OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves

You can mimic much of the OMG9 stuff with the MC6 (but not all. Most notably sensing effect states)

I've been trying for days to search a good tutorial on how to mimic an OMG9 with the MC6. If you have a good link, I'd appreciate it.

I've been trying for days to search a good tutorial on how to mimic an OMG9 with the MC6. If you have a good link, I'd appreciate it.
I don't think you can get there. The MC-6 is the controller, whereas, with a FM3 and FC6 it's the FM3 that is the controller telling the FC6 what to do and the FC6 augments the switches on the FM3. That tight coupling is beyond what the MC-6 can do because it can't query the FM3 about the FM3's current state and then update the MC-6's display or knowledge of the FM3 as a result. You'll have to tell the FM3 to send a PC message out at that point and have the MC-6 listen and do something accordingly, which turns into a lot more work.

I tried to make a Helix Stomp and MC-6 act as tightly coupled as the FM3+FC6, hoping to save money, and the added work and frustration quickly drove me away from trying that.

Yes, it requires more work, but it does work. I have it running much like OMG 9 .

Yes, it is not as integrated or effortless, and it does lack some of the functionality, but I can

• change 'views' on the MC6 with the FM3: Preset, Scenes, Effects, Looper (using stand in switch for tuner and tap tempo, but could work on MC6 too)
  • have persistent 'scene states' (when you switch from scenes to another page and go back to scenes, the correct scene will be indicated (some caveats)

It does lack the 'automatic sensing' of scene states and effects etc, but that is something I can live without. My presets are not that elaborate, and I dont use a lot of presets either.

As for a tutorial: I don't know of any. I just read the manuals and with some trial and error got it working.

I'm just starting to play with this now, and finding the idea of just using the FM3 without the FC6 pretty liberating in terms of weight to carry, and having a much smaller board that I can carry around easily. It will force me down a road of perhaps having a few more presets rather than a kitchen sink one, which would be easier once global blocks are implemented. But it's no huge hardship, I don't change my presets too often.

Maybe this has been discussed in this thread already, but I'm using OMG3 and when I'm on scene 4 (set to start up on this layout) and I tap on preset, it shows me presets 000-002. Is there something I need to edit so that it shows the selected preset bank rather than starting at 000-002?

Maybe this has been discussed in this thread already, but I'm using OMG3 and when I'm on scene 4 (set to start up on this layout) and I tap on preset, it shows me presets 000-002. Is there something I need to edit so that it shows the selected preset bank rather than starting at 000-002?
Scene 4?

I'm late to the game but these work so well. The only thing I may change is the amp level button. Not sure if I'll use that often.

Question , would something like this work for an fc 12 ?
I am guessing you could still have Presets, Scenes, Effects, looper on 4 of the switches like your table of contents then use the other 8 to display 8 scenes, 8 effects , 8 presets etc , is there an easy way to set this up

I am guessing you could still have Presets, Scenes, Effects, looper on 4 of the switches like your table of contents then use the other 8 to display 8 scenes, 8 effects , 8 presets etc , is there an easy way to set this up
Sure. Program four of the switches to take you to those four layouts. Then in each layout, program the same four switches, plus the rest of the switches to enforce scene, effects, or whatever.

My take on it ...

Attachments

• all-layouts_OMG12.fclayout
    80.2 KB · Views: 11
My take on it ...
Thanks so much Patzag
will check it out when my FC12 comes in
does this layout still do essentially similar to the OmG9 where you load up differnt preset scene fx layouts
btw your OMG3 is awesome used it for a while now

Thanks so much Patzag
will check it out when my FC12 comes in
does this layout still do essentially similar to the OmG9 where you load up differnt preset scene fx layouts
btw your OMG3 is awesome used it for a while now
Yes. It's almost exactly the same. Breaks the FC12 into 2 sections. Like having 2 FC 6s with one Master and one Slave.

You're welcome. Glad so many enjoy this!

Back
Top Bottom