New Product Announcement! MFC-EDIT

MFC-Edit Version 1.5 (1 August 2014)
Version 1.5 is absolutely awesome. Gary (creator of MFC-Edit) e-mailed me the License Key, and when I had an issue, he wrote code within 15 minutes to help solve my particular issue (Java 8se, update 11 issue). Gary stayed with me until I had the program up and running. Wow! Talk about dedication to your customer and kindness above and beyond the call of duty! Thanks, Gary. Buy MFC-Edit, you will be so glad that you did! I've had my Ultra since the beginning, and MFC-Edit, with its beautiful interface, will save me hours of preparation time every week. Well done!

Excellent video which clearly demonstrates the power of the MFC-101 and was worth watching for that alone. I can see that I can get a lot more out of the unit than I am currently.

The software looks pretty good as well. I'm going to get it. Good job Gary.

Excellent video which clearly demonstrates the power of the MFC-101 and was worth watching for that alone. I can see that I can get a lot more out of the unit than I am currently.

Thank you for you generous words. Yes, the MFC-101 is incredibly powerful. Every day I learn something more that it can do. It's amazing. It is so flexible that it can be daunting to new owners but the ability to configure and re-configure it on a whim (with an editor) makes it a lot less intimidating to experiment with.
Thanks
-G

Last edited:

+1

Downloading (and purchasing!) now!
This is great software indeed!
If you don't mind me asking, I got a mac in my home studio that's currently on OSX 10.8.5, and I cannot update it because much of the hardware I use with it hasn't been updated yet.
Does mfc edit work properly under 10.8.5?

Downloading (and purchasing!) now!
This is great software indeed!
If you don't mind me asking, I got a mac in my home studio that's currently on OSX 10.8.5, and I cannot update it because much of the hardware I use with it hasn't been updated yet.
Does mfc edit work properly under 10.8.5?

It works perfectly on 10.8.5.
Thanks for your kind words. And your purchase.
-G

Ahhh....from the owner's manual....

"You must have previously captured the SysEx file from your MFC-101 using Fractal Bot, Snoize, MIDI-OX or some other such MIDI utility program. Please refer to the MFC- 101 Owner's manual for instructions on how to do this."

BUT ... you can capture a SysEx dump into MFC-Edit directly from the MFC-101 - no need for Fractal Bot, Snoize, MIDI-OX or whatever. Watch for the announcement this weekend. ;)

This is a great program! I´ve always known there were modes called "songs" and "sets" in my MFC, but embarrassingly enough I never really tried to figure out how they worked - because at first glance the programming involved looked daunting (I know, I am lazy). But I´ve missed the ability to quickly set up setlists, using my existing presets in ever changing order. I used the Lemur-template on my iPad for that purpose for a while, until I updated Lemur and the template suddenly didn´t work again.

But - enter MFC-edit! One quick youtube-video later, and wow! What I needed was in my MFC all the time! With MFC-edit, setting up songs with different presets and setlists with those songs are a breeze! I love it!!

And setting up the MFC is now sooo much easier, totally removing my fear of updating the MFC. I know now that if worst comes to worst and I have to setup my MFC from scratch, it will be a total milk run compared to before. Really recommend this software, it´s good times all over!

This is a great program! I´ve always known there were modes called "songs" and "sets" in my MFC, but embarrassingly enough I never really tried to figure out how they worked - because at first glance the programming involved looked daunting (I know, I am lazy). But I´ve missed the ability to quickly set up setlists, using my existing presets in ever changing order. I used the Lemur-template on my iPad for that purpose for a while, until I updated Lemur and the template suddenly didn´t work again.

But - enter MFC-edit! One quick youtube-video later, and wow! What I needed was in my MFC all the time! With MFC-edit, setting up songs with different presets and setlists with those songs are a breeze! I love it!!

And setting up the MFC is now sooo much easier, totally removing my fear of updating the MFC. I know now that if worst comes to worst and I have to setup my MFC from scratch, it will be a total milk run compared to before. Really recommend this software, it´s good times all over!

+1 Thanks for the kind words. Makes it worth all the work :)

Last edited:
Ahhh....from the owner's manual....

