Newb question - using the Axe II with a Quadraverb?

Ballistic

I've searched and searched and haven't found a definitive answer, but how would I use an Axe-FX II in conjunction with an Alesis Quadraverb? I want to use the modulated reverb and delay settings in the QV with the amp/cabs in the Axe. I know the QV doesn't get much love these days but it's got a few sounds that I just can't find anywhere else. This is not for live use, only for recording, so I'm thinking just running both into a mixer in series and then the mixer mains into the recording interface. Or...?

One post, so I'm gonna' go out on a limb and assume you're not a "power user"...

To answer your question with a question, why? You've got studio quality reverbs and modulations at your fingertips in the AFX.

To just answer your question, use the loop (rear panel) and the loop block wherever it is you want the Alesis in your chain.

One post, so I'm gonna' go out on a limb and assume you're not a "power user"...

To answer your question with a question, why? You've got studio quality reverbs and modulations at your fingertips in the AFX.

To just answer your question, use the loop (rear panel) and the loop block wherever it is you want the Alesis in your chain.

Not a power user, not even an owner at this point. I want to be sure it can connect with external processors without issue.

Why? Because no one else does modulated effects like the QV.

it's got an FX loop so yes, you can use whatever external processor you want but you may want to get familiar with what the Axe can do before you go adding the alesis, m.02

Because no one else does modulated effects like the QV.

If you wanna use the Quadra, use the Quadra. But it'll degrade your tone.

The Reverb blocks in the Axe-Fx have built-in modulation.
Also, you can put the Reverb in a parallel row, and add any modulation effect before or behind it.
The sky (pun intended) is the limit.

I didn't ask for opinions on the Quadraverb, just connectivity with it.

This isn't Burger King, you don't get it your way....

If you want to stick with your quadraverb, fine, but why not at least wait until you actually own an Axe, and see firsthand how much modulation of the reverb is possible, before you cast off the advice of users whom are only trying to provide you well meaning information.

There is nothing the Quadraverb can do the Axe can't so go ahead and stick with the Quad if it holds some of sentimental attachment etc, its your tone after all, but maybe at least give the Axe verbs a try....

Give the guy a break! He's never used an Axe-FX; of course he wants to know he can still use an effect that's important to him, just like we all have favorite guitars we'd never give up.

Of course, it's always possible that… something… might someday come along that could turn our heads… :)

I didn't ask for opinions on the Quadraverb, just connectivity with it.

By all means, shrug off the advice of a guy with over TWELVE THOUSAND posts on a forum dedicated to a product you want to own. :roll

And you got your answer in the second post, mine... granted, I did technically ask you a question, but it was rhetorical. I don't actually care what you use. Chances are good I'll never hear anything you ever play anyhow.

I had a Quadraverb back in the day. Really grainy reverbs but that may be what the OP wants. It will degrade the signal due to old, outdated converters, mediocre clock, cheap analog circuits going in & out, etc. At least you can bypass it by bypassing the FX loop block so it only needs to affect the signal when it is being used. The Axe is extreamly flexible in how it can be used.

Ironically the responses are somewhat ballistic? :)

Yeah you can use rack efx, guitar pedals and most all normal guitar rig kit with the Fractal. It is really accommodating and the analog bits are all top shelf professional.

For long time users of the Fractal, they can already see that the Fractal can do stunning top shelf efx so the grief about the Alesis might seem overbearing but it is probably true you could re-create it in the Fractal with much higher fidelity.

By all means, shrug off the advice of a guy with over TWELVE THOUSAND posts on a forum dedicated to a product you want to own. :roll

And you got your answer in the second post, mine... granted, I did technically ask you a question, but it was rhetorical. I don't actually care what you use. Chances are good I'll never hear anything you ever play anyhow.

Perhaps in your world post count means something significant. In my world it just means that you spend a lot of time typing, and if most of your posts are anything like what you posted in this thread, the significance is subjective.

ballistic, perhaps post a clip of the Quadraverb effects you like, and let the forum put its money where it's mouth is trying to match it with an AxeFx version.

Personally, the current firmware effects in the AxeFx have made me forget about every effect processor I owned...sold my prized RE555 tape echo, lexicon PCM 41 and LXP1, TC electronic G-force and Fireworx. But sure, if you want to use your Quadraverb, just put it in the FX Loop, and you can program the location anywhere you want within the AxeFx routing grid.

I'll also say that the AxeFx will expose other gear for their sonic weaknesses, whether it be noise or tone coloration. I think the school of thought is that sonically transparent is the best to start, and if you desire coloration, noise or distortion, you add it as desired, rather than be forced into accepting it without recourse.

otherwise, don't mind the cork sniffers. The AxeFx is worthy of it, but if you buy it, you can do whatever you want with it, right? If you're an fx junkie, there is no peer to the AxeFx. It's a ton of fun!

this thread could have (friendly) ended a few posts ago... the Axe-Fx has a routable effects loop (showing up as the effects loop block), just like an amp (only better, since it's routable). hook up any rack processor like you would with an amp, open the fx loop block and put it anywhere in the chain and off you go. if you don't need the outboard gear, just bypass the loop block or don't have it in your preset at all. simple and flexible.

Back
Top Bottom