OMG 9 without FC-6: How to use the 3 switches by themselves

As a noob, this thread has been great! In addition to the value of the OMG3 layouts, it's been a real education just reading posts and trying to fully understand how this layout set hangs together.

One general question I have about Layouts... Is there a way to assign an initial layout/view on a per preset basis (as opposed to a global default)?

One general question I have about Layouts... Is there a way to assign an initial layout/view on a per preset basis (as opposed to a global default)?
No, layouts can't be loaded by presets.
Presets can control the functions of "Per Preset Footswitches"

Just want to shout out to Admin M@ and Patzag. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant work. Have everything up and running. Have 2 file saved.
  • FM3FM6.fclayout
  • FM3ONLY.fclayout
Can easily switch between them depending on whether I am using the full setup with FC6 or my compact FM3 alone setup.

Just want to shout out to Admin M@ and Patzag. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant work. Have everything up and running. Have 2 file saved.
  • FM3FM6.fclayout
  • FM3ONLY.fclayout
Can easily switch between them depending on whether I am using the full setup with FC6 or my compact FM3 alone setup.
That's great.
But the philosophy of the FM3 Only is that it lives within the OMG9, unused until you have to use the FM3 without the FC6.
So the end product should be a single fclayout file that integrates the 2. This way, you don't need to load anything - just to change your starting layout.

Ok. Didn't want to go to the trouble of modifying the layouts ..but it didn't take too long. Couldn't resist after your reply.

So now all I have to do is switch between Layout 4 - FM3 ONLY for FM3 mini rig or Layout 8 - OMG 9 for full FM3 + FC6 rig.

Have a FM3andFC6.fclayout backup just in case I need it. Thanks again!!

Ok. Didn't want to go to the trouble of modifying the layouts ..but it didn't take too long. Couldn't resist after your reply.

So now all I have to do is switch between Layout 4 - FM3 ONLY for FM3 mini rig or Layout 8 - OMG 9 for full FM3 + FC6 rig.

Have a FM3andFC6.fclayout backup just in case I need it. Thanks again!!
Bravo!

Anybody have any issues with selecting presets? If I hold the button to bank up, for some reason, it shows the same preset on all 3 buttons. Haven't experienced this before but it happens even after I shut it down and power it back up. I don't seem to have any other issues.

Anybody have any issues with selecting presets? If I hold the button to bank up, for some reason, it shows the same preset on all 3 buttons. Haven't experienced this before but it happens even after I shut it down and power it back up. I don't seem to have any other issues.
What is Bank Size set to?

When I press and hold, it shows the same preset for all 3 selections. If I press and hold again, as if to scroll to the next preset selections, the following presets show up as they should. It's strange.

When I press and hold, it shows the same preset for all 3 selections. If I press and hold again, as if to scroll to the next preset selections, the following presets show up as they should. It's strange.
Which layouts are you using? The latest call for a Bank Size 6 so you can use OMG9 or OMG3 without changing bank size.

Much appreciated! I'm racking my brain here.
You are suffering from the dreaded bank size incompatibility and using an interim layout. Possibly one of those I screwed up while developing this system.
To fix you need to make a mod:
1. If you do NOT have an FC 6 and only use the FM 3 alone, go to Layout 4, View 4 and change Switch 3 HOLD to Bank +1.
2. If you have an FC 6, use the latest iteration of the provided layouts which allow you to operate with Bank Size 6.

Let me know which one you need, and I can send you the corrected Layout as needed.

You are suffering from the dreaded bank size incompatibility and using an interim layout. Possibly one of those I screwed up while developing this system.
To fix you need to make a mod:
1. If you do NOT have an FC 6 and only use the FM 3 alone, go to Layout 4, View 4 and change Switch 3 HOLD to Bank +1.
2. If you have an FC 6, use the latest iteration of the provided layouts which allow you to operate with Bank Size 6.

Let me know which one you need, and I can send you the corrected Layout as needed.
I’m just using the FM3. Thanks for all your help!

OK. Here you go. I made 2 changes:
1. I ensured that the +1 bank actually did that, instead of sending you to another layout which had only on preset across a switches.
2. I neatened up the switching so it can go all the way to the last preset and then wrap around to the beginning.

Please test and confirm it all works.

Attachments

• amdowell_alllayouts_Rev 1.9.2022.fclayout
    84.7 KB · Views: 14
OK. Here you go. I made 2 changes:
1. I ensured that the +1 bank actually did that, instead of sending you to another layout which had only on preset across a switches.
2. I neatened up the switching so it can go all the way to the last preset and then wrap around to the beginning.

Please test and confirm it all works.
Works perfectly! Thanks again for taking the time to do this.

Hi,

Im pretty new, as I got my FM3 a couple weeks ago (which I absolutely love), so apologies for what might sounds as a silly question:
Regarding using the FM3//OMG9 and using the FM3 only:
When unplugging the FC-6, do I have to go into the setting each time, so I can use the FM3 with the master layout (like it was when I received it, which for now is fine, when only using the FM3) and then when plugging the FC-6 back, I also need to go to the settings to activate OMG9?

No option where the FM3 would auto detect if the FC-6 is plugged or not, so it either use the OMG9 mode or the default master layout?

About to purchase the FC-6, hence my questions to you guys.

Thanks! 🤘

Hi,

Im pretty new, as I got my FM3 a couple weeks ago (which I absolutely love), so apologies for what might sounds as a silly question:
Regarding using the FM3//OMG9 and using the FM3 only:
When unplugging the FC-6, do I have to go into the setting each time, so I can use the FM3 with the master layout (like it was when I received it, which for now is fine, when only using the FM3) and then when plugging the FC-6 back, I also need to go to the settings to activate OMG9?

No option where the FM3 would auto detect if the FC-6 is plugged or not, so it either use the OMG9 mode or the default master layout?

About to purchase the FC-6, hence my questions to you guys.

Thanks! 🤘

I'm away from my gear now, but from my best recollection there was an FM3 only choice and one that worked with the FC6.
I believe it all has to do with the startup screens.
It may have been @Patzag that came up with the FM3 only.

Pretty cool that we have several options! Glad you like the Fractal FM3!

Back
Top Bottom