"You must have previously captured the SysEx file from your MFC-101 using Fractal Bot, Snoize, MIDI-OX or some other such MIDI utility program. Please refer to the MFC- 101 Owner's manual for instructions on how to do this."

As of Version 3.0 MFC-Edit has built-in MIDI communication capabilities and can connect directly to the MFC-101 for transmitting and receiving the sysex dumps. Fractal Bot, MIDI OX and Snoize are no longer necessary.

Newbie here. Using MFC-101 Mark II as my midi controller for rack mounted midi switches for actual pedals in my rack.

Will the MFC-Edit program work without an Axe-FX? and if so, what cabling do I need to sync to Windows based PC?

Newbie here. Using MFC-101 Mark II as my midi controller for rack mounted midi switches for actual pedals in my rack.

Will the MFC-Edit program work without an Axe-FX? and if so, what cabling do I need to sync to Windows based PC?

Great question.
MFC-Edit will import, present and edit an MFC-101 backup, which is effectively a sysex dump of the MFC-101. You can edit every parameter in the MFC-101 with the editor and then send it back to the MFC-101. Without the Axe-Fx, you'll either need a MIDI interface in the PC or you'll need a USB/MIDI interface of some kind to connect the computer to the MFC-101. The Computer can only connect to the MFC-101 via the MIDI IN/OUT on the MFC-101. I own four such USB/MIDI interfaces for testing but I personally find the Roland UM-ONE to be the fastest and most reliable. They sell for around $39 (if you're in the USA).

In order to connect the MFC-101 to other MIDI equipment you will need two high quality MIDI cables, or at the very least, one high quality cable.
-G

Last edited:

MFC-edit is for configuring an MFC... It has no requirement for an Axe Fx.

You'll need some sort of way to connect midi to your computer. I use a MidiSport Uno USB midi adapter and it works just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great question.
MFC-Edit will import, present and edit an MFC-101 backup, which is effectively a sysex dump of the MFC-101. You can edit every parameter in the MFC-101 with the editor and then send it back to the MFC-101. Without the Axe-Fx, you'll either need a MIDI interface in the PC or you'll need a USB/MIDI interface of some kind to connect the computer to the MFC-101. The Computer can only connect to the MFC-101 via the MIDI IN/OUT on the MFC-101. I own four such USB/MIDI interfaces for testing but I personally find the Roland UM-ONE to be the fastest and most reliable. They sell for around $39 (if you're in the USA).

In order to connect the MFC-101 to other MIDI equipment you will need two high quality MIDI cables, or at the very least, one high quality cable.
-G

So may we infer the opposite then; meaning if you have an AXEFX connected to the MFC101, we can use MFC-EDIT via the USB to the AXEFX via FASLINK? (Don't have to unhook the MFC from the AXEFX?)

You have another fan/customer - watching the video now :)

:). Not quite. The MFC-101 isn't editable in realtime like the Axe-Fx. You can only upload and download sysex dumps to and from the MFC-101 using a computer. The MFC-101 can only receive sysex dumps and send sysex dumps over its MIDI ports. Likewise, the MFC-101 can only receive a firmware update over its MIDI IN port. If your computer has a MIDI interface on it you can connect that directly to the MIDI ports on the MFC-101 and you're good to go. If your computer does not have a MIDI interface then you'll need a USB-to-MIDI interface and plug the USB end into the computer and the MIDI end into the MFC-101. There are many USB/MIDI interface devices from a number of manufacturers ranging in price from as little as $7 to hundreds to thousands of dollars. The Axe-Fx has both USB and MIDI interfaces. Fractal Audio allow you to use the Axe-Fx USB interface to connect to your computer and the Axe-Fx MIDI interface to connect to your MFC-101 (amongst other MIDI devices) at the same time so you can in effect use the Axe-Fx as a USB/MIDI interface, albeit a rather expensive one. The Axe-Fx firmware has specific provision for this.

Regardless of which USB/MIDI interface you use (even if its the Axe-Fx) sysex dumps can only be uploaded/downloaded to/from the MFC-101 over its MIDI interface. The MFC-101 can communicate MIDI messages with the Axe-Fx in realtime over MIDI, "Etherercon" (RJ45) or FASLINK (XLR) connections but it cannot perform sysex dumps or loads over "Ethercon" or FASLINK connections, only MIDI connections.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom