NGPD - Parts is parts....

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
20220907_165541_0.jpg

Accumulating parts for a project....

Yeah, it's a gorgeous black poplar burl top on orchard cherry wood. Got a Warmoth snakehead neck coming with vintage amber maple and a gorgeous, rich brown Indian rosewood fretboard. Gonna be a beaut when it's assembled....

The raw neck, before frets, finish, nut, etc.:
MN-3237a.JPG.jpg
It's going to have satin 'vintage amber' over the maple, stainless 6105 frets and a black Earvana nut. Going to swap the Steinberger 40:1 machines from the red Tele to this, and put the spare set of Grover auto-lockers on the red Tele. This one will hang on the hanger without bumping the low E out of tune.... :D

Last edited:
Beware Warmoth 6105 it is not the same hight as everyone else's version it is only .047 high not .055 . Thats a big difference.
Interesting detail.
I have another neck of theirs with SS6105 that I am happy with, so I am familiar with their stock....

You’ll know its yours! Looking forward to the finished build.
Yup. Can't wait for the rest of the parts to arrive. Need to get some Tru-Oil for the body and start rubbing it on, so that it will be ready when the neck gets here or shortly after....

I have a wooden pickup mounting ring coming from, of all places, Walmart.com, via some 3rd party vendor. Looks like they are trying to compete with Amazon....
I ordered from walmart some long endmills - they came with nice big chinese characters stamped on the box. nicely packed tho'

What other parts are you going with ? Looks really nice BTW.

Rutters Bridge, 3/8" Over controls plate, Nocaster short domed knobs, etc.

Pickups will be the Dawgtown 5/2 set that were in my VZ Tele before the Fralin Split Rail and Wilde/Lawrence L202TN went in it, with a 4-way switch to get the extra beef of series connection....

Back
Top Bottom