ODS Ford???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the pissed off tone in OP, even if you were right Paco.

Sometimes I don't being that much pissed as people read it out from my posts ;)

Well I'm just a bit frustrated to change and change and change my tones almost every firmware! Remeber a good amp, you plug in turn it on - it inspires you from the minute you take the guitar in your hands. With the axefx doing all the updates its more of a "oops-let-me-re-tweak-this-and-that-so-I-might-can-jam-a-few-minutes-before-I-need-to-put-my-focus-back-to-work-again-feeling" with my favorite tones. I like to use my axefx at home, playing in my living room without making too much compromises regarding tone. I like the product, I like the company and their endless efforts to make the product "rounder".

Maybe its just the wrong number of firmware. Remember - I liked Fw10, 11 was strange in some ways, 12 was great again, 13 was not in my book, Fw 14 was the money (stayed on my axefx until end of september 2014), Fw 15 had too less gain, Fw 16.04 brings it back, Firmware 17 too much undefined low end, Firmware 18 would be my thing again.....:lol

I'm not the guy who makes a religion out of everything, but I due appreciate the efforts done by Cliff and his team. But I don't need to be worship the company to apple awesomeness, sometimes I write things straight because I was frustrated. I guess Cliff knows that - he recommended me a book, so i did the same thing with a slight ironic undertone. If I'm really happy, I'll send out a box of Ovomaltine - as I did in the past.

At the moment I'm back on FW16.04 and the product still works!

@ Levipeto: Your text example is very fine and polite in every word! Close to perfect! I know what you're talking about (because you care and don't push this thread into chaos as others did!) - but I did something else in my post as everyone can read.

So.....does that qualifies all the negative shooting from other board members? Nope.....it would in a perfect world. But since this is reality right here, I wrote my frustration down and earn all the negative bullshit by people who think they can win something from FAS when trowing verbal stones against me, showing the world their glory! So goes away the dream of a perfect world.......;)

Well in the future I'll join the 99.99% of AxeFx users who doesn't need to share their thoughts & feelings in message boards. So you guys can enjoy yourself among each other without reading my opinions all day. Fair enough? Sometimes I might check in...but not much

all the best

PS:
AFAIC PEBKAC.
As far as you being concerned, the so called problem in your opinion has much more up his sleeve as you can think of. Not just spoken about ODS tones, also about Marshalls and Friedman Amps......so please if you got a valuable point share it with full words.

Last edited:
It hurts to see a thread come to a boil so quickly. Here's a perspective from the sidelines:

PacoCasanovas made some points, explained his reasons...and drove it home with a sledgehammer. Maybe that wasn't his intention, but that's how it looked on paper. Others came along, saw the sledgehammer swing, and started throwing rocks. I think many others stopped by, saw the battle, and chose to stay away.

If everyone checked their weapons at the door (including bulges in their hip pockets that might only look like weapons), some good discussion could come of this.

I think the OP has a lot more he should be focusing on other than tone. His licks and phrasing on the guitar leave A LOT to be desired in my opinion. Actually, I think it's garbage. ......

I don't totally agree with the OP, however this type of response is just not called for and is not constructive in anyway. If you think you are in a position to bag someone's playing like that, how about you post a vid showing how much better YOU sound with the ODS Ford ? ;)

I don't totally agree with the OP, however this type of response is just not called for and is not constructive in anyway. If you think you are in a position to bag someone's playing like that, how about you post a vid showing how much better YOU sound with the ODS Ford ? ;)

I'm pretty sure he was going the sarcastic route and mimicking the OP.

As for the book Cliff linked, though meant as a joke no doubt, it should still be mandatory reading for teens in school. A lot of wisdom in there.

As for this thread, from Paco's arrogance to the shit storm that followed. Sad, just sad.

Happy Holidays everyone! :)

I prefer the Ford 1 but the Ford 2 doesn't sound off to me.

But I've never owned a real Dumble so I'm just going by my personal taste.

Nice clip, but you play the thing with too much attack, it sound almost like a marshall in your hands - the magic of a d-style amp goes with the articulation of your playing, let it breathe and feel the bloom - get a whole range of great tones just by various string attack, that makes it really unique. Try it out.....and make it yours!:ugeek;):encouragement: I bet you can!

With activated PAB, this goes away.....it goes into another compressed overdriven OD structure as done by so many manufacturers.

One reason of HAD not making his amps available to everyone was that not everyone was able to play the amp so you can hear the flipping, the bloodiness, the huge range of different tones by their playing, which makes this such a special design. It's not a bad thing not being able to play that special kind of amp either. All dumble amps were done differently, but they all share the same basic topology which contains a very special voiced pre-gain tonestack and a special way to amplify the signal into overdrive, which makes it so real unique. Even a HRM design contains a pre-gain tone stack and the PAB was just ment to boost the thing over the top.....the HRm tonestack was not available at the front of the amp either......funnywise it's your main tone stack in the axefx. Just as another marshall amp.

We currently have approx 20 different variations of Marshall-esque SLP tones in the axefx, but just one single ODS overdrive tone which using the unique pre overdriven tone stack design.

12.03b4 had a liveliness to it that I really liked also and have no idea on the accuracy of the Dumbles in the latest, but the new FW sounds great to my ears.

I don't know about whats real or not real about this amp,
but I think your post came out as rude and ungrateful.

I really think that FAS and the people making so much effort deserves way more respect than that.

If you want to share your knowledge and have a good idea, then communicate as an adult
not as a rude keyboard warrior.

Paco, I personally think that you shouldn't stop posting. You're a good guy, obsessed with the D-style amps and you know your shit. Your posts have always been great and I've learned tons of stuff from them. Negative or positive, this thread might take the Axe FX Dumble more closer to the real thing. That isn't a bad thing imo. Maybe the post wasn't written in the most generous way but I'm sure Paco didn't mean any harm.

I've only just started experiencing with the Dumbles. I used it at an acoustic gig once because of the great dynamics but I'm not there yet! Keep it coming!

Merry Christmas! Houba houba!

Sometimes I don't being that much pissed as people read it out from my posts ;)

Given your history on this and many other forums, one could expect a grown up adult ( = you) to reflect on his communication style.

The fact that you refrain from adapting your communication style accordingly hints at either your unwillingness or inability to reflect.

So don't shift responsibility to those who allegedly "read it out of your posts".

Well I'm just a bit frustrated to change and change and change my tones almost every firmware! Remeber a good amp, you plug in turn it on - it inspires you from the minute you take the guitar in your hands. With the axefx doing all the updates its more of a "oops-let-me-re-tweak-this-and-that-so-I-might-can-jam-a-few-minutes-before-I-need-to-put-my-focus-back-to-work-again-feeling" with my favorite tones.

This makes sense of the entire thread for me.

I took you seriously and really thought you were having a bass response issue with the Ford 2 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom