no whats in V9.0 thread yet?

Zthat I would love is some sort of patch leveling utility or maybe even a volume leveler like you see on digital music where it brings everything down to one common level. I try to level patches with sound meters and by ear using the methods described, but invariably the patch variations still get me on stage especially when switching guitars. For those who have soundmen actively running the entire show, they have an out. For those who run their own sound and onboard or outboard tools to improve this would be huge for me. I'd take that over new amps any day.

Already tried a (studio) compressor at the end of the grid? You can even have it perform as a brickwall limiter by turning up Ratio to "Infinte".

Already tried a (studio) compressor at the end of the grid? You can even have it perform as a brickwall limiter by turning up Ratio to "Infinte".

Question for you Yek. Can you get the Boss CS2, CS3 compressor sound? you know that Spank sound.

A proverb about a gift horse and a mouth comes to mind.

Not to question the updates,it's great that there are improvements to unit on a regular basis and that's one of the reasons I have been a fractal user since 2008. I just remember you mentioning riot pedal a few updates ago and was hopping it would be in this one. your dedication to constant improvement is much appreciated. It comes back to the debate what's important to who, amp sims for some fx for others and all the above for some as well. Not taking what you do for granted at all.

It's strictly a change to the power amp modeling. However, the change is relevant even at low MV settings since crossover and hysteresis modeling has been improved. These distortions occur at the zero crossing as opposed to clipping distortion.

See, THIS is why I would never make it in Audio Engineering. ;)

Cliff wrote: It's strictly a change to the power amp modeling. However, the change is relevant even at low MV settings since crossover and hysteresis modeling has been improved. These distortions occur at the zero crossing as opposed to clipping distortion.

VERY excited to hear this change. This is one of only two differences I can pick now between real and Axe-FX (and I'm not going there, the Axe-FX is so much better than the real thing in its fine-tuning it's a no brainer, and in any case, the other is probably a psycho-acoustic effect anyway).

It doesn't happen with all amps, but some you can plug into at very low volume and hear a slight edge that I really like.

Back
Top Bottom