NGPD - Parts is parts....

20220907_165541_0.jpg

Accumulating parts for a project....
Late to the game, but I just saw this. It’s almost a shame to put a bridge on it. Look closely, and you’ll see Hobbes’ face on the right.

That's going to be really nice looking! I still need to get my build off the ground, I have the body and need to cut in the pup, neck pockets and electronics cavities. Going to order a Warmoth neck as well.

Very nice body.
But I don't like these small pickup rings for Tele neck pickups. I would first try how you like it with the neck pickup screwed directly to the body. IMO this would look better.
Final assembly is a pretty long way off, so we'll see.

I am sorely tempted to get the neck pickup area routed for a P90 and stick Fralins in there - a "high-output" Split Rail at the bridge and his AlNiCo hum-free P90 at the neck - but I can always change that later, I guess, and I already have the set of Dawgtown 5/2 Tele pickups around that sound really good....

Very nice body.
But I don't like these small pickup rings for Tele neck pickups. I would first try how you like it with the neck pickup screwed directly to the body. IMO this would look better.
For my personal tastes, I agree. For some reason, pickup rings on single coils just look wrong... But at least this one has some "character" to it.

20221214_235511.jpg

A little progress....

Need to get #6 #4 x1" wood screws for the neck pickup. Decided to mount direct and skip the mounting ring. Had to get the Stewmac Tele routing template to locate the bridge mounting screw holes, and it came with a second smaller template for routing a P90 or a humbucker, so if I decide to stick a P90 at the neck at some later point in time, all I need is a router....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom