ODS Ford???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacoCasanovasOld

Fractal Fanatic
Dear FAS-Sound-Team

ODS Ford? With all respect, the current edition of a Dumble nonHRM done by FractalAudio should be re-named into ODS fart. Why? Way too much low end, the loss of articulation as we have it before fw17. Why? Complete wrong low cut filtering, lack of mids, too less gain....too compressed and even wrong plate frequency values by default which can have a huge effect! Uugh......
Talking about accuracy, the ODS nonHRM takes more love and a real name - Ford? We already have the Ford Dumble amp in the box - called Bludotone Ojai Lead !

By default - the current edition ODS Ford 2 is not much usable and takes a lot of tweaking!

Currently I love to play my own Pacosipulami OD* amps, because they have much more roar and depth than the current edition of a non-HRM d-style amp would have. With Fw 12.03b4 you were so close, because the notes were flipping, it was magic in the air. Now it's gone.....:cry

* - not a d-style clone, just the same concept, components chosen by ear and to my reference speaker cabinets!

listen to the clarity and depth in the low end and the thick mids with a ton of sustain in this clip....this is the way to do a real d-style OD tone!

this amp is really hard to get and you're not there yet! ;)

Interesting. I need to try it. I use the Comet Concourse a lot for ODS tones. I'm finding it to be a little different (maybe not quite right?) in this FW.

I'll give the Ford ODS a go when I get a chance. Still messing with the Comet, which I really enjoy. It's almost a Trainwreck/ODS or something.

Oh, and regarding my previous comment, WOW! do flatwound strings ever make a HUGE difference. I need to try a brighter set, I think. There's nothing wrong with the Comet Concourse model.

Really looking forward to trying out the ODS models in 17.03.

Dear FAS-Sound-Team

ODS Ford? With all respect, the current edition of a Dumble nonHRM done by FractalAudio should be re-named into ODS fart. Why? Way too much low end, the loss of articulation as we have it before fw17. Why? Complete wrong low cut filtering, lack of mids, too less gain....too compressed and even wrong plate frequency values by default which can have a huge effect! Uugh......
Talking about accuracy, the ODS nonHRM takes more love and a real name - Ford? We already have the Ford Dumble amp in the box - called Bludotone Ojai Lead !

By default - the current edition ODS Ford 2 is not much usable and takes a lot of tweaking!

Currently I love to play my own Pacosipulami OD* amps, because they have much more roar and depth than the current edition of a non-HRM d-style amp would have. With Fw 12.03b4 you were so close, because the notes were flipping, it was magic in the air. Now it's gone.....:cry

* - not a d-style clone, just the same concept, components chosen by ear and to my reference speaker cabinets!

listen to the clarity and depth in the low end and the thick mids with a ton of sustain in this clip....this is the way to do a real d-style OD tone!

So, tell us how you really feel. BTW, It is very usable to me. Personally I find your post a bit "lacking in class".-Just MHO of course.

Hmmm?

I’ve got nothing but good things to report here. I bought in at FW 9+, when the "D-simulations" were only "based" on a Bludotone. The new FW 17+ ODS Ford is far and away the finest, most dynamic, fullest and most Ford-like version yet. On my end it’s as close to perfection as it gets. Things have indeed changed with FW 17, and from my perspective this amp in particular has improved greatly.

I really like the ODS Ford 2.

Dear FAS-Sound-Team

So when will your unit be ready for us to try?

So when will your unit be ready for us to try?
Send me a PM (I'm not gonna use this thread to share business-self-adverticing here) and I tell you everything you want!

Let me be straight with you guys. The low end resonance of ODS Lead 3 (I don't like the new name, there are plenty of unnamed, nice-to-know dumble-players around than just Robben Ford who can articulate that tone right - but not everyone can) had more definition and clarity prior to the current state. It's not possible to tweak this away, not with higher low cut filtering (which also cuts down some wanted low end).

If some of you are happy with the given results - post your sound clips! I did plenty of clips showing what I'm talking about, I heard not so much of your sights and thoughts regarding the ODS Lead 3 yet. Simply saying this is far the best result does not make it more valid in my ears.

This amp is special - all other d-style amps were done with PAB on, which partically (not fully) bypassed the most beautiful circuit in this amp design - the pre gain tone stack. Even a HRM design originally has it and not everyone uses PAB.

Last edited:
My son and I recently built a preset with the ODS Ford 1 & 2 mixed with a TAF Shadow & Mesa. Kinda blown away by it honestly. Never really cared much for the Dumbles until now. Thanks Cliff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom