Newb question - using the Axe II with a Quadraverb?

Some folks should take care to remember that what sounds good or bad is subjective. Just because something is newer or more powerful doesn't mean it's inherently better. If that were the case then vintage gear would be incredibly cheap, right? : ) Don't be so quick to judge folks on the gear they want to use.

In the end it's all about getting the sounds you need to make the music you hear in your head,

I agree-I don't play out much anymore, mostly home studio. But when I do I use a midiverb 4 for my vocals. sounds fine to me.....and most folks comment how good and clear the vocals sound ....of course I have a great voice and that helps.......had to throw that in :)

As stated before I used QV for many years for vocals in the 80's and 90's

quadraverb...ADA mp1.... seems like yesterday.
MP-1? Don't even get me started on that one. With the 3TM mod that thing was a BEAST. There are times I miss the ones I had but the Axe FX helps me get through those moments. Still wish this one would get a model. Talk about a classic sound.

I use my quadraverb in stereo in the fx loop return with my strymon timeline in the send in stereo. Connect the outputs of the strymon into the quadraverb inputs. Sounds so good haha. I even ordered the upgrade from Chip for resonance, ring mod, and 1.5 seconds of sampling

I still have a quadraverb and a roland gp100 :) probably sell them while I still can get something for them :) but I used to love that combination for years I felt I had a killer rig, then I got hooked on a axefxii and the rest is as you say history

Haha the old Quadra...I have the first one and the Quad 2 which I really think is still a killer box to this day. Quad 2 is a killer studio piece for anyone into that sort of stuff on a limited budget. I'll tell ya why I used the first version for anyone wondering...

My biggest issue was glitches in patch changes. I hated this so bad, it was why I bought my first Chameleon. I always thought the first Chameleon had a great sound for a transistor box and it changed instantly which was cool. Effects of course stopped dead upon switching, but it was better than hitting a patch and having that big gap in the patch change. I still don't know how guys deal with that and just accept it.

But my other reason for the Quad was, I couldn't get a VH flange or phaser out of my Chameleon. The Quad did this great and also changed patches instantaneously as long as you didn't use the EQ in the unit I believe. And here's another good one....

The gated reverb in that Quad was killer on snare drums and toms! At the end of the day....I looked at it like this. Every place I played (even some huge venues in Europe) didn't have me in stereo. It didn't matter if my delay, verb, flange or phaser were a little dirty. As long as they worked, didn't have a glitch/patch change delay and sounded realistic, I stuck with them. One of the things that sold me on the Digitech 2101 was how it had gapless program changes and incredible morphing when you added the second S-DISC.

It took me years to get the Saturated tube distortion to sound good. So I used the Grunge distortion for a while and wasn't crazy about it, but my patch changes were instant! LOL! :)

Glad to see a Quadraverb thread!

Can someone who still owns one explain the "ChorusStrings 2" preset? I love that sound and really want to recreate it on my AX8. If you could write out the block configuration for that preset it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom