Nothing like a real Plexi

Sorry, no 9002 but I did do a model of this:

08215916_0813082000b1756ed9a1be070e7e50a776b4d413567230732.jpg

Too funny....... this piece of crap was actually my very first amp when I first started learning to play!! ....ah, memories.... Along with a Aria Pro II "Stray Cat" guitar. :)

My first amp too!
Ha! Me too!

Next Cliff needs to model a Renown 400 (which was much louder, not to mention frigging indestructible, surviving multiple tumbles down flights of stairs), along with a DOD American Metal pedal to put in front of it (the current Metal Zone drive block in the Axe would supply too much tone in comparison).

Peavey Classic

Yes! Peavey Classic 50 with a solid state pre and and 6L6 Tubes in the output! At one point I ran a 50 watt marshall into a Roctron Juice Extracter, a quadraverb, and then the power amp input of the peavy classic 50. Sounded like shit!

Yes! Peavey Classic 50 with a solid state pre and and 6L6 Tubes in the output! At one point I ran a 50 watt marshall into a Roctron Juice Extracter, a quadraverb, and then the power amp input of the peavy classic 50. Sounded like shit!

Me too! With the built in phaser! Actually, that was my second amp. My first was a Stage (20?). A tiny solid state amp that I blew up. I don't miss the amps but I sure do miss being that excited about everything. Memory lane.

Tone Deaf (not Def)

Around 1980, I tried to convince several beginner friends to buy a Champ, but they bought Backstages instead -- apparently they were tone deaf. I still haven't forgiven Peavey for that horrific sound. Out of maybe 300 gear purchases in 30 years, not a single Peavey anything!

Peavey's had a bad era for amps... they started sounding decent... heck the rockmaster preamp sounded pretty good if i remember correctly.

Never owned a Backstage but my first amp was a Crate 1x12 combo and shortly thereafter I added an Ibanez Super Distortion pedal to get the Uber-gain..... LOL... Good times. :D

Backstage was my first amp as well. The rockmaster preamp is an AWESOME piece of gear....I still have two of them. If guitar players don't see the peavey name, they will choose the rockmaster over many highly regarded manufacturers.

I was a little more fortunate when it came to the amps starting out as a player. I first had a generic GE tube amp that the guy across the road gave me as a 12 year old. Then at 15 I moved on to a small Gibson combo tube amp and used a Fisher solidstate, console stereo for overdrive out of the volume... what... it worked. Then at 17-18 I moved onto a Marshall Lead 12 mini stack quickly onto a 1977 Marshall JMP 2204 w/ matching cab that I got by trading a Charvel Model 4 for it.

Now those 80's Lead 12 mini heads may be worth simulating. Maybe... The jury may still be out on that one for some of us.

Back
Top Bottom