New Rotary Block - Brilliant!

I know you can use an expression pedal to modify the rate. How would you use an instant access switch to toggle the rotary to transition smoothly from slow to fast rate. [emoji2]Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you can use an expression pedal to modify the rate. How would you use an instant access switch to toggle the rotary to transition smoothly from slow to fast rate.
The High and Low Time Constants determine how long it takes the horn and baffle to spin up or spin down.

I know you can use an expression pedal to modify the rate. How would you use an instant access switch to toggle the rotary to transition smoothly from slow to fast rate. [emoji2]Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. [emoji17]

Which FW are you on? I only ask because with the latest FW 18 Beta just released tonight there is now X/Y Switching for the Rotary block. I've been playing around with it and it's awesome!!

Which FW are you on? I only ask because with the latest FW 18 Beta just released tonight there is now X/Y Switching for the Rotary block. I've been playing around with it and it's awesome!!

the first public beta of FW18 had XY too, but no CC#s in the I/O CTRL list. only Scenes could switch them. :)

I'm on beta 1 but as soon as the Steps Ahead concert ends here at Birdland in NYC I will be headed straight home to load up beta 7 and play with the rotary x/y to toggle between the slow and fast setting. Rex's post is helpful in conceptualizing how to set the high and low extremes. Just trying to conceptualize how to use the MFC to toggle between the two extremes. Sorry, I'm a rotary newbie. [emoji2]

Ahh ... got it. [emoji108] Thanks guys. Now I can hit the ground running when I get home at 2am and get to bed by 3am! [emoji2][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

fw 18 is so inspiring! I've got a great sound going here now with the Supertweed --> Rotary --> Stereo UltraRes TV Mix#1/TV Mix#2. The Rotary between amp and cab block is how I like it best. Brings out that classic "swirling water" vibe. And I like to set up automatic modulation of the Fast vs Slow rotary speed by a triangular LFO, so it does its morphing thing like every ten seconds or so.

I used to do this with a Random LFO so that it would be very organic and just move around where ever. Sounds cool.

The latest public beta has CCs for Rotary XY (125 and 126).
You may need to reset the system parameters first.

How did you work that out. How is it different to the default settings?

Look at Low Rate Mult. It's a multiplicator. If Hi rate is 48Hz and multiplicator is set to .8 you;re going to end up with a rotor speed of 38.4. I used some figures I found online and then tweaked until it sounded good to me.

Hi Yek - can you comment on the pros and cons of using external v. internal IA switches to control the rotary X/Y CCs that toggle the speed of the rotary effect?

Look at Low Rate Mult. It's a multiplicator. If Hi rate is 48Hz and multiplicator is set to .8 you;re going to end up with a rotor speed of 38.4. I used some figures I found online and then tweaked until it sounded good to me.
Smart! That's a good approach to really nailing that sound. Well done.

mfc rotary x/y?

Feel like a newb...
Can't find rotary x/y option for the MFC-101 Mark III's instant access assignments.
Had an expression pedal doing it, but would really like to use an IA switch.
What am I missing?

Updated MFC firmware. The firmware will need to be updated to support the X/Y. We're working on it.
I'm starting to reflexively tell myself "Fractal is beta testing that and it'll be released soon" for every new feature I want. Including time travel. Always one step ahead of us, that Cliff... :)

Can't wait to load FW18 when I have a spare moment. The audio samples and early reviews are making me drool.

Thanks, Boss!
No rush...
Just making sure the doof-ass gene wasn't being dominant!

In the meantime, choose the IA you want to use, assign it to NONE on the MFC MIDI menu. Same MENU, Assign CC 125 to the switch. It now functions (if you have done a System Parameter Reset) to X/Y rotary. That's how've I've set up my MkIII for this and it works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom