noticeable difference after tweaking it just right and I don't have it "tickling the red".

Sent from my phone.

By the fuck of Greyskull! This DID make a difference! It smoothened out my attack and when i shred i get slightly smoother picks. I like it. Ok. Im almost there. I can feel it. I think Im read for those IRs.

Example: http://soundcloud.com/soleparadigm/test-tone

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom